PURE | Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Grand Finale Results & Points Posted!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 4,144 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Welcome to the home of the PURE Flyin' Miata Super Cup.
This thread is for the Hydra Tuning World Championship.

This first post contains the introduction, news, rules and event settings.
To jump to a different section, just click the links below.

| Car Info | Registration | Schedule | Results | Tuning Center |

HTWC_banner_2.png

Follow Us!

banners_news.png

To keep up on the latest happenings with the HTWC, keep an eye on this section. All the latest news and thread updates will be outlined here.
  • Added tie-breaker info. (03/23)
  • Updated Points tables. (03/23)
  • Changed Qualifying Deadlines. (02/25)
  • Changes made to Safety Car rules. (02/20)
  • Championship Prizes Posted! (02/17)
  • Added link to Season 4 Flickr album. (02/13)
  • Updated stewards info in case of my absence. (02/13)
  • Added track boundary rules. (02/10)
  • Split threads. (02/03)
  • Schedule graphics updated with race distances. (02/03)
  • Thread created. (01/28)

banners_intro.png

From it's humble beginnings as a small, Spec-Miata based racing series using slightly modified 1989 Mazda MX-5 Miata's, to the arrival of the 1989 Mazda MX-5 Touring Car, the FMSC has remained constant in it's pursuit to bring the best online racing to Gran Turismo 5. Now on the eve of it's fourth season, the FMSC has joined forces with PURE (PUreRacingEvolution) to enhance your racing experience.

In this thread you will find information about the big daddy of them all. In the world of Gran Turismo 5 online racing, the Hydra Tuning World Championship aims to take it's place at the top. Utilizing the '89 Mazda MX-5 Touring Car, this series will allow drivers to openly tune their racer. With limitations on tires, horsepower and weight figures only, the Suspension, Differential, Downforce, and Transmission can be freely tuned to a racer's preference. And that's only just the beginning.

This season marks the introduction of the most realistic racing series to date. The Hydra Tuning World Championship will utilize several new features, including but not limited to:
  • Weekly open qualifying
  • Self Grid Placement
  • Full Vehicle Damage
  • Safety Car Periods
  • Over $400+ USD in Prizes!

prizes.png

banners_divisions.png

This season we will be running two separate divisions to help with the varied schedules of each driver, which also allows us to open registrations to drivers in European countries. Each division will be combined into a single points table, and drivers will accumulate points based on race finishing position, and bonus points described in Post #2 below.

At the end of the 10 race season, the top 7 drivers in points from each division will participate in a winner takes all divisional final at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Qualifying for this race will differ this season, as the regular pre-race week-long qualifying will be implemented instead of grid positioning by points.

Each division will be a full grid of 14 drivers.

Division 1 Race Information:

• Qualifying deadline is 1:00PM EDT Saturday.
  • Races will be held on Saturdays at 4:00PM EDT. Room opens at 3:00PM EDT (Convert HERE)
  • Races will be approximately 1 hour in length (60 minutes)
  • Open practice is allowed upon entry.
  • Track resets for Grid placement at 3:45PM EDT
  • Microphones are not allowed during the race, please turn them OFF
  • Drivers are highly encouraged to race CLEAN
  • If you have a problem with another driver, please send them a PM
  • A mandatory mid-race pit stop is required

Division 2 Race Information:

• Qualifying deadline is 7:00PM EDT Sunday.
  • Races will be held on Sunday at 10:00PM EDT. Room opens at 9:00PM EDT (Convert HERE)
  • Races will be approximately 1 hour in length (60 minutes)
  • Open practice is allowed upon entry.
  • Track resets for Grid placement at 9:45PM EDT
  • Microphones are not allowed during the race, please turn them OFF
  • Drivers are highly encouraged to race CLEAN
  • If you have a problem with another driver, please send them a PM
  • A mandatory mid-race pit stop is required

banners_rules.png

1. Race Stewards

The people listed below are given rights to authorize rules and regulations in my absence, should they arise. If I am not around to answer a specific question, or cannot attend a race for personal reasons, drivers should contact any of them for answers. If I am absent for any reason, one (or two) of the steward(s) listed below will host that weekends race(s). During these particular races, there will be NO safety car periods.
  • RIP_Welsh_Don
  • Litchi
  • Wardez
  • BrosifDuder
  • Denilson
  • CSLACR
  • Paginas1
  • OwensRacing
  • redreevos
  • WiiFreak
  • Scanny_Flick
  • GV27
  • Dr_Watson
  • Supersic
  • MULE_9242
  • IforceV8
  • twisterfirework
  • outlaw4rc
2. Basic Rule Set

