YuGiOh! TCG Trading/Collectors thread

• Thread starter Guardian
  • 356 comments
I am a little down that the Mega Tins aren't Clear Wing Synchro Dragon and Strave Venom Fusion Dragon since last year had the other 2 dimensional dragons.

So the OCG now has released Destiny Soldiers which is set to be released here.

It's focuses on a brand new archetype, Abyss Actors, GX favourite Destiny Heroes and Darklords.

Also got 2 of the Yugi Motou tins, amazing cards I got in it with amazing luck. Got 3 Twin Twisters, Odd-Eyes Fusion, Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, Scarrlight Red Dragon Archfiend, 2 Clear Wing Synchro Dragons and through trades of my rare cards that I didn't want I got the Ghost Rare Star Eater and Odd-Eyes Vortex Dragon to go with the Fusion.

So you know how the old school Yugioh cards have been receiving these amazing buffs which even made Blue-Eyes meta again...

well Konami might want to take it back again with this card releasing in the TCG in 2017...

Brave Eyes Pendulum Dragon

1 "Pendulum Dragon" monster + 1 Warrior-Type monster
When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can make the ATK of all monsters your opponent currently controls become 0, also other monsters you control cannot attack for the rest of this turn. Negate the activated effects of all monsters with 0 ATK. At the end of the Damage Step, when this card attacks an opponent's monster, but the opponent's monster was not destroyed by the battle: You can banish that opponent's monster.

So you know how the old school Yugioh cards have been receiving these amazing buffs which even made Blue-Eyes meta again...

well Konami might want to take it back again with this card releasing in the TCG in 2017...

Brave Eyes Pendulum Dragon

1 "Pendulum Dragon" monster + 1 Warrior-Type monster
When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can make the ATK of all monsters your opponent currently controls become 0, also other monsters you control cannot attack for the rest of this turn. Negate the activated effects of all monsters with 0 ATK. At the end of the Damage Step, when this card attacks an opponent's monster, but the opponent's monster was not destroyed by the battle: You can banish that opponent's monster.
Jesus...That's basically a big middle finger to the opponent.

My question is, how are they going to balance that?

Continous Effects remain so you can use those in preparation (as long as it isn't cannot be destroyed as it'll just get banished) I don't get the whole "Pendulum Dragon" requirement though since the only non Fusion "Pendulum Dragon" is Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, might as well just list Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon.

Unless there's going to be a "Pendulum Dragon Fusion" that works exactly like Odd-Eyes Fusion but works for Pendulum Dragons instead of Odd-Eyes.

By the way have you guys came across a pure Amorphage deck, I only run a few in my Dinomist-Amorphage hybrid but these mutated Dragons are Anti-Meta in every aspect possible, the only reason why it isn't meta is because it is too slow but still, a lack of preparation is deadly, (all their monster effects involve locking down the Extra Deck):

From Yugioh Wikia:
The Pendulum Effects of the "Amorphage" monsters are a fast toolbox strategy to lockdown the opposing player's options:

• Level 2
    • "Gluttony": prevents monster effects from being activated, except "Amorphage" monsters.
    • "Lechery": prevents Spell cards and effects from being activated, except "Amorphage" Cards and effects.
Their Levels are below the lowest Scale so they cannot be Pendulum Summoned; once tributed or destroyed, they will stay on the Extra Deck meaninglessly, therefore they are more useful as Pendulum Scales.

• Level 4
    • "Envy": prevents effects in a Chain.
    • "Wrath: forbids both players from Tributing monsters, except "Amorphage" monsters.
    • "Pride": neutralizes effect damage to both players.
    • "Greed": prevents Trap Cards and effects from being activated, except "Amorphage" Trap Cards.
They are useful in the Pendulum Zones but also are important in building the monster frontline due to their fair ATK/DEF stats and the possibility of being Pendulum Summoned from the Extra Deck once they are tributed to keep the Scales active.

• Levels 6 and 8
    • "Sloth": prevents both players from adding cards from the Deck to the hand, except by drawing them.
    • "Goliath": banishes every non-"Amorphage" card that would be sent to the Graveyard.
They are beyond the highest Scale this archetype can offer, so they cannot be Pendulum Summoned and mainly serve as Pendulum Scales. They can be Tribute Summoned, though, and this can trigger "Amorphous Persona" and/or "Amorphage Infection" to provide more card advantage.

Last edited:
Lightsworns is the deck I hate the most :lol:, I just really hate Judgement Dragon.

Though that was back during my early days of just playing a sim on Duelling Network, I think I probably just wasn't good enough to handle it back then, maybe now will be different.

Lightsworns is the deck I hate the most :lol:, I just really hate Judgement Dragon.

