YuGiOh! TCG Trading/Collectors thread

• Thread starter Guardian
  • 356 comments
That Dragon looks very insteresting. Since I'm going to have money again to re-take my hobbies, maybe I should take a close looks about this one.
I always love splashable Fusion monsters, they are extremely rare (since unlike Synchros and Xyz, most Fusions require specific monsters, or archetypes of a monster). I don't think there is any splashable Fusion monster except for 2. (First of the Dragons and according to Yugioh ARC-V, the king of the Fusions, Starve Venom Fusion Dragon).

Even though Starve Venom Fusion Dragon is extremely open (2 Dark monster required only (though to balance they must be on the field)) it's upgraded form Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon isn't as you need a Predator Plant monster.

1 "Predator Plant" monster + 1 DARK monster with an original Level of 8 or higher
Must first be Fusion Summoned. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; until the end of this turn, its ATK becomes 0, also it has its effects negated. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Destroy as many monsters on the field as possible, then you can banish 1 Level 8 or higher DARK monster from your Graveyard, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

My reaction to Greedy Venom Fusion Dragon reveal:
attachment.php

Dragon that represents Fusion my ***. Ruined the amazement of how flexible Starve Venom is and doesn't play anything like Starve Venom except for its last effect (Starve Venom adds an opponent attack and can copy an effect of a Level 5 or higher). Not to mention Clearwing Fast Dragon is far better since while it has to be an Extra Deck monster for Clearwing Fast Dragon, it can be done on any players turn (not to mention it's a Pendulum monster)

Pendulum Effect
You can send 1 face-up "Speedroid" Tuner and 1 face-up non-Tuner monster you control to the Graveyard whose total Levels equal 7; Special Summon this card from your Pendulum Zone. You can only use this effect of "Clearwing Fast Dragon" once per turn.
Monster Effect
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WIND monsters
During either player's turn: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls that was Special Summoned from the Extra Deck; until the end of this turn, its ATK becomes 0, also it has its effects negated. You can only use this effect of "Clearwing Fast Dragon" once per turn. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

I know it's Pendulum effect is exclusive to Speedroids but that's because Speedroids don't use Pendulums, so they can't Pendulum it back unless it was a hybrid deck. Any 8 scale Pendulum deck that uses Wind monsters (namely Odd-Eyes) don't need to worry about that since they can Pendulum summon it back.

That Dragon looks very insteresting. Since I'm going to have money again to re-take my hobbies, maybe I should take a close looks about this one.
Granted in terms of the meta right now in the TCG, especially since 2 Pendulum decks have slowly creeped into the meta. It can only stand against Kozmo and Majespecter. Burning Abyss rely on Phantom Knight trap cards to deal with this, Metalfoes use non-effect Fusion monsters and Blue-Eyes can just get over it with the top deck right now, Blue-Eyes. Granted if Crystons become meta once they're released (they focus on Synchro Summoning on the opponent turn and getting their effects off the ruin their opponents stuff), this card would definitely help to combat them.

It isn't a bad card by any means, it can play locally and casually really strong, I just ordered 2 and waiting on delivery myself, it's just in a bad "format" right now for it to be properly anti-meta. During the Monarchs format which was the last format, it would've been really strong, if you could get it out before Domain of the Monarchs kicked in, as the Monarchs would then be helpless.

I also I think I found @1241Penguin new favourite Trap Card:
latest

Get those Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum out of here :lol:.

So this Saturday is the preview for the new set Invasion: Venegance in my region.

I have to give it a past since it ends at 11pm, I need my sleep and $45 is not worth it :lol:.

and next Friday, it'll finally be released. I think the entire set is Toadally Awesome (any who checked the sets anyone to get this pun?)

I was going to be patient and wait for it to go on a special sale especially since the Holidays are coming up BUT, a friend and I want different things from the pack so an extremely cheap option is that we're going half on a Booster Box.

He takes all the Cardians, Crystons, Phantom Knights (which there is only 1) and Predator Plants.

While I take all the Chemical Beasts (Gemini Monsters come back with a Vengeance (more puns) :D), Palezoic and Wyrm-type monsters.

As for the Secret Rares since we are guaranteed 2 in a Box. We both want 7 out of 8 of the Secret Rares (the only one we don't want is Subterror Nemesis Archer). So the challenge for us is that, whoever pulls the Secret Rares get to keep it. I wouldn't care if I didn't get any as I can just wait for the 2017 Mega Tins.

As for everything else, we might just trade it off.

Has anyone checked the lore of the iconic Buster Blader with it's support f the Destruction Swordsman Archetype. It's extremely depressing made me cry over a trading card.

