Your Traction Control Settings?

• Thread starter DiZ_BiG_O
  • 33 comments
I suck at this game, it feels like I'm just sliding across on ice...
This might have to do with my TCS aswell, but what's the recommended value around here?
Any tips on that?

Thanks!

It's only possible to change it with the tuned car. With the stock car it's fixed on 7, but if you check the leaderboards it says 0, strange.

Yes, stock car is tc = 0..
You notice that pretty well.
If it had been 7 on a stock car like the 370z, you would almost never spin

It's only possible to change it with the tuned car. With the stock car it's fixed on 7, but if you check the leaderboards it says 0, strange.
Thank you.

If it had been 7 on a stock car like the 370z, you would almost never spin
So why is my speed being completely killed in a power-slide? That's not supposed to happen.

you haven't learned to control the throttle then,tcs exists so that you dont send too much power to the wheels by accident,if you take it off and learn the car's limits your times will improve due to the fact that tcs usually restrics more power than neccesary.

you haven't learned to control the throttle then,tcs exists so that you dont send too much power to the wheels by accident,if you take it off and learn the car's limits your times will improve due to the fact that tcs usually restrics more power than neccesary.
Hmmm...I'm using a DualShock3 and don't have this problem in other racing games. It seems that I can tether the throttle in GT5P but not in this Time Trial.

DAMN!

Strange thing is TCS is set to 7 on the standard car but it doesn't function (which is good), it doesn't reduce power output to the wheels at all.

Really want to test it? Drive on the yellow painted stripes section and see how well it works.... :P

Jay
Strange thing is TCS is set to 7 on the standard car but it doesn't function (which is good), it doesn't reduce power output to the wheels at all.

Really want to test it? Drive on the yellow painted stripes section and see how well it works.... :P

It seems Dualshock 3 users are stuck with using TC 7 on the Stock 370Z.. myself and a few others complained to each other about this, but in one day I should have my G27 so I'll be well off soon, and maybe can rank up past 41st once that happens.

Ithe TC 7 is holding me back in my times though, and if this problem stays.. quite a few DS3 users will be getting fustrated.

Off-topic: Oh by the way hi, first post.. been browsing these forums for months, decided its time to join up.. would also like to say, most mature forum I've come across yet, its refreshing.

I suck at this game, it feels like I'm just sliding across on ice...
This might have to do with my TCS aswell, but what's the recommended value around here?
Any tips on that?

Thanks!

I'd recommend reducing it 2 value at a time, runs a few laps then reducing it again till it's 0. It will take a little practice but it's worth it.

From what I've been hearing from GTP_JvM, Theewar and Mad94d they reckon it's a bit of a bug that reads TC=7 for the stock 370Z but actually the car drives as if it is on zero or very low TC, they don't really feel as if it is at 7.

I really hope that is genuinely the case.

All the best
Maz

I think it is locked, it only says 7 because thats what non wheel users are lock to, which wheel users it is disabled. Like carcoll13 mentioned.

I did noticed during media videos TCS was on but looking now while playing there is no way for me to turn it on if I wanted to with a wheel (I dont want to anyway).

I've just tried the tuned version and I'd say the stock 370Z definately has TC on. It's a big difference...as in the tuned version steps out in a way I expect without loosing too much momentum whereas the stock version reins in the power.

Certainly doesnt using a wheel, the stocker snakeys all day long. You can see if it is interfering by looking at the throttle bar (dont confuse the red brake bar), it will go partly red (commanded throttle) and the blue is actual throttle.

Jay
Certainly doesnt using a wheel, the stocker snakeys all day long. You can see if it is interfering by looking at the throttle bar (dont confuse the red brake bar), it will go partly red (commanded throttle) and the blue is actual throttle.
I'm not surprised. With a DualShock3...using the digital D-Pad...the Traction Control seems to kick-in because I'm using too much lock which is when it goes red. With a steering wheel everything is much smoother, I guess.

Why my stock car (Normal) TC setting on the online ranking said "7", but other said "0"? is there a way to set it? Thanks!

whats the story with this TC- I'm playing on G25 and when I start was set to 0 and now when I try to play again is fixed to 7 , anyone knows what to do, I try disconnect wheel and no joy...

Do you think its a bug/glitch or do you think that its because the stock car would be far to hard to drive on TCS 0 using a controller? (or do folks reckon they could drive it ok on 0 and DS3?)

There's no excuse. I really don't understand why they would exclude controller users from changing the option. Unless they have some sneaky plan brewing.....

Do you think its a bug/glitch or do you think that its because the stock car would be far to hard to drive on TCS 0 using a controller? (or do folks reckon they could drive it ok on 0 and DS3?)

When you become accustomed to driving without TCS, if you go back to using it it just gets in your way.

We have a point where we can't use full throttle because TCS kicks in too late, and we can't modulate/gradually increase the throttle because the TCS increases as our throttle input increases, up to a point where the TCS just cuts and then our wheels spin.

Its so damn annoying.

I drive fine with the Tuned Z, but was having similar problems when the TCS was on (for some reason my settings reset everytime i re-enter the game, so i did a few laps with automatic transmission and TCS this morning). I couldn't break 1'40 with the TCS on, but i was lapping high 1'38s consistently without it.

