Your Real Life Car in Gran Turismo 6

• Thread starter Punknoodle
  • 173 comments
MMX
You feel the weight for sure, but it has plenty of get up and go. For a 5300lb. car, the handling is pretty good. On the highway, I can go from 55 to 100+mph, in the length of an 18 wheeler. :)
Wholey moley that hemi must make a hellova difference then.Mine could barely do 180 in a 8km straight lol..the 22" rims on low profiles probably didnt help a whole lot I don't imagine either lol.And Im thinking you mean an 18 wheeler also doing 55?,because i've driven a 550hp Skyline that didn't accelerate THAT quickly.I mean thats only 60 feet to accelerate from 95kmph to 160kmph lol...your 0-60 would have to be in the low 4.0second range LOL

Last edited:
Woah. I'd never heard of a Golf 4.5 before, so I naturally ran straight to Google. That front end is very un-Golf-like to my eyes.

For anyone else not aware of these, here's a picture:

golfgt03smallyo1.jpg

What does GT mean? Is it the same as a GTi?

This Golf "4.5" actually is sold here in Brazil, it only has the name "GT" as it is a 2.0 (115hp) model with beautiful wheels and sold for much money. OBS: The Mark IV is unsold in europe since 2008.

Yea there basically a rehash of the 500 with a more angled front end and more sportier suspension/looks.Alot quicker too depending on your engine choice but all and all its still basically a rehash of the five-hundred

The Fusion isn't related to the 500 at all. The 500 was a full-size chassis and a replacement for the Taurus when Ford was in its "let's rename every vehicle we sell to something that starts with 'F'" phase. When Mulally came in as CEO one of his first acts was to change the 500's name back to "Taurus" because he felt that the Taurus name had more consumer goodwill associated with it.

The Fusion did share some vaguely similar styling cues with the 500, but the two chassis are completely different. The D3 platform used by the 500/Taurus was originally a Volvo design (called the "P2" when used by Volvo) while the CD3 platform (despite the similar name it's NOT a derivative of the D3 platform) used by the pre-2013 Fusion was a Mazda design and shared with the Mazda 6.

More in keeping with the thread... My current cars aren't in GT6, but here's the coupe version of my very first real life car from way back in the day:

Gemasolar_2.jpg

PD got this a little wrong though, even though it's supposedly an '88, like my old sedan, the wheels they use were only available on the '89 SE-i version (at least, in the US market that was the case). Still, close enough. :)

Last edited:
I would try an replicate my MR2 turbo also, but the limitations of GT6's modifications mean no bodykits, or red-lipped wheel options. Plus being a standard car, the photos would come out crap too.

I tried replicating this photo of mine in GT6 last night. It just looked naff. But I'll upload it later anyway.

Stealth-950px_zps4150b7b7.jpg

The Fusion isn't related to the 500 at all. The 500 was a full-size chassis and a replacement for the Taurus when Ford was in its "let's rename every vehicle we sell to something that starts with 'F'" phase. When Mulally came in as CEO one of his first acts was to change the 500's name back to "Taurus" because he felt that the Taurus name had more consumer goodwill associated with it.

The Fusion did share some vaguely similar styling cues with the 500, but the two chassis are completely different. The D3 platform used by the 500/Taurus was originally a Volvo design (called the "P2" when used by Volvo) while the CD3 platform (despite the similar name it's NOT a derivative of the D3 platform) used by the pre-2013 Fusion was a Mazda design and shared with the Mazda 6.
I should have put "in my opinion" sorry I know its based off the mazda platform I meant it looks and feels like a rehashed 500 to me.Good to know though.

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS (GG) wagon (custom)

11181862045_95a4dbfe82_o.jpg

11411178505_054c220c56_o.jpg

...If I just had $1500 kicking around, that is.

Oh, and my car has more awesome bits...

