Zero Cup

• Thread starter WarriusZero
  • 3,148 comments
hello, is this series still active? i'd like to join if that's ok
You're welcome, we race every Monday at 20:00 BST in a public lobby room, hosts are me and @Sparkz_360. Please read the rulebook, especially about the starting grid procedure and the gentleman's yellow flag. 👍

And that reminds me that i forgot to post the latest
Results
Bildschirmfoto 2017-02-19 um 09.45.37.png

A brute Bond car, enough to deliver thoroughly shaken Martinis. :mischievous:
Bildschirmfoto 2017-02-19 um 09.45.12.png

Fun racing, the Maserati on CS had just the right amount of controllable uncontrollability, if you know what i mean... :lol:

Tarnheld the UK isn't in BST, the S means Summer. :P. Convert to UTC/GMT for clarity...or say UTC+1 if this series doesn't turn off the Daylight Savings offset?

Tarnheld the UK isn't in BST, the S means Summer. :P. Convert to UTC/GMT for clarity...or say UTC+1 if this series doesn't turn off the Daylight Savings offset?

Oops, i always thought BST means British Standard Time. :dunce: Let's say that during the winter it has that meaning and during the daylight saving time it automagically changes to British Summer Time. :lol: I usually add a link to timedanddate.com so everyone can quickly find out their local time. 👍

Please use Fuji with wiggly bit, Motegi oval (or road course if no ovals) and Suzuka 2014. Daytona Road Course overnight as a fictional finale?

@Sparkz_360 - There's a couple of different model years with the GT300 RX7s; are we using the later one? And the base model is OK too?

I'm going to try and make it to the races again! Hopefully see you later.

Won't be able to attend. We have a guest arriving just when this event starts.

Always enjoy Suzuka and a field of base models GT300s looks great there.

Guest left by about 8:15pm local time. Thought I missed it but actually made it. A lot of connection issues but eventually got a good enough state of visibility to run the race. (SNAIL Division 3 ran perfectly Sunday night, not sure what made this room so flaky.)

First race, had 2 test laps in total. Think I was about 2 seconds off the pace? Last into first turn. Just settled in and followed.

Gradually, drivers ahead ran wide or span off. I was feeling relaxed and the car felt perfectly balanced. SM tyres are extremely DS3 friendly! Months since I last used them. (RM are very DS3 friendly as well.)

About 10 minutes into the 20 minute race I realised I was doing fastest laps! Traded them back and forth a few times; was just keeping cool and getting those early apex points to get the grippy track surface for smooth exits. Really hooked up with the groove and even beat @LongbowX best lap!

Towards the end I was reeling in boyblue. It looked like he was managing the gap perfectly: "Win by the smallest possible margin." But in those evil back kinks he ran wide and did a spin (double spin?) along the tarmac. I slowed and was able to go past as he continued. We were close for the next half lap, with plenty of space given and no crazy dive-bombing.

That last lap equalled my fastest lap of the race, I think. Totally by surprise, I won this race! :eek:

After the leaderboard screen I got disconnected. Then the phone rang about my faulty new laptop so I couldn't get back into the session. The car felt superb on SM with standard tune; wish I could have driven it at Suzuka as well. The call could have happened before Bathurst...would be very happy to skip that track. :lol:

Anyone else going to Grand Tour 450pp Race/Rally cars starting in about 1 hour? The times don't clash so I hope it's OK to cross-link here.

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Guest left by about 8:15pm local time. Thought I missed it but actually made it. A lot of connection issues but eventually got a good enough state of visibility to run the race. (SNAIL Division 3 ran perfectly Sunday night, not sure what made this room so flaky.)

First race, had 2 test laps in total. Think I was about 2 seconds off the pace? Last into first turn. Just settled in and followed.

Gradually, drivers ahead ran wide or span off. I was feeling relaxed and the car felt perfectly balanced. SM tyres are extremely DS3 friendly! Months since I last used them. (RM are very DS3 friendly as well.)

About 10 minutes into the 20 minute race I realised I was doing fastest laps! Traded them back and forth a few times; was just keeping cool and getting those early apex points to get the grippy track surface for smooth exits. Really hooked up with the groove and even beat @LongbowX best lap!

Towards the end I was reeling in boyblue. It looked like he was managing the gap perfectly: "Win by the smallest possible margin." But in those evil back kinks he ran wide and did a spin (double spin?) along the tarmac. I slowed and was able to go past as he continued. We were close for the next half lap, with plenty of space given and no crazy dive-bombing.

That last lap equalled my fastest lap of the race, I think. Totally by surprise, I won this race! :eek:

After the leaderboard screen I got disconnected. Then the phone rang about my faulty new laptop so I couldn't get back into the session. The car felt superb on SM with standard tune; wish I could have driven it at Suzuka as well. The call could have happened before Bathurst...would be very happy to skip that track. :lol:

Anyone else going to Grand Tour 450pp Race/Rally cars starting in about 1 hour? The times don't clash so I hope it's OK to cross-link here.

:gtpflag:
I'll cya in an hour ;) i have a lot of revenge bottled up because i was fighting for a win/podium on all races and ended up last in all (due to being rusty)

Back