I switched my TCS setting to 1 on the tuned car and can now (almost) consistently hit low 1:39's where before I was TCS 0 and was low 1:40's. I think my right foot is a little heavy to get as low as the leaders

Perhaps they have limited DS3 users to TC7 so that they don't win as people using a wheel will be better at transferring their racing skills to real life. I know it sucks but i fear it might be the case :(

I heard the TCS for wheel users is locked on 0. Not sure if this is confirmed, but it seems both parties have their TCS locked.

I heard the TCS for wheel users is locked on 0. Not sure if this is confirmed, but it seems both parties have their TCS locked.

I USE A G25 AND THE TCS ON THE STOCK CAR IS LOCKED ON 7.... 👎

From what I've been hearing from GTP_JvM, Theewar and Mad94d they reckon it's a bit of a bug that reads TC=7 for the stock 370Z but actually the car drives as if it is on zero or very low TC, they don't really feel as if it is at 7.

I really hope that is genuinely the case.

All the best
Maz

IF THATS THE CASE THEN THIS BUG SHOULD BE FIXED A.S.A.P. TO AVOID ANY DOUBT ON THOSE TOP DRIVERS.....

FROM MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE STOCK CAR, I MIMIC ALMOST 100% ALL THE MOVES (CARRY SPEED ENTERING THE CORNERS, BRAKING POINT, THROTTLE RESPONCE, CORNER ENTRANCE..ETC) AND STILL MY CAR DOESN'T BEHAVE LIKE THE TOP ONES..

IN CONCLUTION, IF ANY CAR IS ABLE TO TURN OFF THE TCS ON THE STOCK CAR, THEN ALL THE OTHER CARS SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THE SAME.. THAT'S WHAT ITS CALL FAIRNESS.

I USE A G25 AND THE TCS ON THE STOCK CAR IS LOCKED ON 7.... 👎

IF THATS THE CASE THEN THIS BUG SHOULD BE FIXED A.S.A.P. TO AVOID ANY DOUBT ON THOSE TOP DRIVERS.....

FROM MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE STOCK CAR, I MIMIC ALMOST 100% ALL THE MOVES (CARRY SPEED ENTERING THE CORNERS, BRAKING POINT, THROTTLE RESPONCE, CORNER ENTRANCE..ETC) AND STILL MY CAR DOESN'T BEHAVE LIKE THE TOP ONES..

IN CONCLUTION, IF ANY CAR IS ABLE TO TURN OFF THE TCS ON THE STOCK CAR, THEN ALL THE OTHER CARS SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THE SAME.. THAT'S WHAT ITS CALL FAIRNESS.

Posting all in Capitals is not accepted here at GT Planet.

While we understand that many forums do allow it, we operate to different standards, standards that are explained in the AUP, which you agreed to follow.

Can you please ensure that in future you post using capitals correctly.

Regards

Scaff

Gentlement, the TC is off on both vehicles. TC keeps tires from spinning or at least the ability to control the spinning of the tires better. It does not however keep the vehicle from sliding in the turns, that comes from mechanical grip which the normal car is not going to have with N3 tires. Going by what PD has done in GT5P when the TC starts cutting the throttle you can see it backing off on the screen (depending on what view you use) and the only time you have that on this DEMO is when you are in the grass (I've been there a lot so I know :lol:) of course it could just be mine but I doubt it. I don't know if that is a glitch or if they meant it to be that way. If these cars had S3 (normal) and R3 (tuned) tires we would not be talking so much about TC and uncontrollable cars but we would also be seeing some blistering times. One of the main reasons F1 went to a single tire supplier as well as many other racing series use is to control the amount of grip the tires have. This in turn slows the cars and cuts the cost.

Gentlement, the TC is off on both vehicles. TC keeps tires from spinning or at least the ability to control the spinning of the tires better. It does not however keep the vehicle from sliding in the turns, that comes from mechanical grip which the normal car is not going to have with N3 tires. Going by what PD has done in GT5P when the TC starts cutting the throttle you can see it backing off on the screen (depending on what view you use) and the only time you have that on this DEMO is when you are in the grass (I've been there a lot so I know :lol:) of course it could just be mine but I doubt it. I don't know if that is a glitch or if they meant it to be that way. If these cars had S3 (normal) and R3 (tuned) tires we would not be talking so much about TC and uncontrollable cars but we would also be seeing some blistering times. One of the main reasons F1 went to a single tire supplier as well as many other racing series use is to control the amount of grip the tires have. This in turn slows the cars and cuts the cost.

?

As a DS3 user I can't comment on what the settings are for wheel users but for me this is the case:

Normal car: TC stuck at 7 in the settings and can see TC being active on track when pulling away in 1st gear, sometimes into 2nd and when trying to stay on the edge of grip duing some corners although to be honest, most of the time it doesn't really do all that much.

Tuned car: TC adjustable between 0->10 and most definitely makes a difference when adjusted over that range. my best time so far has been set with TC=1, just into the 1'37s

Back