Though that was back during my early days of just playing a sim on Duelling Network, I think I probably just wasn't good enough to handle it back then, maybe now will be different.
JD is a powerful beast and I've managed to loop it once or twice with Monster Reincarnation (i think)

JD is a powerful beast and I've managed to loop it once or twice with Monster Reincarnation (i think)
I remember someone on DN did that to me after I got over it for the first time. I was so shattered :lol:

The only looping thing I can do now is Synchro Summoning Metaphys Horus twice using Nirvana High Paladin and Deskbot 001 in my Dinomist-Synchro deck.

1. Special Summon either Brachion or Ceratops by their effects (Dinomist Charge and Rush can be really nifty for this) and Normal Summon Deskbot 001. (with Ceratops you would need to wait until a turn where you already control a Dinomist)

2. Synchro Summon Metaphys Horus and activate its 2 effects that activate when a Effect and Pendulum monster is used as a Non-tuner material (opponent chooses a monster to give you (can't attack though on the turn you use this) and negate a card effect)

3. Pendulum Summon a Lv. 5 and Lv. 4 Dinomist (Charge makes this so much easier), Special Summon Deskbot 001 under its effect.

4. You can treat the Lv.4 Dinomist as a Tuner to Synchro Summon Nirvana High Paladin under Nirvana High Paladin's effect using Metaphys Horus as the non-tuner

5. Activate Nirvana High Paladin effect to return Metaphys Horus to the Extra Deck.

6. Use Deskbot 001 and the Lv.5 Dinomist to Synchro Summon Metaphys Horus again and activate its effect again.

Therefore you negate 2 Card Effects and steal 2 monsters.

I remember someone on DN did that to me after I got over it for the first time. I was so shattered :lol:

The only looping thing I can do now is Synchro Summoning Metaphys Horus twice using Nirvana High Paladin and Deskbot 001 in my Dinomist-Synchro deck.

1. Special Summon either Brachion or Ceratops by their effects (Dinomist Charge and Rush can be really nifty for this) and Normal Summon Deskbot 001. (with Ceratops you would need to wait until a turn where you already control a Dinomist)

2. Synchro Summon Metaphys Horus and activate its 2 effects that activate when a Effect and Pendulum monster is used as a Non-tuner material (opponent chooses a monster to give you (can't attack though on the turn you use this) and negate a card effect)

3. Pendulum Summon a Lv. 5 and Lv. 4 Dinomist (Charge makes this so much easier), Special Summon Deskbot 001 under its effect.

4. You can treat the Lv.4 Dinomist as a Tuner to Synchro Summon Nirvana High Paladin under Nirvana High Paladin's effect using Metaphys Horus as the non-tuner

5. Activate Nirvana High Paladin effect to return Metaphys Horus to the Extra Deck.

6. Use Deskbot 001 and the Lv.5 Dinomist to Synchro Summon Metaphys Horus again and activate its effect again.

Therefore you negate 2 Card Effects and steal 2 monsters.
I have one loop I remember...

Dark World Grapha Loop:

1. Have all Grapha in grave + banish fodder in foe's grave
2. Have two Dark Smog + one other discard spell
3. Have Beiige or Sillva/Goldd
4. Discard Beiige (use other discard) or S/G and special summon by effect.
5. SS Grapha #1
6. Repeat 4 and 5 with Dark Smog and profit.

Lets you get three beatsticks on the field and banishes two of the foe's graveyard cards. Has the added benefit of seriously hurting graveyard decks because you can choose what to banish.

I tried YGO, I liked facing off against A.I just to see how they would play with a random deck (usually awful) and loved running Don Thousands deck from Zexal but several times it really annoyed me with constant rule glitches and name errors.

I tried YGO, I liked facing off against A.I just to see how they would play with a random deck (usually awful) and loved running Don Thousands deck from Zexal but several times it really annoyed me with constant rule glitches and name errors.
Try YGOPro DevPro. It works really well.

I never saw that and it's strange if the name errors existed on an official game during a time where Konami didn't suck. My issue was the early pay scheme of it all to actually compete, there were cool tournaments like weekend tourneys you could play in and win very rare cards. I feel that the game could have lived quite long if they had just formatted all of it to virtual play.

They could be where Blizzard is right now with hearthstone and even had a rebirth in game popularity if they went eSports with it. I think that's why pokemon TCG still does so well even if it lacks being virtual, the esports portion is the selling point.

So does anyone have any idea what this monster could be?

tumblr_obj4yazT3A1vnrkbxo1_400.jpg

While Raging Tempest is coming out in 2017 for us, it is only 1 month away for the OCG release and no one has a clue what the cover monster could be.