1384114_10152012163108092_1393804954_n.jpg

JDM mid-spoiler
two-tone paint
RallyArmour mud flaps

1404817_10152080838698092_1913965329_o.jpg

HID projectors

1425243_10152080837723092_1674526465_o.jpg

And a Tsudo N1 T304 stainless steel exhaust system

Edit:

And even a Crazy Leo sticker in the back window.. ;)

2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS (GG) wagon (custom)

11181862045_95a4dbfe82_o.jpg

11411178505_054c220c56_o.jpg

...If I just had $1500 kicking around, that is.

Oh, and my car has more awesome bits...

1384114_10152012163108092_1393804954_n.jpg

JDM mid-spoiler
two-tone paint
RallyArmour mud flaps

1404817_10152080838698092_1913965329_o.jpg

HID projectors

1425243_10152080837723092_1674526465_o.jpg

And a Tsudo N1 T304 stainless steel exhaust system

Edit:

And even a Crazy Leo sticker in the back window.. ;)
I never understood the point of having spoilers that low...

I never understood the point of having spoilers that low...

Neither do I... Except that it looks - in my opinion - very cool and unique.

In Canada, you do NOT see JDM midspoilers on wagons, ever. Mine's like the only one I've ever seen with it.

And, to be honest, I woke up Christmas morning and found it there last year. :P :lol:

Appearance and possibly less drag.

It creates a massive low pressure zone behind/below it. When I drive on snow, the rooster tail that I kick up behind me is about 15 feet tall. It's stupid how much snow I pick up... And it all sits on my hatch, meaning that I've got about 3 inches of snow on the hatch at any given time. 3... Freaking... Inches :lol:

I like the 2-tone paint job, a bit like on the Subaru Outback.
We get a LOT of those wagons here in NZ, so you see ever variation possible... however they're usually really badly lowered 1600s :crazy:
Good to see one like yours with useful ground clearance.

I like the 2-tone paint job, a bit like on the Subaru Outback.
We get a LOT of those wagons here in NZ, so you see ever variation possible... however they're usually really badly lowered 1600s :crazy:
Good to see one like yours with useful ground clearance.

:lol: Because Canada? :sly:

I'm going to have coilovers during the summer soon, but I'll still have enough ground clearance for your run-of-the-mill bumps.

Also, the 2-tone paint job is something I wish I could recreate in GT6. :( There's a really interesting story that goes along with it, too. I bought the car at an auction. The car was from Hull, Québec, and I didn't know what the second colour was. So, on the way up north to Rally of the Tall Pines, we came up behind a Legacy Outback - yes, it's a lot like the Legacy Outback - and we noticed that it had the same colour scheme. In fact, the French people who owned the car before me painted the bottom a Legacy Outback colour, but didn't do the Legacy/Impreza Outback styling with the coloured wheel-arches. So, this Impreza of mine, is unlike any other Impreza ever made - ever - because it was repainted by French people. :P

Not even GT6 can handle the awesomeness of my car. :sly:

Neither do I... Except that it looks - in my opinion - very cool and unique.

In Canada, you do NOT see JDM midspoilers on wagons, ever. Mine's like the only one I've ever seen with it.

And, to be honest, I woke up Christmas morning and found it there last year. :P :lol:

It creates a massive low pressure zone behind/below it. When I drive on snow, the rooster tail that I kick up behind me is about 15 feet tall. It's stupid how much snow I pick up... And it all sits on my hatch, meaning that I've got about 3 inches of snow on the hatch at any given time. 3... Freaking... Inches :lol:
Well I guess I'll be putting a spoiler on the bumper of my Taurus and maybe a floor diffuser to get something like that discripted and this...
image.jpg

:lol: That is what you get from that? Really?!

SolbergSubaruWRC.jpg

I was referring more to that... Snow specific...

Edit: it's probably a mixture of that skidding and the low-pressure zone in this picture, but my car probably has the drag coefficient of a transport truck... And we all know what happens when a transport truck goes 110 km/h. :lol:

Last edited:
Back