Zero Cup: zero tuning (PS4) - STOPPEDPS4 

after watching the videos, I feel guilty of improper driving and I apologize to those who were involved:banghead: (send insurance forms for damages:cheers:) I will try to be more careful the next races.
I had not listened to the microphone but there trying to figure out ..... quiet I did not understand anything ahahahaaha:lol::lol:
good evening now I go to burn rubber.👍

Everyone makes mistakes. It's what we about them that counts. For the record, I'm really happy you're racing with us!

Everyone has low impact contacts but EDIT: but some drive around a track as fast as they can forcing it, makes it hard when EDIT they need to adjust to avoid or slowdown. l'll burn rubber on the same track and time as you:)

"Everyone makes mistakes. It's what we about them that counts. For the record, I'm really happy you're racing with us!"

To make it clear madcat l echoe what warrius posted

Are we not going to see any other vids? l want to improve my lap times so would like to see what the lines are that make the difference.

Is it allowed to exceed track limits because there are plenty of places at spa? Think l will check what the pens are.

We shouldn't be checking where the game distributes penalties. It's like looking for where we can cheat (I know that's NOT what you're trying to achieve).
The track limits are usually clear to anyone who knows a bit about racing: keep 2 wheels on the correct side of the white lines, with traditionally (e.g. in F1) accepted exceptions like the exit of Ascari at Monza.

Spa is a funny case, especially with Raidillon/Eau Rouge, Pouhon and Blanchimont. My take on this is that you cannot exceed track limits at Spa, there are no exceptions.
(Personally, I wouldn't mind being over the white line at Blanchimont on RARE occasions, but then you open up a can of worms: "how many times is it ok?", "how many times is it not?" etc... so it's easier for everyone to say "never is ok").

So if you happen to go beyond the track limits, then there's a good chance you'll have to serve a penalty, but if you don't then follow the Rule Book guiding principle #4: "More than 2 wheels over the white lines is off-track. If you gain an unfair advantage by going off track, 'give the time back'".​

I had taken out the 'Track boundaries' section off the original Rule Book, thinking it wouldn't be an issue, but I've put it back in rule #4. Until right now, #4 was worded "If you gain an unfair advantage by going off track, 'give the time back'".

One small technical thing I haven't decided is if I want to initiate the party from the community or from the event.
The good thing about doing it from the event is that it forces people to join the event, ensuring the first 8 people signed in get their spot.
The downside is if someone doesn't turn up, as they effectively block a slot.

If I create a party from the community, you don't have this problem of unusable reserved spot but then people won't feel the need to sign in to events, which is useful to encourage people to keep up with what's happening.

I was running some laps/races with @C Fandango, at the weekend partly to get a feel of the cars and to test my connection out (found a new place to park my phone!), only seemed to have one or two laggy moments early on and was OK after that, even when running closely together.

One thing that did crop up again, is that some of the cars in stock form had notable differences in lap times.
Also a couple of the cars need more fuel to complete the race duration!

I think this is always going to be a factor when running various car models in the same race with fixed tuning.

I agree, that's why I prefer one-make races, but there is very little choice at the minute so we need to diversify a bit for now.

As for the fuel, I suggest we all start with the same amount, just a bit more than the default 30L. 40L should be enough, surely?

I will be on this evening. but not sure what time as of yet. I will try and be in for 8pm.

I did some laps yesterday in a few of the cars and agree with @hobbsy that some cars are definately quicker. In order of fairness, maybe we can rotate the cars selected. Just a thought.

Edit. I've joined today's event

I think 40l should cover the distance. However I'm sure @C Fandango has better notes on this.

@Bonio71 happy to rotate cars if necessary, perhaps it only needs to be the winner! Depends on how it pans out, does the fast car always beat the consistent car?

I call Dibs on the MP4 ;)

The MP4 and SCUD require 38L all other cars are ok @ default the faster cars require more fuel so should carry the burden the slower cars should not be penalised by carrying more than default imo.

I appear to have had most of you guys luck all to myself, as I pretty much avoided all the carnage (first corner!!!) that we've seen in some of the vids above.

Ok si here's some highlights from race 1, the battle for third with @Bonio71 :cheers:

More to come if I get chance (I've spent to many hours in sharefactory so far!)

Laters

Well there are advantages and drawbacks with full videos.
The good thing is you can't hide stuff you don't want others to see.
Bad thing is others probably won't take the time to watch it all, which is very understandable.

Full videos are easier to produce though.

Back