From a user on reddit:
Gladly. The story begins with the future version (I assume) of Buster Blader who meets a young dragon that becomes his partner and friend. The dragon accompanies Buster Blader and provides his weaponry as he takes on dragons and wizards and even robots.
However, as the dragon grows it matures into a form that is dark and corrupted. Seeing his once-partner going berserk, Buster Blader has no choice but to fight it.
After the fight is over and his partner is near death, Buster Blader fuses with its spirit, becoming the Dragon Destroyer that we see today, strengthened but never forgetting his close friend.

A bunch of Destruction Swordsman cards supports this, I can't look at Destruction Swordsman Memories without crying :(

DestructionSwordMemories-TDIL-EN-C-1E-700x700.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a cool drinking game: Take a drink everytime you see a "Zodiac Beast" (we call them Zoodiac) decklist:

https://ygorganization.com/ocg-11222016-ocg-japan-decklists/

They take the concept of Xyz Summoning and pretty much 🤬 on what prevented them from being broken (since you only need 1 monster to Xyz Summon instead of 2 or more)

I'm so glad the TCG doesn't have these yet and when we do get them in February, I hope they get hit with an emergency ban list (like Performapal/Performages were this year). I don't expect to compete in any tournaments as long as they are around.

@Obelisk You said you played Darklord didn't you? How do they exactly work? I just played against a Darklord user with the added support from Destiny Soldiers but even though I won he was playing so fast and so vague, I don't understand :lol:

@Obelisk You said you played Darklord didn't you? How do they exactly work? I just played against a Darklord user with the added support from Destiny Soldiers but even though I won he was playing so fast and so vague, I don't understand :lol:
I run Dark Worlds...Are you sure you have the right guy?

I though they were the same archetype with Darklord being a sub-archetype for Dark Worlds. Like how Dinomist, Majespecter & Igknights are sub-archetypes for Dracoslayer.

I though they were the same archetype with Darklord being a sub-archetype for Dark Worlds. Like how Dinomist, Majespecter & Igknights are sub-archetypes for Dracoslayer.
They're not a sub-type, unfortunately. I did just look at one of the effect monsters and boggled at its effect. I have zero idea how they work outside of discarding and targeting other cards on the same side of the field.

Yugioh has seriously went overbored, a massive boss monster has been revealed and it is insane (and is the first Fusion-Pendulum).

Supreme Dragon King Zarc (the fused form of all the Dimension Dragons):
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Supreme_King_Dragon_Zarc

I seriously hoped you stacked up on Kaiju monsters, going over that is not only going to be a pain normally but its Pendulum effect just ruins any consistency you might have in your deck.

We got insight on a brand new mechanic called link for the nest era since ARC-V is ending.

It has something to do with where your monster is placed (Cyberdark Impact anyone?)

Things to note is that we look to be having a new layout for when it hits shown here and has heavily nerfed Pendulums (good news for @1241Penguin) and nerfed Spells/Traps (bad news for a lot of us) :

• The far left and far right Spell/Trap Zones are removed
  • Pendulum Scales are removed from their special spaces and are now the replacement for the removed Spell/Traps
This changes the game massively, Trap decks like Paleozoic and are now completely dead. Amorphages rely on their Pendulum Scale and Continous Spell/Trap and this just kills them. Metalfoes can't constantly destroy each other Spells/Traps as freely.

More details that nerf Fusion, Synchro and Xyz Monsters and involves the new Link Monsters

• There is a new zone called the Extra Monster Zone, there are 2 and can belong to either player but once you choose one the other one goes to your opponent.
  • Monsters special summoned through the Extra Deck (except Pendulums) MUST go into the Extra Monster Zone meaning you can only have 1 Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and Link Monster at a time, normally.
  • If special summoning an Extra Deck monster from the grave they can go in the normal monster zone.
Details on Link Monsters

• They can be special summoned from the Extra Deck by sending Monsters to the Grave equal to the monsters Link number. Link monsters can also be used as material where they're Link number counts towards the materials used (so 1 Link 3 monster + 1 other monster summons a Link 4 if the materials listed on the Link 4 are correct)
  • Each Link Monster has arrows pointing to a Monster Zone, these become Link Zones which when a monster is put on it, causes it to be a Linkked monster where effects can happen. You can Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and Link Summon on Linked Monster Zones
  • The have no DEF and can't leave face-up ATK position
  • They have no Level nor Rank (my Al' Lumi Raj is crying)
This is a complete game changer to the game, this'll scare a few players away but I can already see some players coming in fresh as everyone is now pretty much on a clean slate!