It has yet to even appear in the anime or any anime trailer. Rumours are going around that it is either an upgraded Starve Venom Fusion Dragon (since Clear Wing Synchro Dragon and Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon are or already have upgraded forms and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon has like 8 upgraded forms and 1 downgraded form) or another Odd-Eyes monster (due to its colouring and chest).

I think this is the first time we see a pre-release of a booster without knowing what monster is in the cover...

More Synchro-Pendulum monsters look to be on the way.

As Clear Wing Synchro Dragon manga counterpart Clearwing Fast Dragon (yes the 2 different spellings of Clear and Wing is intentional) is a Synchro-Pendulum monster and unlike Nirvana High Paladin, the level is low enough (Level 7) for you to Pendulum Summon it back on the field in certain decks (Pendulum Decks with a Scale 8)

2 things you hate @1241Penguin are combining forces now :lol:

So the cover monster for raging tempest has FINALLY been revealed and in all the anticipation we get this Xyz-Pendulum monster...

Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon

English

Pendulum Effect
Once per turn, if you have no cards in your other Pendulum Zone: You can place 1 Pendulum Monster from your Deck in your Pendulum Zone.
Monster Effect
2 Level 7 Dragon-Type monsters
If you can Pendulum Summon Level 7, you can Pendulum Summon this face-up card in your Extra Deck. If this card is Xyz Summoned by using an Xyz Monster as a Material, it gains these effects.
● This card can make a second attack during each Battle Phase.
● Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy as many cards your opponent controls as possible, and if you do, this card gains 200 ATK for each card destroyed until the end of this turn.
If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

I am so disappointed with this announcement for plenty of reasons:
  • We still don't have a Fusion-Pendulum yet and we now have 2 Xyz-Pendulum and 2 Synchro-Pendulum
  • A Rank 7 Xyz that requires one of the materials to be Xyz monsters in order to use its effects, a lot of resources have to be spent in order to do this since Xyz Monsters have Ranks now levels
  • The monster itself is disappointing, it's basically Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon which was already a cover card back in Clash of Rebellions but with a stronger Pendulum Scale BUT weaker monster effect.
latest

• Which leads to my other problem with Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon, while we do have 2 Synchro-Pendulum monsters, at least the monster are mostly different with their own styles of plays. OE Rebellion and OE Raging are pretty much the same card with little changes.

After nearly a whole year of Yugioh, I've found the ability to develop to best plan to get cards as cheap as possible.
  1. If you want a Card Pack just for a single card, might as well just by the card online, more cheaper thand just buying multiple packs, if the card is like $40-$100, do Step 3.
  2. If you know a regularly schedule for card sales, wait until they are on a special sale, sure you won't be the first to get them but getting the cards you want without paying as much is far satisfying, like my card shop does an end of financial year sale, that when it was on, I exploited the hell out of.
  3. If the card you want is massive rare card (like a Secret Rare) wait until the Collection Tins come out, they come with 3 Secret Rares per tin instead of 2 Secret Rares if you a Box which is Triple the cost of a tin, so you could pretty much get 9 Secret Rares.
  4. If you get a really rare cards that is worth a fortune that you don't want and wanted something else, use it as a bargaining chip in trades. That's how I got my Cyber Dragon Infinity which was worth $50 at the time.
  5. DON'T BUY Pack Boxes, they are a death trap for your wallet, patience is key for a good economy in Yugioh, not to mention you'll be hit with around 150 Commons that most people don't want. A friend of mine constantly buys them and it isn't a guarantee that he'll get the cards he wants for his deck.
Your disadvantage will be you'll be slow and not up to date very well being stuck in 6 months old cards until opportunity hits in, however when you can catch up, you catch up hard.

After nearly a whole year of Yugioh, I've found the ability to develop to best plan to get cards as cheap as possible.
That's basically my plan as well. If there's a card that I want (usually a foil) I just go ahead and get it as a single. There's no reason to hope for it in a booster pack (let alone a booster box) because the chances of getting it are just too slim. That said though, nothing beats the excitement of pulling a nice card in a booster pack which is why I'm okay buying packs like Dragons of Legend which has a smaller card roster and you're guaranteed (a) foil(s) in each pack.

It is nice to get that feeling, though I now only buy packs if I want multiple cards from the packs and if it is on sale. I remember when I got 2 Boosters of High Speed Riders because I needed Synchro Monsters and I got both Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Bane and Red Nova Dragon. I know Red Nova Dragon is not anything special in terms of rarity in the pack but the Secret Rare, Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Bane is an amazing card that can help get into Red Nova Dragon easy.