The following rule set is based on the GTPlanet OnLine Racing (OLR) Rules & Guidlines posted HERE. The following rules may have been modified for use in FMSC and will be strictly inforced:

1. You are expected to compete in a fair and honest manner. With fair and honest is meant according to the these rules, and the GTP online racing rules, not according to your own interpretation of fair and honest.
  2. You are expected to drive responsibly in a way that’s not likely to ruin the racing enjoyment of your fellow drivers.
  3. You are expected not to submit to bad general behavior under all circumstances.
  4. The position of other drivers must always be respected.
  5. The white lines that run the length of each track are considered the track boundaries. This boundary extends in the corners to include the rumble strips.
  6. Each driver is expected to keep at least two (x2) tires within these boundaries at all times.
  7. Cutting the chicanes or "shorting" the track at any point is strictly prohibited on all parts of the track, including the asphalt-areas behind out-of track-lines. Taking shortcuts to make up time during a race will NOT be tolerated!
  8. No careless driving. Always show respect for your fellow racers. Be careful. Show some patience. Understand the limitations of your car and yourself and drive accordingly.
  9. Quitting the race and parking your car on the side of the race track is distracting to other drivers, and is strictly prohibited.
  10. If you are found guilty of any of these rules, the behavior will be evaluated and penalty assessed by the Race Steward(s).
  11. As a general rule, if there isn’t a stated rule, then the rules as they are within a program will apply - both intentional and coincidental. I.e. the way a matter is handled by a racing program is the way that it will be interpreted by the Race Steward(s).
3. Event Participation

If for any reason you know prior to a race you’ll be unable to attend, please PM me as soon as possible. If you fail to advise me of your intention to be absent in sufficient time before the start of any two consecutive events, you run the risk of being excluded from future events.

banners_settings.png
Anyone that is on the current registration list is allowed to open a practice room, as long as there is not already one open. It is highly recommended that when you leave, make sure random people that are not part of the series do not take over the room.

1. Recommended Room Settings:
  • Connection: NAT Type 1 or NAT Type 2
  • Microphones: OFF
  • Race Quality: High
2. Event Settings:
  • Boost: OFF
  • Penalty: NONE
  • Grip Reduction: REAL
  • Visible Damage: OFF
  • Mechanical Damage: FULL
  • Slipstream: WEAK
  • Tire / Fuel Consumption: ON
  • Grid Type: Grid with False Start Check
3. Regulation Settings:
  • Performance Points: Unrestricted
  • Power: 266 HP or Less
  • Weight: 790kg
  • Drivetrain: FR
  • Tire Restrictions: Sports Soft
  • Vehicle Tuning: Unrestricted
  • Skid Recovery: OFF
  • Driving Line: OFF
  • Active Steering: OFF
  • TCS: OFF
  • ASM: OFF
  • ABS: Optional

banners_qualipro.png
  • Each driver will be allowed one (x1) attempt at qualifying for each weeks race using the following format:
    • Race set to 4 laps
    • Lap 1 = Warmup
      [*]Lap 2 = Timed
      [*]Lap 3 = Timed
      [*]Lap 4 = Cool down & exit
  • Your single best lap time from laps 2 & 3 will count towards your grid placement.
  • Qualifying runs can be made on a daily basis through one of the race stewards. If you need to qualify for the current event, post in this thread that you would like to make a qualifying run around a certain time, and a race steward should contact you shortly. If you are a race steward yourself, there must be another race steward present for the laps to count!
  • Division 1 Qualifying cut-off is 1:00PM EST Saturday..
  • Division 2 Qualifying cut-off is 7:00PM EST Sunday..
  • If there are open spots on the grid, drivers who have not qualified can join the race, but will retain a provisional start at the rear of the field.
  • 14 total grid spots are open for each division. This leaves two spots open in the room, 1 for the Race Director and 1 for an assistant, should there be one available.
  • Not everyone will get a chance to race every week. Unfortunately that's how racing goes some times.
  • Drivers that are unsuccessful at qualifying for the Hydra Tuning World Championship races will be allowed to attend the Hard Dog Challenge Series race for that day. These drivers will not be allowed to qualify for the HDCS, but will start with a provisional at the rear of the field.

