Gt5 bathurst leaked?

• Thread starter dodge2217
  • 1,021 comments
Well, if the flooding stops, I'll go through Bathurst on my way back home to Adelaide next week to find out for myself!... But that doesn't seem likely right now.

Flooding has stopped and its sunny as nothing else here, hopefully the rain predicted for the whole of next week holds off for you 👍

Make sure you don't go faster than 60 km/h though, :sly:

Wait, the limits 60km/h now? :sly: :lol:

Yes, they actually did due to the "pleading and ranting". It was always voted up on the feedback section as well.

If Kaz really wanted Spa to be in GT5, he would have had PD put it in there in the first place.

Well, Spa was one of the GT5: Prologue backdrop, location/screensaver thingies so I think it was...sort of "planned", it just didn't get finished in time. And us pleading and ranting for it constantly was the reason, I think anyway, that it was picked as the first DLC track.

Yes, they actually did due to the "pleading and ranting". It was always voted up on the feedback section as well.

If Kaz really wanted Spa to be in GT5, he would have had PD put it in there in the first place.

That's complete nonsense. Just because Spa wasn't in the game from the beginning doesn't mean Kaz didn't really want it in the game to begin with. The simple fact could've been they didn't have enough time. Are you suggesting that Kaz didn't want the Remote Racing or the update that introduced the Seasonal Events to be in GT5 considering they weren't in the game from the beginning?

I really look forward to Bathurst in GT5 or GT6.

I've never raced on it in a game. Glad Australia gets some love.

That maybe a good thing. :) I really hope Bathurst really does come in GT5 or in GT6, but mostly in GT5 and have events for it. ;) I wonder what the next update maybe as well.

I study at the Mt. Panorama Motorsport Training centre Bathurst and can tell you that a large team from polyphony are currently at the track mapping it out and getting all measurements for a new game, I can't garentee it will be a gt5 update but I think it is very likely. If any of you live in or near Bathurst you should head to the track and have a look and watch what they are doing because it is amazing to see.

Gahh, If only I had a way out to the track I could head out there and confirm your story...

EDIT: I have a mate who is headed up there now to see if they are still there... Hold tight...

That's complete nonsense. Just because Spa wasn't in the game from the beginning doesn't mean Kaz didn't really want it in the game to begin with. The simple fact could've been they didn't have enough time. Are you suggesting that Kaz didn't want the Remote Racing or the update that introduced the Seasonal Events to be in GT5 considering they weren't in the game from the beginning?

He knew that the fanbase would have went ape**** if Spa wasn't added to GT5 at some point. If Kaz really wanted Spa in GT5, he wouldn't have waited to add it so late.

PD worked on 27 different tracks prior to the release of Spa. Most people on this forum would have gladly waited for many of those tracks to be DLC if they could get Spa immediately on-disc. This number shows that Kaz clearly didn't have Spa high on his list of priorities. It was #28 on his list of tracks to render.

Nismo34
Gahh, If only I had a way out to the track I could head out there and confirm your story...

EDIT: I have a mate who is headed up there now to see if they are still there... Hold tight...

I have family in Bathurst but they work in orange so couldn't get them to confirm also. I assume it would take at least a good day if not two days to scan a track but Bathurst autofest is in this weekend so I doubt that they would of started a two day scan knowing that a car event will take place on the mount ( sorta like power cruise some what)

I have family in Bathurst but they work in orange so couldn't get them to confirm also. I assume it would take at least a good day if not two days to scan a track but Bathurst autofest is in this weekend so I doubt that they would of started a two day scan knowing that a car event will take place on the mount ( sorta like power cruise some what)

My mate just got back to me. 5 guys, walking the mount, Hi-Visibility Vests and DSLR cameras with "🤬 huge lenses" Thoughts?

My mate just got back to me. 5 guys, walking the mount, Hi-Visibility Vests and DSLR cameras with "🤬 huge lenses" Thoughts?

Oh 🤬 yeah!

Vettel, please get on your motorbike, take a photo and come back to us. Plllleeeeaaassseee ;)

It's about a 3 hour drive, so I'm tempted to go and have a look, but it's hard for me to fit it in at the moment as I have a lot to do before I head to the F1 next weekend, and also there's no guarantee they'll be there when I get there.

I'm going to send the track an e-mail and see if they can shed any extra light on this.

CorvetteConquer
Glad Australia gets some love.

About bloody time too, I want Bathurst so I can run my SS on it lol

Froudeybrand
Still 60km or 80km if ya don't get caught lol

Or 300km if you cover the speed camera with a plastic bag lol

VEHoldenSS
In SA that would be about a $600 fine for 30 over or $300 for 10 over.

$710 for 30-45km over in NSW

$1915 for 45 and over

Last edited:
Ok, I am not sure if it actually was pd crew as sisterinlaw was at the mount panorama hotel for majority of the day and she didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Could of been Marshall's or some sort for next weekends autofest.

But you never know. Cause if they are infact pd personal and are taking photos etc (not sure how they do there scanning just heard what was seen previously) surely it would take longer then 12 plus hours in one day to correctly measure etc etc the track really the top would be a lengthy process.

They have been there since Monday and we were wondering what they were doing, but found out yesterday who they were and what they were doing because track manage ment told us as their helicopter was going to be landing next to us during the day, Im assuming they will be there for a few more days.

jjh101
They have been there since Monday and we were wondering what they were doing, but found out yesterday who they were and what they were doing because track manage ment told us as their helicopter was going to be landing next to us during the day, Im assuming they will be there for a few more days.

Interesting. Should go up there tomorrow and ask them video of them of course ask what they are doing? ;)

Froudeybrand
Interesting. Should go up there tomorrow and ask them video of them of course ask what they are doing? ;)

I'll see what I can do but the are all Asian do I don't know if they speek english, but I'll see what I can do.

Well I guess that seals it, Bathurst is coming :)

I wonder if it'll be GT5 DLC or GT6... I believe the two years per track everyone talks about refers to Nurburgring, which is about four times the size of the Mount Panorama circuit. So the course may be ready in 6 months time... Heres hoping 👍

It may be a pretty long time until we get to race on Mount Panorama, but the evidence is very clear.....unless they're working for another studio. :sly: But that's not the case according to some users here. ^^

Well I guess that seals it, Bathurst is coming :)

I wonder if it'll be GT5 DLC or GT6... I believe the two years per track everyone talks about refers to Nurburgring, which is about four times the size of the Mount Panorama circuit. So the course may be ready in 6 months time... Heres hoping 👍

No, the two years per track is referring to single man hours, not real time. Just like the figure of 6 months to build a car does. So two people could build a track in one year, four in 6 months, 8 in 3 months. You get the idea.

With that being said, I still wouldn't expect this as GT5 DLC. It's too late in the game to put out a huge track like this. The only way they would do it is if much more content came with it, like relevant cars AND A-Spec events. The track on it's own would be a foolish waste in 3 months time.

Back