Looks like Konami has really have enough of the Pendulum Walling technique. Not only do we now have double piercing damage cards and cards that banish instead of destroy appear more often. We now have this which has appeared in the Anime last year but now is getting an OCG release and likely a TCG release in Raging Tempest, comes out next month in the OCG and February for us:

4 "Ancient Gear" monsters
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Unaffected by Spell/Trap effects. Monsters in your opponent's possession cannot activate their effects during the Battle Phase. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls, once each. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

@1241Penguin @MoLiEG

I know you guys are one for old school and not a fan of the newer mechanics since Synchro Summoning but I think you might like this Pendulum Monster: Pandora's Treasure Box

It's a Pendulum Monster that helps non-Extra Deck decks and cripples Pendulum Decks.

In case you are unfamiliar with how Pendulum's work at their best, here is details on why this makes most Pendulum decks cry.

1. Since you'll be destroying a monster in the scale to put this card in your opponents scale, they can't give it back since Pendulum cards get sent to the Extra Deck when destroyed making Pendulum Monsters advantage a weakness (even more so if this is the only Pendulum card you have so your opponent can't destroy any of yours to make you take it back)
  2. Scale 4 is the worst Pendulum Scale. It means no Pendulum Summoning, Level 4s no matter what the other scale is which hurts Pendulum-Xyz decks. Not to mention, if you destroy the correct scale, you can limit the Pendulum Summoning entirely (for example, Dinomist decks have Pendulum scales of 3 and 6, replace the 6 scale and they can no longer Pendulum Summon (though this would require baiting due to Dinomist Pendulum effects) or a Majespecter deck who have scales of 2 and 5, or Deskbots who scales range from 1 to 10, take out the 2 scale for Majespecters and the 10 scale on Deskbots and watch the plays get limited.
  3. Pendulum Magician decks require another Magician in the Pendulum Scale to activate their effects, adding this to their scale just negates any Pendulum effect they can use (and they are usually the best effects too)
The only concern is if the opponent has Sky Iris on the field which protects its Scales from being targeted and Pendulum Call which prevents Pendulum Magicians from being destroyed for a turn, though Sky Iris only works in 3 Pendulum decks and Pendulum Call has recently been limited to 1 while this card can go to 3.

It's monster effect is decent but I have no clue how you could use it properly as you'd need to spend a lot of time protecting it. (My only guess is in a Seal of Orichalcos deck).

I think they need to change the name of Invasion of Venom/Invasion: Vengeance to Invasion of Anti-Pendulum

Last edited:
So I went to my local card shop to compete in the LLDS Series, while I didn't win or even qualify for Stage 2 (it wasn't my plan), I did get a lot of good cards through trade and got some good experience.

However what I found interesting was a ruling that I never heard of before which actually does give Ritual Summoning and Fusion Summoning an edge.

Fusion and Ritual Summons cannot be negated with cards like Horn of Heaven or Solemn ----. This is because they are being summoned through a card effect (Polymerization and Ritual Spell Cards) and not on their own via their Summoning condition (so Fusion Monsters that summon using Contact Fusion can still be negated). This isn't the case with Xyz and Synchro monsters so they can be negated. Pendulum is worst since if their summoning gets negated, they get thrown into the Graveyard not the Extra Deck.

Raging Tempest has just been released in the OCG, had a quick look at the deck list and...

WHAT THE 🤬 IS THIS (talk about the Yugioh equivalent of the Blue Shell):

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 5 or more cards from your hand, field, and/or Extra Deck, face-down, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card gains 100 ATK and DEF for each face-down banished card. While this card is face-up on the field, it cannot be Tributed, or be used as a Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Material for a Summon. Once per turn, at the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles an opponent's monster: You can banish that opponent's monster, face-down.

Last edited:
Legendary Decks II has been released with decks based off Yugi, Kaiba and Joey.

Features all the staples (Blue Eyes, Red-Eyes, Exodia, Dark Magician, God Cards)

Kaibas deck I find the most interesting, contain most of the cards that makes Blue-Eyes meta right now (White Stone of the Ancients and Dragon Spirit of White) which are (or probably as of now were) worth a decent amount of money as well as this card which is great for anti-meta style gameplay (due to the massive amount of annoying Effect monsters).

I need this for my Gemini Monster deck :D

Unlike when it was released back in 2015 as a Super Rare, this is a Common. I'm totally fine with it, as it means it'll be easier to purchase online as this is the only card I want from the Legendary Decks II

This has got to suck for my friend, he spent around $300 on his Blue Eyes deck but now you can make far cheaper than that thanks to this, the 2016 Mega-Tins and soon to be released Kaiba and Yugi Structure Decks.

Last edited:
That Dragon looks very insteresting. Since I'm going to have money again to re-take my hobbies, maybe I should take a close looks about this one.

Back