YSSMAN's Infinite Crisis: Blackest Night (Post #816)

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 828 comments
  • 52,189 views
-> The Fusion? Ugh! :yuck:

-> I've driven the Fusion, and its depressing. I had more fun driving a 3-door Accent than that, plus I don't like sedans too much.

-> Compared to the Fusion, I'd stick back to the EP if I were you. And you're car choices are getting more and more expensive YSS! :scared:
 
Wow...You just have the worst of luck, Brad...

Keep looking, I'm sure you'll find SOMETHING. The good thing is that stick Fusion will turn off buyers who typically buy such a car.
 
YSSMAN.. might I suggest if you can find a nice Ford Escort ZX2? :sly:
 
Thats what I'm thinking. Its already been on the lot well over a month, so I'm sure they're looking to get rid of it. I may wait for him to call me back, see if he offers a lowered price or not. He said it had been listed at $12,995 before. So, who knows...

YSSMAN.. might I suggest if you can find a nice Ford Escort ZX2? :sly:

They don't exist around here with a stick, sadly.
 
Here are some other food for thought cars.

An 03 Jetta GLS that looks pretty well loaded with options and has pretty low miles.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ransmission=Manual&max_price=10000&cardist=24

04 Saturn Ion Redline, other then have torque steer they are pretty quick vehicles. A buddy of mine has one and he claims the insurance isn't bad.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ransmission=Manual&max_price=10000&cardist=18

One of those Civics you were looking at with a mad tyte JDM engine in it :lol:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...sion=Manual&doors=&max_price=10000&cardist=25
 
:yuck: I wouldn't be caught dead in a fusion. I say keep looking, as 10k could get you a nice NB Miata 👍
 
pardon? I didn't even know they MADE anything bigger than a Hyundai with a stick in this day and age.
 
:yuck: I wouldn't be caught dead in a fusion. I say keep looking, as 10k could get you a nice NB Miata 👍

+1

Stick makes it kind of interesting though. That said... good luck re-selling it!
 
Man, cars are so cheap in the US. A 2006 Ford Fusion costs over 35 K over here.
 
An 03 Jetta GLS that looks pretty well loaded with options and has pretty low miles.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ransmission=Manual&max_price=10000&cardist=24

I've been to that dealer several times, and although he has a lot of great deals on used VWs and Audis, I don't trust him for some reason. To be honest, he looks like Niko from GTA4 (and this was before GTA4 came out), and something just doesn't feel right when I'm there. Dunno why, usually its the little VW shops like this that are the best place to get them. Its really a damn-shame that Tim closed his shop, he'd cut me a deal immediately.

The turnover on some of the lots has been pretty good lately, I've gotta be patient. Fox, the dealer network owned by Amway, that had the green Civic I liked (the Fusion as well) seem to be pretty good at getting stripper cars occasionally. Good, because I get a discount there too (thanks Dad!). The Audi/Porsche/Subaru dealer that had the Civic gets cars like that "all the time," so I've just got to make sure I check their website every couple of days.

...Although if I had the money, I'm thinking I'd have gone for the Fusion...
 
^ I know you can do better than that YSS, don't stoop yourself into a Fusion even if its a M/T. What happend to the EP?
 
I think that one slipped out from under him.
 
I'm not sure what you mean by 1.5k over what you want to pay. Do you mean 1.5 over the price of the Civic, or 1.5 over 9 grand?
 
I'm not sure what you mean by 1.5k over what you want to pay. Do you mean 1.5 over the price of the Civic, or 1.5 over 9 grand?

1,500 over 10,000.
 
I'd very closely consider doing the Fusion if they sold it to me for $10,000. But for $11,500 (which is roughly $100 over trade), its too much for what I want to do.

As for the EP, there are only two available in the area. The first (and nearest) is an '05 for $14,000 which has been on that lot for a while. The second is an '02, about 50 miles away, for $9000. I like the idea, but I'm not to keen on driving out to see a car that far away that I probably won't end up getting.

There is another EK for sale near my house, I noticed it on the side of the road today. It looks like its the last of that generation, a darker red, stickered for $8000. I don't know if its a manual or not, so I'll have to check it out tomorrow.

I've also got a lead on an '02 Nissan Maxima SE with a stick. That one is stickered for $9000, and has just a bit over 100K on the clock. I may check that one out tomorrow as well.
 
I've also got a lead on an '02 Nissan Maxima SE with a stick. That one is stickered for $9000, and has just a bit over 100K on the clock. I may check that one out tomorrow as well.

High mileage for an 02 but those are great cars... '02 was the first year of the 6-speed (not to mention the 3.5 vs the underpowered 3-liter)
 
Were SE's the ones with the LSD?

