YuGiOh! TCG Trading/Collectors thread

• Thread starter Guardian
  • 356 comments
Well, there's still a lot that can negate Sphere Ra. I could easily just throw it away with Dragged Down or block its summoning through other means.
Thing is, summoning conditions aren't activated card effects, so you can't negate it with cards like Cyber Dragon Infinity, Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon and Toadally Awesome. It's a normal summon too so the only eligible summoning negation is Solemn Warning and that's Limited.

@MoLiEG probably the things you need to watch out for, are Solemn Warning (it is limited though), if your opponent doesn't have 3 monsters on their field, Torrential Tribute and the entire Zoodiac archetype (they are just pure 🤬 evil to everything)

Thing is, summoning conditions aren't activated card effects, so you can't negate it with cards like Cyber Dragon Infinity, Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon and Toadally Awesome. It's a normal summon too so the only eligible summoning negation is Solemn Warning and that's Limited.

@MoLiEG probably the things you need to watch out for, are Solemn Warning (it is limited though), if your opponent doesn't have 3 monsters on their field, Torrential Tribute and the entire Zoodiac archetype (they are just pure 🤬 evil to everything)
What about the Hole traps?

What about the Hole traps?
Bottomless Trap Hole only works on monsters with 1500 ATK and higher, Sphere Mode has 0.

The rest aren't used a lot nowadays though Floodgate Trap Hole is a nasty card that someone might want to pull on you if not careful (especially if you face Ghostricks)

121333_200w.jpg

Surprisingly, I was able to get a play set of these without any trying, thinking about making Subterrors using these but I still need a 3rd The Hidden City

Maybe you could do a little guide to explain how the game is played today :lol: you know, for guys that might make a comeback ;)
I could and would be willing to assist.

As of now though, got to address the ban list that has been updated. These cards have moved up and down in the world:

Majespecter Unicorn Kirin - Level 6 Pendulum that can freely return stuff to the opponents hand during either players turn, I can see why it is banned.

The Tyrant Neptune - The card right now is pretty meh, copied the tributed monsters effects, however the problem is going to come in Maximum Crisis once Lyrical Luscinia comes out (turned Neptune into a 5k beater that can burn for 5k and immune to card effects), glad to see them plan ahead

Vanity's Emptiness - Stopped Special Summons, no need to say more

Maxx "C" - Was Semi-Limited, it allows you to draw whenever your opponent Special Summon meaning this card can be worse than Pot of Greed and that's banned.

Rescue Cat - Was Forbidden, it has a new effect though that is being printed in Duelist Saga that negates the monsters it Special Summons effects

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier - Was Forbidden, it's effect has been changed where you can only use its effect once per turn.

Brian Control - Was Forbidden, it's effect is again changed to that it only works on Monsters that can be Normal Summoned/Set

Future Fusion - Never properly looked into this one.

Imperial Order - Was Forbidden, it's effect cut off all Spells but you had to pay 700 LP during your turn or destroy it. THIS HAS BEEN CHANGED. Once it's activated YOU CAN'T SHUT IT OFF (except by MST), and the 700 LP cost also happens during your opponents turn.

Wisdom-Eyes Magician - Was Limited, allowed itself in the Pendulum Scale to be destroyed for a new card in the scale.

Zoodiac Ratpier - Was not on the list, happy the Rat issue is already addressed, Zoodiacs can still play but they lose their best combo. Zoodiacs are not so scary anymore

Interrupted Kaiju Slumber - It's basically a Dark Hole that gave you monsters, I can see it go since Dark Hole is Semi-Limited

Sangan - It's effect is changed as that you can't use the monster you add to your hands effects, Exodia decks can still use this though

I don't know other than being a continuous trap card that denies summons, it has a pretty easy destroy condition.
Problem is that it makes the "first turn boards" almost unstoppable nowadays.

You set up a field with maybe some 2k - 4k beaters and one or more disruption.

Then you activate Vanity's during your opponents turn so they can't respond with Special Summons while you still have your monsters to wittle your opponents LP.

The destroy condition is hard to get to nowadays too, since the opponents monsters ATK are usually well over 2k, unless your playing Chemicritters who can Normal Summon 2800 ATK monsters without tributing, you can't destroy anything with Normal Summons. Pendulums don't activate the condition since they go to the Extra Deck when destroyed.

The only outs to the cards are spells like Dark Hole and MST, but Vanity's Lock was a thing where you have a monster that can protect it and/or Vanity's by card effects, making any efforts futile.

It was only going to get more dangerous the more formats we go into.

Problem is that it makes the "first turn boards" almost unstoppable nowadays.

You set up a field with maybe some 2k - 4k beaters and one or more disruption.

Then you activate Vanity's during your opponents turn so they can't respond with Special Summons while you still have your monsters to wittle your opponents LP.

The destroy condition is hard to get to nowadays too, since the opponents monsters ATK are usually well over 2k, unless your playing Chemicritters who can Normal Summon 2800 ATK monsters without tributing, you can't destroy anything with Normal Summons. Pendulums don't activate the condition since they go to the Extra Deck when destroyed.