More details that nerf Fusion, Synchro and Xyz Monsters and involves the new Link Monsters
Seems to me that Link Monsters exist to slow down the Pendulums (and thus Synchros and Xyzs) which arguably have caused the pace of the game to increase dramatically.

My friend and I still stick with the mechanics before the introduction of Pendulums though (although I still haven't bothered getting familiar with Synchro or Xyzs monsters while he has), so this won't really bother us.

Seems to me that Link Monsters exist to slow down the Pendulums (and thus Synchros and Xyzs) which arguably have caused the pace of the game to increase dramatically.
I don't really think it was Pendulums themselves that cause the game to increase in speed (except PePe but that go hit by the ban list 4 weeks after being complete) most of the modern day fast decks (ABC, D/D/Ds (the meta variant not the Pendulum Summon variant), and especially Zoodiacs) don't even touch the Pendulum Summoning mechanic. Evodence since Pendulums got nerfed in there own way by only being able to have 3 Spell/Trap slots unlike the other mechanics.

This'll make Rituals much more appealing as they aren't restricted in their Swarming (glad I chose to make my Odd-Eyes deck focus on Rituals).

This'll defintiely make the game more decisive, strategic and patient as long as Kaijus get banned (since they can just tribute an opponents monster freely pretty much ruining the concept of a slow game) and perhaps taking down some decks that only focus on the main deck like Kozmo and Domain Monarchs.

I don't really think it was Pendulums themselves that cause the game to increase in speed (except PePe but that go hit by the ban list 4 weeks after being complete) most of the modern day fast decks (ABC, D/D/Ds (the meta variant not the Pendulum Summon variant), and especially Zoodiacs) don't even touch the Pendulum Summoning mechanic. Evodence since Pendulums got nerfed in there own way by only being able to have 3 Spell/Trap slots unlike the other mechanics.

This'll make Rituals much more appealing as they aren't restricted in their Swarming (glad I chose to make my Odd-Eyes deck focus on Rituals).

This'll defintiely make the game more decisive, strategic and patient as long as Kaijus get banned (since they can just tribute an opponents monster freely pretty much ruining the concept of a slow game) and perhaps taking down some decks that only focus on the main deck like Kozmo and Domain Monarchs.
I am curious about how the strategies of the new meta game will be. As far as I can tell Yu-Gi-Oh never had a mechanic that messes with the field like Link Summoning will do, sort of like a board game. Or something.

I am curious about how the strategies of the new meta game will be. As far as I can tell Yu-Gi-Oh never had a mechanic that messes with the field like Link Summoning will do, sort of like a board game. Or something.
They actually tried it before in the GX era with Cyberdark Impact with several cards focusing on columns. It didn't change the game at all at the time and was quickly abandoned.

However this time it appears this'll work, in fact Senet Switch (a continous spell from Cyberdark Impact that allowed 1 of your monsters to move a column) is now worth $10 and it is a common.

Link Monsters, Pendulum monsters, back in my time the highest attack monsters were the kings :lol:

I know, I got stuck in the dinosaur age of the game :lol:

Sometimes I miss the game and want to get back, but I'm not sure if me and my wallet can keep up to the game's evolution :lol:

Currently in the meta, Zoodiacs are king and only use Xyz Summons.

From the looks of the first set of the new era, unless your main deck is an EARTH Deck you can skip it. You only really need the Starter Deck that's coming out at the moment.

I think the change is interesting though I feel like Synchro builds got the far worse end of the stick their main monster needs to have 3 or more Synchros on the field. Good luck with that now since only 1 Synchro Monster is properly allowed on the field :lol:

Lightsworns and Dark Worlds ( @Obelisk ) are going to get further support in the first set of the Link Summon era (Code of the Duelist).

Lightsworns are getting a sub-archetype which are their dark counterparts, Twilightsworns.

Dark Worlds get this, and seriously 🤬 this card:

When an opponent's monster effect is activated while you have 3 or more cards in your hand: You can target 1 "Dark World" monster on the field; return it to the hand, and if you do, the activated opponent's effect becomes "Discard 1 random card from your opponent's hand".

So it pretty much negates a monster effect, forces your opponent to discard one of your cards which is what you DON'T WANT when against Dark Worlds and it isn't once per turn so if you discard a Dark World that special summons itself upon being discarded, your opponent can activate this card again.

Lightsworns and Dark Worlds ( @Obelisk ) are going to get further support in the first set of the Link Summon era (Code of the Duelist).

Lightsworns are getting a sub-archetype which are their dark counterparts, Twilightsworns.

When an opponent's monster effect is activated while you have 3 or more cards in your hand: You can target 1 "Dark World" monster on the field; return it to the hand, and if you do, the activated opponent's effect becomes "Discard 1 random card from your opponent's hand".

