YuGiOh! TCG Trading/Collectors thread

• Thread starter Guardian
  • 356 comments
I like a good, slow, strategic and kinda lucky Yu-gi-Oh! game. I have the game for my cellphone and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Can anyone help me out with this ruling:

My friend had the Clear Wing Synchro Dragon out who can negate effects and destroy the card activating it. However, I used Exploder Dragon's effect which only happens when it is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. So Clear Wing's effect can't resolve since Exploder Dragon is already destroyed.

So does Clear Wing still negate the effect?

Can anyone help me out with this ruling:

My friend had the Clear Wing Synchro Dragon out who can negate effects and destroy the card activating it. However, I used Exploder Dragon's effect which only happens when it is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. So Clear Wing's effect can't resolve since Exploder Dragon is already destroyed.

So does Clear Wing still negate the effect?
So let's see the process:

1. Clear Wing attacks Exploder Dragon
2. Exploder Dragon is sent to the Graveyard
3. Exploder Dragon's effect activates
4. Clear Wing's effect negates Exploder Dragon

I think Clear Wing's dragon should continue to work since having Exploder Dragon on the field is not a condition for Clear Wing's effect to activate.

Turns out the Card Shop in my local area is hosting the Yugioh Regionals in Saturday.

I only started playing so I doubt I'll participate as I don't think I'm even skilled enough to gain experience, might go to watch if I am available.

For those who haven't watch Yugioh ARC-V, there are a group of 4 Monsters per special summoning method (Pendulum, Xyz, Synchro & Fusion revealed in that order), when they are revealed they get released in OCG and then TCG.

While Pendulum and Xyz were introduced right off the bat, Synchro took awhile to be purely revealed a single minor tease.

However, FOR OVER 1 YEAR!!! They gave teasers to the Fusion Dragon, I don't think even the Egyptian Gods were hyped up that much
:
  • Episode 37: Yuya's Fusion Dimension counterpart is revealed right after the 3rd Dragon, Clear Wing Synchro Dragon was purely revealed:
latest

• Episode 47: Like with the other dragons the Silhouette of the Dragon was revealed:
latest

• Episode 76: Yuri is sent to Synchro to fulfill a Mission, giving hope for more of the Dragon
  • Episode 86: Yuri runs off a looks at his card though it is whited out with the exception of its name being revealed as "Starve Venom Fusion Dragon"
latest

• Episode 91: Yuri finally performs a Fusion Summon to Fusion summon the monster which looks nothing like its silhouette despite showing that it's stats are higher than the other 3 Dragons, Yuri vanished so we had no idea what the monster does.
latest

..and that leads us up to here, despite not knowing what it actually does in the Anime, we actually now have details on what it will do and when it'll be in OCG (after Episode 105 of ARC-V): http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Starve_Venom_Fusion_Dragon.

Translation:
2 non-Token DARK monsters on the field
If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can make this card gain ATK equal to the ATK of 1 face-up Special Summoned monster your opponent controls, until the end of this turn. Once per turn: You can target 1 Level 5 or higher monster your opponent controls; until the end of this turn, this card's name becomes that monster's, and replace this effect with that monster's original effects. If this Fusion Summoned card is destroyed: You can destroy all Special Summoned monsters your opponent controls.

Not really all that powerful in today's Yugioh but I can see this card as a giant 🤬 you to those ridiculous 4500 ATK point monsters.

Have you ever got annoyed when somebody used Dark Hole or MST, well this card totally punishes people who uses them coming out in July in the Movie Pack:

Translated:
When a card(s) you control is destroyed by a Spell effect: Target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy it. When a card(s) you control is destroyed by a Spell effect, except the turn this card was sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy it.

There is a lot of new Staples that benefit for all decks including this one which is my favourite:

Translated:
When an opponent's monster declares a direct attack: Negate the attack, and if you do, draw 1 card. Immediately after this effect resolves, you can Normal Summon it in Attack Position if it is a monster.

