Zero Cup

• Thread starter WarriusZero
  • 3,148 comments
Happy New Year, fellow Zero Cupsters! How about some twitchy 80's MR racing for the new year?

⓪⸗CUP
2ᴺᴰ January 20:00 BST

Toyota MR2 1600 G-Limited Super Charger '86

TIRES:COMFORT SOFT
☼ ☁ ☔
№1:TRIAL MOUNTAIN
№2:MIDFIELD REVERSE
№3:BRANDS HATCH GP

See you there! :cheers:

I certainly did. Loving my G29 :dopey:
Well, Santa brought me a shiny new T300. :D Thanks Santa. ;)👍

Happy New Year, fellow Zero Cupsters! How about some twitchy 80's MR racing for the new year?

⓪⸗CUP

☼ ☁ ☔
№1:TRIAL MOUNTAIN
№2:MIDFIELD REVERSE

Well, Santa brought me a shiny new T300. :D Thanks Santa. ;)👍

Damn... I was actually planning to use this car in my next event :dunce: & sweet! Do you like it?

What wheel were, you using before?

I had a G27 before. T300 has on par feedback, got me the Alcantara edition with the better pedals and they feel very good, as does the wheel! Build quality is a bit less solid, connections are a bit wobbly, especially the pedal connection. It's a bit overpriced but that seems the general way with racing wheels these days. :indiff: Sorry for the double post btw.

As I was last in I think I might have been the problem. Hope you guys get some races in. :cheers:
Nope, it wasn't your fault, still invisibles after you left. :boggled::irked: Still fun to race the suicide car, you got to have nerves of steel like this couple:
Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-02 um 23.07.05.png

:D

Sorry the internet was rubbish.
As I was last in I think I might have been the problem.
I was even lasterer in than you, Suts. I only drove in the last race.
Hope you guys get some races in.
I had one of those rare (for me) Zero Cup race wins, at Brands.
the suicide car
Hehe, the suicide car. ; )
It was pretty gentle with me though, we 'clicked' rather quickly.

Don't get to down Sparks, will take a little while too get use to it.👍

First race was bad, for me, second race better and third race best of all.:)

Try listening to the tyre sqeel, feel the car abit more:)

the suicide car
Had the mark 2 version in the 90s. Yep, it nearly killed me and 2 other innocent drivers after I did a 360 on the public road. :crazy::dunce: Amazing lift off oversteer then it fishtails like mad. Only way to save it was to accelerate but your brain tells you to brake!! Thankfully and amazingly no one was injured. MR2 was 1/3 size after. :eek:

MR2 was a right off...worse still it was my wife's car...she wasn't pleased!!!:scared:

Shame I missed the racing but I'd have ended up taking everyone off with my pirouetting!!

:cheers:

☼ ☁ ☔

Danke for hosting that, tarn. Brands Hatch quickly turned out to be
one of my favorite races in GT6, for obvious reasons.
I understand I was invisible to some drivers so I uploaded this race
to show where I was on the track.

I notice the Zero Cup thread is very close of reaching 3,000 posts made.
We should celebrate that by racing one of the Mitsubishi 3000GT's when
that milestone has been reached. ; )

Occasional Zero Cupper Zolon32 is starting a new championship this Tuesday
called the SHC championship. If you're interested I'm sure he would welcome
you aboard.

Occasional Zero Cupper Zolon32 is starting a new championship this Tuesday
called the SHC championship. If you're interested I'm sure he would welcome
you aboard.

THAT'S INSANE!

We were racing each other so close even though I couldn't see you, I can't even comprehend how that happened and how I didn't wreck you.

This does make me feel better though since I was worried I wasn't leading when I called the yellow flag, but I was barely, and it didn't really affect the race too much. I was taking it easy though trying to stay ahead of Amar at the end though and I would've been much closer to you at the end had I known you were there in front of me...:sly:

I feel like that race wouldn't have been any better even if I had been able to see you. Probably because I would've messed up sooner trying to keep up with you, rather than just driving on a mission to the front by myself after John pushed me off at the start.

Results
Bildschirmfoto 2017-01-07 um 21.22.45.png

Awesome! All these amazing battles happening on the "other side"... :eek::crazy::D Glad to see the invisibles having so much fun! 👍 It's a shame that @LongbowX was thrown out of the room though. :irked:
Noted. :)👍

Last edited:
Hi, I'd like to have a look at your race series - I like the no-tune setting of the races.
I'm an experienced sim racer trying out GT6 for the first time, and am surprised at how enjoyable some of the cars are to punt around.
PSN: Redvaliant

Hi, I'd like to have a look at your race series - I like the no-tune setting of the races.
I'm an experienced sim racer trying out GT6 for the first time, and am surprised at how enjoyable some of the cars are to punt around.
PSN: Redvaliant
Welcome @SlantSix! We race every Monday at 20:00 BST in a room in the Zero Cup club lobby, you can find the club id in post #1. @Sparkz_360 and me take turns hosting the races every other week, this week it's @Sparkz_360's turn but he hasn't put up an event yet -- i'm sure he will post later so stay tuned. 👍

That was interesting. I had a blast in the 2nd and 3rd races fighting this car that wanted to drift every corner.
I've only had the game for a few days so had not driven this car on these tyres before - Man! It was undrivable in the 1st race. I had abs off and 2/2 brakes and it was locking up on 1/3rd pedal travel. I went to 1/1 and abs on 1 for the 2nd race and it transformed the handling- no lock ups and more lateral grip it seems. I guess I need to get to grips (!) with the tyre model of GT6 before the next round. Cheers all.

Threethousandth post and a car to celebrate! (Thanks @JockeP22 for the tip 👍)
⓪⸗CUP
16ᵀᴴ January 20:00 BST

Mitsubishi 3000GT MR (J) '98

☼ ☁ ☔
№1:MATTERHORN ROTENBODEN
№2:GRAND VALLEY EAST REVERSE
№3:NÜRBURGRING GP/D

I've only had the game for a few days so had not driven this car on these tyres before - Man! It was undrivable in the 1st race.
Racing brakes, no racing tires and no ABS doesn't work well together, had to dial down BB to 1/1 to make it bearable. With racing tires it usually works out, they can handle the braking force much better. Glad you had fun nontheless, see you next time! :cheers:

Back