The only outs to the cards are spells like Dark Hole and MST, but Vanity's Lock was a thing where you have a monster that can protect it and/or Vanity's by card effects, making any efforts futile.

It was only going to get more dangerous the more formats we go into.

Unless the ban list is so long that you can't have a trap card, spell card to undo a continuous like that, then sure I understand the ban but if that's not the case. Then it's a ban on a mid range card to me

Unless the ban list is so long that you can't have a trap card, spell card to undo a continuous like that, then sure I understand the ban but if that's not the case. Then it's a ban on a mid range card to me
Problem is that you can stop your opponent from undoing the continous. With cards like Stardust Spark Dragon, Cyber Dragon Infinity, Toadally Awesome, Number 38, Master Key Beetle, Ultimate Providence, Imperial Order (that just go moved from being benned) etc., getting rid of Vanity's is a really difficult thing to do if your opponent is able to establish an amazing field in 1 turn (which happens more often than you'd think)

Problem is that you can stop your opponent from undoing the continous. With cards like Stardust Spark Dragon, Cyber Dragon Infinity, Toadally Awesome, Number 38, Master Key Beetle, Ultimate Providence, Imperial Order (that just go moved from being benned) etc., getting rid of Vanity's is a really difficult thing to do if your opponent is able to establish an amazing field in 1 turn (which happens more often than you'd think)

If you're relying on an effect monster of some magnitude to get rid of a trap card sure it's not easy in that sense, but I wasn't talking that sense.

If you're relying on an effect monster of some magnitude to get rid of a trap card sure it's not easy in that sense, but I wasn't talking that sense.
Some of those monsters prevent you from destroying the Trap with your own Spells and Traps,

Hell, Toadally Awesome also steals the Spell and Trap it negates.

Some of those monsters prevent you from destroying the Trap with your own Spells and Traps,

Hell, Toadally Awesome also steals the Spell and Trap it negates.

Yeah but getting the set ups you need either require a ton of money going into the deck to make the cards align that way and still being lucky. I don't see the ban being great, it's a utility item to try and nerf certain meta decks.

At any rate, the entire meta depends on special summon spam. There never was a good counter for Vanity's Emptiness.

Yeah but getting the set ups you need either require a ton of money going into the deck to make the cards align that way and still being lucky. I don't see the ban being great, it's a utility item to try and nerf certain meta decks.
Not really, you can make Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon by only using 1 card in your hand. Cyber Dragon Infinity just needs 2, and they don't have to be specific. Imperial Order ist just a single card.

In D/D/D they can consistently go into 2 Spell negates, 1 Trap negate and 1 Monster negate in 1 turn without being that lucky. Combine that with Vanity's and you're not getting over that.

@Obelisk is right. The only archetypes that don't care for Special Summons are Chemicritters and Monarchs, everything else need Special Summons to get going.

Not really, you can make Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon by only using 1 card in your hand. Cyber Dragon Infinity just needs 2, and they don't have to be specific. Imperial Order ist just a single card.

In D/D/D they can consistently go into 2 Spell negates, 1 Trap negate and 1 Monster negate in 1 turn without being that lucky. Combine that with Vanity's and you're not getting over that.

@Obelisk is right. The only archetypes that don't care for Special Summons are Chemicritters and Monarchs, everything else need Special Summons to get going.

Like I said from the gameplay I've seen and what not recent it wasn't something massively an issue.

I think that's why you don't think it's an issue.

Well the game has been out of balance and wont be fixed, which is why other card games are more popular. I feel that keeping the cards in play is the best thing and just trying to curve them with further expansions later on.

Well the game has been out of balance and wont be fixed, which is why other card games are more popular. I feel that keeping the cards in play is the best thing and just trying to curve them with further expansions later on.
In order to do that, they'd need to make Normal Summoning massively viable again but that's almost impossible since how restricted Normal Summoning is. It would also go against the Link Summoning mechanic coming out as that is a Special Summon.

In order to do that, they'd need to make Normal Summoning massively viable again but that's almost impossible since how restricted Normal Summoning is. It would also go against the Link Summoning mechanic coming out as that is a Special Summon.

That's why i said it wont be fixed it will forever have power creep, and unlike other card games you can't fix something that is so static unless you revise the rules massively. However, with the fact that konami uses this as a cash cow, to some extent shows that they don't care and will let it keep spiraling.

That's why i said it wont be fixed it will forever have power creep, and unlike other card games you can't fix something that is so static unless you revise the rules massively.
They're doing it right now with the "new Master Rule". With the new Link Summoning and Extra Monster Zone rules preventing your from Extra Deck spammining without Link Monsters.

They're doing it right now with the "new Master Rule". With the new Link Summoning and Extra Monster Zone rules preventing your from Extra Deck spammining without Link Monsters.

Still not enough to undo years of power creep, anyone that's played a multitude of tcg could tell you that.

Back