Your Pride Ride

• Thread starter vette_7t9
  • 39 comments
After a long time playing GT2 400 + races I have decided that the R32 GTR in fully modded but not race bodied form is the ultimate Pride ride. For why? Because it's faster than the race bodied mod, dont ask me why... it goes up 280 without the mod but with it it struggles to pass 265.
Anyway I like it because it has enough slip in its grip to allow me to counter steer into those long sweeping corners. It's willing to break the butt out if I don't counter steer but it feels so light and willing when you correct it that the feeling is incredible. I tried using an R33 in the same way on the High speed ring and it felt butt heavy. It was 0.125 secs quicker but it felt heavier and less trustworthy. That's the thing about GT2, there are a lot of high powered cars but you can only really do well in cars with handling that you can trust not to break up unexpectedly. Of course the Tigra Ice and the Jecs are totally unbeatable for handling but we aren't talking about that in a pride ride. Here I demand a lot more fun and jiggly squatting butt squirming acting and despite my garage full of exotics I would choose the R32GTR over any other any day of the week if I had to have just one.

Originally posted by 003
After a long time playing GT2 400 + races I have decided that the R32 GTR in fully modded but not race bodied form is the ultimate Pride ride. For why? Because it's faster than the race bodied mod, dont ask me why... it goes up 280 without the mod but with it it struggles to pass 265.
I can tell you why, it's because the race mod has areo parts which generate downforce, which is more ressistance to the air, which lowers the cars top speed but it increases the road holding capability, while going fast in a straight line doesn't require any more downforce than is needed to keep the car from taking off (it happens with some cars irl), racing on a circuit especially a tight one withought this extra downforce is stupid. You have to take corners slower, accelerate out of corners slower and start to brake for corners earlier.

it's got to be my two supras.
-'93 twin turbo 313hp tons of torgue
-'98 supra 230hp (perfect drifter!)
"let the supra shine through" -moder13

Originally posted by live4speed
I can tell you why, it's because the race mod has areo parts which generate downforce, which is more ressistance to the air, which lowers the cars top speed but it increases the road holding capability, while going fast in a straight line doesn't require any more downforce than is needed to keep the car from taking off (it happens with some cars irl), racing on a circuit especially a tight one withought this extra downforce is stupid. You have to take corners slower, accelerate out of corners slower and start to brake for corners earlier.

I think that's why I like it more. More to play with, the racing mod feels a little too staid. Although some racing mods are awesome. I take what you say about the R32 racemod, since I have all mixtures of body kit etc, I have to admit that it rules. Although if the VSpec R32 can hit 280 with downforce..... hmm what can I get it do without?
For race bodied skylines and reliable handling I am still a 280MR Skyline advocate.

Latest Posts

Back