banners_racepro.png
  • Drivers will enter the track based on qualifying times, as instructed by the Race Director. Wait until your name has been called!
  • After entering the track, drivers are welcome to circle the track during their warm up lap and make their way to the front straight.
  • You will then self-grid by parking your car in the correct position on the grid. Each week a pre-race post will be made to instruct drivers on where they need to place their cars. Any questions need to be brought up prior to actual race start!
  • The P1 driver at this time is expected to NOT pass the start/finish line. That goes for any other driver! Approach your grid position slowly and make sure you are lined up correctly in the box.
  • Once the field is in position, the Race Director will start the 40 second count-down to race start.
  • Every race on the schedule will require at least one (x1) mid-race pit stop!
  • These pit stops are to be made no earlier than 5 laps after the start of the race, and no later than 5 laps before the finish. Drivers that make stops during this time will be penalized.
  • Vehicles that have any form of damage may pit in these 5-Lap windows without penalty.
  • Drivers that quit any race for any reason will forfeit all points they may have earned for that particular race. (This does not include disconnects which are no fault of said driver)
  • Any race finish that results in a tie between two or more drivers, will be corrected by examining each drivers fastest lap time during that race.

banners_safetycar.png
  • Safety Car periods may arise for major incidents like major wrecks, or where a heavily damaged car is having trouble getting to pit road.
  • On track incidents that happen with less than 3 laps to go will NOT receive a safety car period.
  • For these types of incidents, the Race Director signals "SAFETY CAR" in the message box, the current race leading car is expected to slow their speed to 60mph. (96kph)
  • The remaining cars in the field will then catch up to the leader and remain in a single file line. Be careful of the cars around you!
  • Warming of tires during the safety car period is NOT allowed.
  • Safety car periods can last from 1 to 2 laps, depending on the incident.
  • Pit-stops are allowed during a safety car period, at any time. When re-entering the track, line up behind the rear-most car in line.
  • If all cars pit under caution, the first car out of pit road will become the "safety car".
  • The first car one or more lap(s) down will have a chance to get one (x1) of those laps back during this period.
  • When given the "OK to Restart" signal, the leader will then re-start the race at the start/finish line.
  • Other information or instructions from the Race Director can come at any time, please be aware of the message box.
banners_points.png

Points awarded based on position:
1st - 24 | 2nd - 22 | 3rd - 20 | 4th - 18 | 5th - 16 | 6th - 14 | 7th - 12
8th - 10 | 9th - 8 | 10th - 6 | 11th - 4 | 12th - 3 | 13th - 2 | 14th - 1

Bonus points available:
1st - 3 | 2nd - 1 | 3rd - 1 | Pole - 1 | Fast Lap - 1

Team Points:
1st - 10 | 2nd - 8 | 3rd - 6 | 4th - 5 | 5th - 4 | 6th - 3 | 7th - 2 | 8th - 1

**Drivers are allowed to drop two (x2) races towards their total points tally**
**Drivers that quit any race for any reason will forfeit any points they may have earned for that particular race.**

banners_legal.png

• All the information contained in this post is for FMSC use only! If you would like to use this format for your own racing series, please contact me first or I will consider it stealing and will report it.
  • Flyin' Miata, Hydra EMS, Hard Dog Fabrication logos are used with permission from respective companies. Any attempt to use these logos without the written consent of their owners is strictly prohibited.
  • Those that would like to link to this series, please use the following link: http://bit.ly/htwcmain

Last edited:

banners_thecar.png
1. Stats
  • Mazda Roadster TC
  • 265hp @ 7500rpm
  • 210 lb/ft @ 6500rpm
  • 795kg
2. Installed Parts
  • Body / Chassis
    • Chassis Reinforcement* (optional)
  • Engine
    • ECU Tuning
    • Engine Upgrade Stage 2
  • Intake System
    • Sports Intake Manifold
    • Racing Air Filter
  • Exhaust
    • Sports Exhaust Manifold
    • Sports Catalytic Converter
    • Titanium Racing Exhaust
  • Supercharger
    • Supercharger Installed*
  • Transmission
    • Fully Customizable Transmission
  • Drivetrain
    • Twin Plate Clutch
    • Semi-Racing Flywheel
    • Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
    • Limited Slip Differential
  • Suspension
    • Fully Customizable Kit
  • Brakes
    • Brake Balance Controller
* = New parts.

banners_registration.png
  • Signups are ALWAYS open! No limit to the number of people allowed to register!
  • This season you will be required to provide a team name, for running in the team championship. Each team should consist of 1 to 2 drivers. They do not have to be in the same division.
  • Make sure your car colors are final, as they can NOT be changed after the season has started.
  • If you choose a duplicate car number, I will PM you to request a different one.
  • Please use generic color names when registering. (Blue, Red, Yellow, etc)
  • Chrome colored cars are prohibited. (Wheels are OK)
  • If you have already registered and need to make changes, please PM me. Do NOT re-register.
  • Drivers that register then promptly fail to show up for the first race will be deleted from the registration list, unless you notify me otherwise.
  • Please check the registration list HERE before registering, to ensure that your number and colors have not been claimed by another driver.