Normal Summoning on your opponents turn :confused:

So let's see the process:

1. Clear Wing attacks Exploder Dragon
2. Exploder Dragon is sent to the Graveyard
3. Exploder Dragon's effect activates
4. Clear Wing's effect negates Exploder Dragon

I think Clear Wing's dragon should continue to work since having Exploder Dragon on the field is not a condition for Clear Wing's effect to activate.
Nevermind, turns out it wouldn't since Clear Wing could only negate Target effects from cards. Exploder Dragons effect isn't considered a target.

Last edited:
Rant

So I discovered the world of Pendulum-Tuners.

I thought it would be a cool thing, infinite Synchro Summoning BUT seeing the restrictions on this Pendulum-Tuner is a massive let down, it might as well not have been a Pendulum in the first place:

Something with that much restrictions you would think would be perfect to Synchro Summon an amazing Odd-Eyes Synchro Monster that needs this tuner and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon BUT NO!!!

Any deck that uses Synchro Summoning can get the Monster out with ease. Especially Pendulum Decks. I can get this card out in my Dinomist Deck with Al Lumi Raj and a Level 5 Dinomist which is a far better tuner that can even handle itself.

You might be thinking "using Nobledragon is the best way to get Meteorburst in an Odd-Eyes deck" completely wrong especially when an Xyz Monster does that job better where you don't even need to Synchro Summon.

What a wasted potential, a Pendulum Tuner could've been fantastic but you can't use its Pendulum benefits.

/rant

@1241Penguin & @MoLiEG

If you want the good old decks to be prime again as well as Rituals/Fusions to be better than Synchro/Xyz/Pendulum, I suggest having a look at the Movie Pack that has recently been released.

Has cards like this :D:

Funny thing though, is that Pendulum decks can actually use this card through this Ritual Card:

Slifer the Sky Dragon is also in this pack with a new artwork :D:

@RESHIRAM5

I've been really curious to see what's in the movie pack after I saw a new Silent Magician card and a few others which grabbed my attention immediately. At the same time, I've been holding back from going over the list in case of any spoilers. :P

While you can't search for it and you have to believe in the heart of the cards with this deck. Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon is really powerful in a Pendulum Deck when you use Odd-Eyes Advent. Unlike it's associated Ritual Card "Chaos Form", you can keep using Odd-Eyes Advent to Ritual Summon Chaos MAX from the Graveyard. :lol:

Speaking of things that sound really broken, the ban list is being updated next month, the game is so broken that I'm so excited to see what cards are getting banned and limited :D.

@1241Penguin & @MoLiEG

If you want the good old decks to be prime again as well as Rituals/Fusions to be better than Synchro/Xyz/Pendulum, I suggest having a look at the Movie Pack that has recently been released.

Has cards like this :D:

Funny thing though, is that Pendulum decks can actually use this card through this Ritual Card:

Slifer the Sky Dragon is also in this pack with a new artwork :D:

Slifer's new art looks amazing :drool:

And that Ritual Dragon looks Brutal :drool:

I think I'm going to buy a few of those.

Slifer's new art looks amazing :drool:

And that Ritual Dragon looks Brutal :drool:

I think I'm going to buy a few of those.
I think game-play wise, it was done to stop Pendulum Walling (continuously Pendulum Summoning 5 Pendulum Monsters in defense mode to prevent any damage), a lot of cards coming out in later pack do this too.

I bought the new movie pack, and got Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon and Slifer the Sky Dragon in the same pack. I bought a second and got the new Dark Magician. This was a good investment.

I've been meaning to get 3 Dig of Destiny's from the pack, something I desperatley need for my deck.

So The Dark Illusion was just released in the Oceania Region and comes out in other regions soon.

It comes with an archetype which used to be Korean exclusives called here Paleozoics though Konami 🤬 up the translation and wrote their Special Summon effects as mandatory effects, this is getting errata'd straight away. Even Google gets it right.