So it pretty much negates a monster effect, forces your opponent to discard one of your cards which is what you DON'T WANT when against Dark Worlds and it isn't once per turn so if you discard a Dark World that special summons itself upon being discarded, your opponent can activate this card again.
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

This may be the best thing fot DW since the Grapha support.

I shouldn't be surprised anymore about Konami forgetting the once per turn clause in recent cards ever since they made Zoodiac Ratpier.

This is more of the old school yugioh type mind screw that I think most of us enjoy. I think it's a good card rather than the crap they have been trying to churn out to undo the meta they've had going for the past few years.

I'm concered about this being too good. It pretty much makes your opponents play your Dark Worlds instead of their own deck. However, I think it creates and interesting dilemma where best case scenario if you choose right not much happens however worst case scenario if you choose wrong not only do they get an effect, they'll be able to use it again on the same turb where the process repeats itself.

My Dinomist-Synchro doesn't like it one bit, it pretty much cancels recycling Deskbot 001 for my Synchro plays. So maybe I'm biased :P

Almost forgot, since I was away when this came out. Want to improve your game and not use Synchro, Xyz or Pendulums ( *cough* @MoLiEG *cough* @1241Penguin *cough* ) then this set is for you, dedicated to Fusion Summoning:

fusionenforcersboosterbox__29315.1478612944.500.750.jpg

The set main focus are 3 Archetypes that main focus is Fusion Summoning: Predaplants, Fluffals and Invoked. The latter is an Archetype that can be splashed into every deck as all but 1 monster are Fusion monsters.

It also contains reprints of cards that just generally support Fusions including a reprint of the alternative Polymerization art which was only seen before in the Yugi pack back in 2009:

It also contains a card that is pro-old school and anti-Synchro and Xyz at the same time.

In my opinion this set is a great set for those who want to compete in Modern Yugioh but don't want to use any of the new mechanics.

Interesting set. I might pick up Yu-gi-oh! as a hooby again after all :lol:

So, I was looking at the Yu-gi-oh! Wikia today, and realized that The Winged Dragon of Ra as we met him in the anime now lives in the real life card game...

... Well, sort of...

... I know I went full Slowpoke mode, but both the Phoenix and the Sphere forms of Ra now exist as legal cards, providing a little boost to the diminished legal Ra we got...

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Winged_Dragon_of_Ra_-_Sphere_Mode

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Winged_Dragon_of_Ra_-_Immortal_Phoenix

Sphere mode looks ok, but Phoenix kinda sucks... Forgive me if I'm actually excited but the Normal Ra and the Sphere Ra might work in a retro deck :D !

Last edited:
Interesting set. I might pick up Yu-gi-oh! as a hooby again after all :lol:

So, I was looking at the Yu-gi-oh! Wikia today, and realized that The Winged Dragon of Ra as we met him in the anime now lives in the real life card game...

... Well, sort of...

... I know I went full Slowpoke mode (both cards arrive, but both the Phoenix and the Sphere forms of Ra now exist as legal cards, providing a little boost to the diminished legal Ra we got...

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Winged_Dragon_of_Ra_-_Sphere_Mode

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Winged_Dragon_of_Ra_-_Immortal_Phoenix

Sphere mode looks ok, but Phoenix kinda sucks... Forgive me if I'm actually excited but the Normal Ra and the Sphere Ra might work in a retro deck :D !
It is relatively old :lol:, however, Ra Sphere Mode is still kinda used to this day. In the same fashion as Lava Golem and the entire Kaiju archetype, people run Sphere Mode to get rid or annoying boards set out by the opponent.

It is relatively old :lol:, however, Ra Sphere Mode is still kinda used to this day. In the same fashion as Lava Golem and the entire Kaiju archetype, people run Sphere Mode to get rid or annoying boards set out by the opponent.

That's exactly what I was thinking yesterday. You can let your opponent have it, destroy 3 of his/her monsters, recover it, tribute it to get normal Ra, pay 1000 LP to destroy another one (if she/he has another one left), and unleash hell with its 4000+ATK points.

My god that sounds awesome :D

Well, there's still a lot that can negate Sphere Ra. I could easily just throw it away with Dragged Down or block its summoning through other means.

Well, there's still a lot that can negate Sphere Ra. I could easily just throw it away with Dragged Down or block its summoning through other means.

Shhhh... don't ruin it :lol: I'm already planning on how to build a deck around this two :lol:

Well, in fact, since you are more in touch with today's game: How can people block Sphere Ra and how could I defend myself from it?

Back