Your Real Life Car in Gran Turismo 6

• Thread starter Punknoodle
  • 173 comments
I'm getting to play the game for the first time today.

IRL I have a "brazilian" version of VW Golf, which we call here Golf 4.5

It's basically the VW Golf MkIV, with some touches in it's looks, as soon as a get one in the game I'll post a picture

I'm getting to play the game for the first time today.

IRL I have a "brazilian" version of VW Golf, which we call here Golf 4.5

It's basically the VW Golf MkIV, with some touches in it's looks, as soon as a get one in the game I'll post a picture

Woah. I'd never heard of a Golf 4.5 before, so I naturally ran straight to Google. That front end is very un-Golf-like to my eyes.

For anyone else not aware of these, here's a picture:

golfgt03smallyo1.jpg

What does GT mean? Is it the same as a GTi?

It is trim level.

I would assume GT would be pretty high end trim in europe.

In other counties they may call the low trim GTi to make it sound cool and sell more models

Woah. I'd never heard of a Golf 4.5 before, so I naturally ran straight to Google. That front end is very un-Golf-like to my eyes.

For anyone else not aware of these, here's a picture:

What does GT mean? Is it the same as a GTi?

It's not the same as GTi, usually there's 3 models of this car here, GTi is the top model, GT is below it, with less acessories.

We went from Golf IV to this model, and it stayed like this untill this year, now we have the Golf VII

It's not the same as GTi, usually there's 3 models of this car here, GTi is the top model, GT is below it, with less acessories.

We went from Golf IV to this model, and it stayed like this untill this year, now we have the Golf VII

Just skipped right over the V and VI?

My car isnt in GT6..i was kind of expexting a version of it as its one fords top selling cars 4-5 years in a row :/
2013-04-07093545.jpg

2013-05-07062327.jpg

2013-04-07093745.jpg

2013-05-07080353.jpg

Is that the 500 or a focus...

I own a 2003 taurus ses... V6 with twin cams..
Neither,2012 ford fusion SEL with 3.0L V6 and sport appearance/sport suspension/monochrome/winter packages

Last edited:
Neither,2012 ford fusion SEL with 3.0L V6 and sport appearance/sport suspension/monochrome/winter packages
Ahh.... Had the same rear bumper (awkward for a 9 year difference) as mine and the five-hundred has a similar looking,tall, flat boot/trunk..

Ahh.... Had the same rear bumper (awkward for a 9 year difference) as mine and the five-hundred has a similar looking,tall, flat boot/trunk..
Yea there basically a rehash of the 500 with a more angled front end and more sportier suspension/looks.Alot quicker too depending on your engine choice but all and all its still basically a rehash of the five-hundred

Yea there basically a rehash of the 500 with a more angled front end and more sportier suspension/looks.Alot quicker too depending on your engine choice but all and all its still basically a rehash of the five-hundred
What's your transmission? Is it still the 4-speed ax4n(s)

What's your transmission? Is it still the 4-speed ax4n(s)
Nope 6-speed 6F35 auto transmission with "selectshift" manual mode,3.0L 240hp engine..No manual option unfortunately.Alot of software issues reported with the transmission but I took a chance and haven't had an issue with the car besides the 4000$ of suspension work it needed last month :( thank god for warranty's :)

Nope 6-speed 6F35 auto transmission with "selectshift" manual mode,3.0L 240hp engine..No manual option unfortunately.Alot of software issues reported with the transmission but I took a chance and haven't had an issue with the car besides the 4000$ of suspension work it needed last month :( thank god for warranty's :)
Yeah... It's hard to find manuals for fun, small cars....

MMX
My 2008 300C SRT Design. Not quite as badass as a SRT8, but for a daily driver, the 5.7 hemi is plenty
How do you like that car?I had a 2007 with the V6 and hated it.It drove like an army tank and had similar acceleration

How do you like that car?I had a 2007 with the V6 and hated it.It drove like an army tank and had similar acceleration
You feel the weight for sure, but it has plenty of get up and go. For a 5300lb. car, the handling is pretty good. On the highway, I can go from 55 to 100+mph, in the length of an 18 wheeler. :)

MMX
You feel the weight for sure, but it has plenty of get up and go. For a 5300lb. car, the handling is pretty good. On the highway, I can go from 55 to 100+mph, in the length of an 18 wheeler. :)
I just spewed all my tea on my screen... I bet you're like "Now if only my 0-60 time was as fast as that.."

Back