banners_drivers.png

team_logo_altf4.png
team_logo_bortech.png

team_logo_bovril.png
team_logo_budlt.png

team_logo_emirates.png
fox_moto2.png

team_logo_hendrick2.png
team_logo_jdeere.png

team_logo_mandingo.png
team_logo_mexico.png

team_logo_nikon.png
team_logo_OTL.png

team_logo_rarebit.png
team_logo_RDS.png

team_logo_rookie.png
team_logo_royal2.png

team_logo_scudmaz4.png
team_logo_canada.png

team_logo_turtle2.png
team_logo_YMS2.png

banners_schedule.png

fmsc4_map_2.png

Race 7, a Custom Eifel Circuit, has been canceled.
Races 8, 9, & 10 are now races 7, 8, & 9.

race_details_spapre2.png

race_details_suzuka2.png

race_details_tokyo2.png

race_details_murray.png

race_details_laguna2.png

race_details_indy2.png

race_details_nurb2.png

race_details_monza2.png

race_details_spa2.png

race_details_monaco2.png

race_details_lagunacw2.png

Race Information | Qualifying Results | Race Results | Updated Standings | Tunes

Last edited:
tune_shop_banner.png

If you would like to share a tune that you have for a specific track, or even if it is universal, fill out the form here and post the resulting image in the thread. I will then move it to this post.

tuningsheetlitchi.png
tunes_wardez_spa.png

tunes_outlaw_univ.png
pngcarsetup.php

pngcarsetup.png
pngcarsetup.php

pngcarsetup.php

Last edited:
First! :)

I know, lame! :lol:

Can't believe that my setup is the universal one...for now. That will change quickly. :dunce:

Sweet we are go go go :dopey:.

BTW great choice of tracks RT 👍.

After the wildcard race cant wait to hit Suzuka again :D.

A bit dispointed my car isnt being used for the spec sheet like last time though :sly:.

Signed up and currently accepting applications for a team-mate to join Rarebit Racing! :sly: Division 2 for me.

Great job on the layout Jason 👍

Every link sends me to the 2nd post :boggled:. Tiredness = blindness found the big register button :dunce:.

A bit dispointed my car isnt being used for the spec sheet like last time though :sly:.

I haven't posted the specs yet. Forgot them. :lol:

Edit: Every link? Shouldn't be. Click the tune shop...

Edit 2: All working for me...

Didnt click that one yet ;).

Ive registered my #77 Pirtek colours and my team name well Pirtek Racing :lol:.

Team Red Bull is back in business! 👍

Anyone that wants to be part of this great organization is stuck with the silver and red car. :lol:

Hmm if I wanted to be real like that too the 2nd Pirtek would need to be White/Red ;).

st_7305_7239.jpg

I'm busy updating the OP. :P

Edit: Car information still missing. Will update on Sunday.

Last edited:
A quick question as I couldn't find it in the OP: Can you change the wheel base as well as the colour? Thanks.

So happy to see the thread!

This is the beginning of epic!

Congrat's every one!

Super excited for the schedule :D

I just started up my yellow car team: Nikon International Motorspot (NIM)
One spot up for grabs in D1 :D

I've signed up as this is pretty much a perfect series for me. I don't use ABS and I use cockpit but I am getting confident with no ABS as it makes my car feel more alive. :)

Also, in the sign up sheet, for wheel colour I put the rims I'm using and the stock colour of the rims. Is this ok?

EDIT: I don't mind the team I'm in.

I'm in aswell :D, glad to see a D1 on Saturday much better time for me :). I made my own racing team but if anyone wants a 2nd driver for their team I'm available. Also as always Turbo THIS LOOKS AWSOME !!!:drool: :bowdown::cheers:

Registered for D1. :)

I'll try to round up Wiifreak as my teammate again, and if I can't, then Müle Mötorsports / team Canada / team Steath GT-R has an opening!

REGISTERED!!! WOOOO!!! YEAH! FMSC baby :lol:

I put the same car number and colors from FMSC 3. By the way, team name is Bortech Racing. Anyone wants to join, feel free. 👍

OMG this made my morning LOL. I'll sign up for D2 as soon as I figure out my colors :D

REGISTERED!!! WOOOO!!! YEAH! FMSC baby :lol:

I put the same car number and colors from FMSC 3. By the way, team name is Bortech Racing. Anyone wants to join, feel free. 👍

Are you D1 or D2, if your D1 I would like to join.

Super excited for this race series. Best of luck to all. See you on the track. :)

Latest Posts

Back