Also in the pack is Dark Magician Support , featuring a bunch of Monsters, Spells and Traps that support the good old Dark Magician including this card (doing spoilers just in case @1241Penguin doesn't want to get spoiled):

and as well as this lovely Toon (@MoLiEG)

If you're lucky like I was you could get the first Synchro-Pendulum Monster

Moar toons! Yei! :D

Need to save a few pesos to get mine, as well as the Toon Barrel Dragon and the Toon Red Eyes :D

At the moment, I'm working on 5 decks with packs from Hi-Speed Riders - The Dark Illusion.

What I have:

Dragons (just Dragons, no human-like monsters allowed)

Performapal/Magician/Dragon (I call it PMD, this deck uses all the summoning methods including Ritual Summoning)

Grayspecter (Mix of Graydles and Majespecters, my most trickiest deck with Graydles taking control of my opponents monsters and Majespecters getting me Spells/Traps)

Dinophage (Mix of Dinomist and Amorphage, contains the triple lockdown Amorphages have and the aggressive playstyle of Dinomist)

Dinozoic (Mix of Dinomist and the Trap only archetype Paleozoic, aggressive playstyle of Dinomist with
Paleozoic Traps for support, also uses a couple for Tuners for Synchro Summons)

Just read the news on the Top 8 for the World Championship.

This doesn't shape the entire TCG or OCG as the World Championship merges the 2 rules.

However, only 3 decks have made it into the World Championship used by the 8 players. 4 players are from Japan, 3 players are from United States and 1 is from Australia :D.

Blue Eyes White Dragon - Honestly not surprised, the great amount of support they got in Shining Victories and the Movie packs makes it hard to deny that it'll be here. A lot of cards in the deck are brutal.

Majespecters - The only Pendulum Deck. Thanks to OCG rulings, Performapal, Magician, Odd-Eyes decks that dominate the TCG scene are pretty much nerfed heavily in worlds. Majespecters is the next best thing for Pendulum users and they aren't that bad, constant searches for Spells and Trap that can not only boost their average 1200 ATK but hinder the opponent a lot, their boss monster, Majespecter Kirin is relatively broken.

Monarchs - No comment really should be given if you payed attention to how they are strong, while OCG hinders their usual dominance in TCG with several limits, they can still pretty much make any Extra Deck pointless. This is the deck that Majespecters should watch out for or at least pray to get Kirin ASAP so it can be tribute summoned.

I wished The Dark Illusion and the movie pack would make the Dark Magician deck strong enough for us to have Blue Eyes vs Dark Magician Worlds but sadly this isn't the case.

Oh hey, a Yugioh thread!
I'm running a Dark Worlds (I know. Bite me.) deck right now and it needs a little work. I'm mostly having problems with consistency and speed, and my side deck is...somewhat OKish. I wish they didn't nerf it so hard. :grumpy: I'll put up the deck composition when I get back from my trip (and find my deck...).

I've yet to actually run a side deck in any of my decks.

My Dinophages are relatively strong at the moment, does have consistency issues, but it does pull off a lot of nasty tricks. Echo Oscillation mixed with Dinomist Charge and Amorphage Lysis is pretty much a +3 (destroy a Dinomist in the scale to draw a card, Dinomist Charge adds that card to your hand, Amorphage Lysis allows you to place an Amorphage in the Pendulum Scale). Amorphage Lysis, Amorphage Infection and Dinomist Plesios, I try to get in often due to how they alter ATK and stacking them can really cripple your opponent.

No wonder a guy at the card shop called my deck, Floodgate: The Deck :lol:

Ban list is finally updated: http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

I was worried about my Grayspecters being hit but they actually got out ok with only Majespecter Kirin being hit.

However my PMD deck is pretty much screwed.

Kozmo actually got buffed instead of nerfed even though Dark Destroyer was limited.

Last edited:
Back