Your Real Life Car in Gran Turismo 6

• Thread starter Punknoodle
  • 173 comments
Siracusa (Dia)_4.jpg
Siracusa (Dia)_4.jpg
319291_134349716661379_6227447_n.jpg

My real car is an '09 EX-L Coupe (albeit with an Si's 2.0L VTEC - the previous owner was a little odd), so this is the closest I could get.
Real Car (back when I first bought it, hence the dumb grin on my face)
1293050_10200704638394384_1655892157_o.jpg

GT6
iMDRxGG.jpg

OvPr3fT.jpg

yDn2LjP.jpg

Happily, my unconventional handbrake drift that I came up with while hooning around on private roads works equally well in GT6 has it does IRL. Yes, that is a stock FWD Civic maintaining a drift (of sorts). Basically, I locked up the rear with the handbrake, counter-steered, and then used the throttle to control my angle. Totally pointless, but very fun.

Last edited:
Here's mine. 2006 Z06 with numerous modifications. It does have the ZR1 front splitter and side skirts now, I've just not been able to get a picture of it with them on.

sparkvette3.jpg

And the one in the game. I tried to get as close as I could on the wheels. I've modified the game version as close to the real thing as possible.

Gemasolar.jpg

Namala.

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_1.jpg

Front.JPG

The Trans Am in the game is a 1978, mine is a 1979. There are a few noticeable differences but the cars are largely the same. My dad and I restored it when I was 16/17. It has the wider 8 inch wheels, and the WS7 suspension package (same as WS6 except it has drum brakes on the rear). Last year for the 6.6 liter engines and hailed by many magazines at the time as the last American muscle car. (Classic period of course)

Previous

Current

Both together on GT6. The SLK isn't quite right, as the later model has Xenon headlights, colour-coded sills and indicators in the mirrors, but it's pretty close. Just a shame I can't drive them with the roof down in the game! :(

I think they have it listed as a 85' but from my knowledge I believe Mazda was still producing the "FB" or "SA22C" in 85', not sure about the JDM market, but I had a 85' RX-7 GSL-SE, and it was the last hurrah for the FB chassis with a bigger engine, 14" wheels, limited slip, and leather interior.

few of mine, not exactly the same as I have a 225 Quattro
001-13.jpg

002-9.jpg

022-1.jpg
You've got your's nicely stanced with the ALMS wheels.

It would be nice if OEM wheels were available for upgrades.
Imho, big concaved TTrs wheels (5 arm rotors) on MK1's are the bomb.

You've got your's nicely stanced with the ALMS wheels.

It would be nice if OEM wheels were available for upgrades.
Imho, big concaved TTrs wheels (5 arm rotors) on MK1's are the bomb.

It does have spacers 15mm front 20mm rear to help with the stance, but makes the wheels sit perfectly in the arch with a touch of lowering on Koni coilovers... I do love the TT RS wheel but ONLY on a Mk2 TT as I don't think they suit the lines of the mk1:boggled: Many of the BBS Wheels look stuuning on the mk1's... Something like this is lovely:sly: v

There's two cars i own in GT6, almost :
- Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDI
- Volkswagen Golf MK1 1.5D

Two are still missing though :
- Mercedes-Benz 220CDI (w203)
- Fiat 133

Bora is nowadays 5 cm (2") lower and has better looking headlights :D
But i couldn't find better picture of it, where it would be lower :)

Last edited:
Have you been on dyno with your golf? :)
Looks like it has "some" power ;)

Have not been to the dyno, but It should be nearly 400hp with this set up. You can't go forced induction with the R32 in the game, but you can get good numbers anyway.

It has an HPA engineered supercharger and intake set up on it. Here are some pics of that install:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32046498@N00/sets/72157631767740005/
There is a video clip from inside the car in this set, not much to see, but it sounds great. Wish the car sounded like that in the game.

I like that VIR picture at Oak Tree. It sad, but a few weeks after that picture was taken a storm took that tree down. Here are some more pics of that track day:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32046498@N00/sets/72157633455958304/

There's two cars i own in GT6, almost :
- Volkswagen Bora 1.9 TDI
- Volkswagen Golf MK1 1.5D

Two are still missing though :
- Mercedes-Benz 220CDI (w203)
- Fiat 133

Bora is nowadays 5 cm (2") lower and has better looking headlights :D/quote]

if you want to get the corect red/ orange you have on the golf ; ge the dino in Rosso Dino ;)
its spot on ;)

Back