For some reason I remember hearing something about the Maxima having an LSD on certain models of that body style. Could be wrong.

Why not save the old car hassle and get a Kia Rio5. Or a Hyundai Accent. In all seriousness.

Saves on gas although both are rediculously slow but I think it might be in your price range AND have a warranty attached.
 
I've thought about it, but I really don't want to commit to a loan more than three years if I don't have to. I go back and forth, especially with that Fusion, because that still has three years of warranty left. So, yeah... I dunno.

I gotta poke around a bit over the weekend and see whats up locally. Some of my friends down in Kalamazoo are looking near their houses as well.
 
Something odd is happening...

Remember that second Honda Civic that I said had sold back on Tuesday/Wednesday?
1HGEJ8147WL126125_3.JPG


Well, I just stumbled upon something odd...

1) Its still listed on the dealer's website

I know Fox usually updates their website everyday, on some occasions, twice a day. Really quite strange that it would still be there.

2) The same car is listed on Craigslist

It looks like they took the car, drove it over to the Wal*Mart parking lot and took pictures. Granted, the ad was placed about 10 days ago, but still very strange that its still up on there too if it sold.

3) Its still on Auto Trader too...

=====

Its all very suspicious to me, especially when I had to walk into the dealership to get service after looking at the car for five minutes. And immediately after asking about the car, he dove off into another office to talk to another salesman and then proceeded to attempt to sell me an Audi A6 for twice as much.

No, the car isn't in perfect cosmetic shape, but it isn't bad for a vehicle of that vintage either. I'm calling them tomorrow to get the skinny on the car, and if they still have it, I'm going to be very disappointed. I normally expect this from the Ford and Honda dealer, not the Porsche/Audi/Subaru one. They're from the old-school network and usually are the cool guys, like the Nissan/Mazda folks that I like talking to.

Its very distressing, but if its still there, I may go for it.

====================

Also, I found a 2002 Civic Si for $8000 obo

Problem is, shes got 101K on the clock. Its a Honda, barely broken in (essentially), but unless the 90K service is done, I wouldn't pay much over $7300.
 
I'd say go check it out. Eight-thousand for a 2002? That's what I paid for mine! The only reason I can see that the owner is selling so low is that he's not confident about the mileage or he's just an idiot and has no idea what he's selling. A 2002 for 8 grand is a great deal I think.

Go check it.
 
I'd check out the 02 Si over the 98 EX, even though the dealer somehow thinks the 98 EX has a 5 speed auto trans on the Craigslist page.

The Si has less miles and is newer, also hatchbacks are much nicer to put crap in then coupes are.
 
Yeah, I'll have to give it a look. It looks like it could squeeze in just over my $300 per month goal (thats payment + insurance), which I can deal with. I've just got to take care of some other bills first.
 
I would certainly consider the Si over the EX, no matter how much I hate them. It's far more car, more engine, more transmission, more everything. The only thing it lacks is approximately 1 front double wishbone suspension design, but that won't bother you any.
 
I'd say go check it out. Eight-thousand for a 2002? That's what I paid for mine! The only reason I can see that the owner is selling so low is that he's not confident about the mileage or he's just an idiot and has no idea what he's selling. A 2002 for 8 grand is a great deal I think.

Go check it.

+1

Easy call here.
 
YSS-> First you try to ignore the EP, now you going back for it. Good decision nonetheless. Just a have a closer look on it, that is by far the best car on your roster dude. ;)
 
Found some more worth a look:

01 Jetta GLS, manual as well with about 75k on it.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...oors=&transmission=&max_price=9000&cardist=23

You can be awesome like Doug with this 01 A4
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...transmission=Manual&max_price=9000&cardist=24

A newly listed Mazda 6, which looks awesome. Even comes with a one year warranty.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ission=Manual&doors=&max_price=9000&cardist=4

I'd really suggest check out that Mazda 6, they are very nice vehicles.
 
CVT's in general are awful things, automakers haven't figure out how to make them yet.
 
I've seen the 6 quite a few times but I'm a bit weary about dealers on South Division. They're occasionally a bit predatory and often the cars have some serious issues despite being otherwise "cleaned up." Sure, there are some good deals, but I'd have to go give it a hard look. Easy to do, since its about four miles from my home.

Just a note on MKIV VWs:

Anything before 2003 is "at your own risk" I've found, so I'm dancing quietly around them. My insurance lady is a big fan of them and she wants me to get another one (she has a Passat GLS right now), so I'm still looking. We'll see.

===

On the Civic Si:
EDIT: Looks like it was pulled from the site, sold it. Oh well... Still a lot of other options out there.
 
Back