1/4 Drag: The Car Classes

• Thread starter DLR
  • 416 comments
Why don't you ask slashfan, DLR, and the Indy guys about how quick mine or the other GME tunnel tunes are on Indy. Go and do some research through the GT5 section here with Indy guys running their mouths about how 🤬 tunnel racers are only to get their butts handed to them over a 1/4 mile with a GME tunnel tune by me, d2 or cooldude. Don't make the same mistake they made thinking that tunnel tunes don't work at Indy. :cool:

I can vouch for this. Tunnel tunes at Indy are extremely good. Well usually, if it's anyone from ProSpeed or GME and very few solo tuners can keep up and win sometimes. My Indy Enzo just slightly beat mafia's Tunnel Enzo and my Ford GT and ACR got destroyed by the rest of them. They won by about a car's length.

I can vouch for this. Tunnel tunes at Indy are extremely good. Well usually, if it's anyone from ProSpeed or GME and very few solo tuners can keep up and win sometimes. My Indy Enzo just slightly beat mafia's Tunnel Enzo and my Ford GT and ACR got destroyed by the rest of them. They won by about a car's length.

Yes I ran ProSpeed and mafia. Beat them by a car at least but they fail to see one car length at Indy = 10 car lengths at SSR7 :D

I agree that a tunnel tune can translate to the 1/4mile rather well..

however don't make the same mistake that so many people make, just because you beat a few people at indy, doesn't mean that your enzo is as fast as all the enzos at indy.

a car at the tunnel isn't a big deal, a car in the 1/4mile might as well be half track.

however don't make the same mistake that so many people make, just because you beat a few people at indy, doesn't mean that your enzo is as fast as all the enzos at indy.

a car at the tunnel isn't a big deal, a car in the 1/4mile might as well be half track.

Exactly.

Actually a car length at the tunnel is very important, mainly because the guy your racing could have terrible acceleration and be 6 car length's behind. But when he might have a monster of a top end and pull You back within 1 car gets fun and interesting. So no matter what distance your are from one another its always important.

Actually a car length at the tunnel is very important, mainly because the guy your racing could have terrible acceleration and be 6 car length's behind. But when he might have a monster of a top end and pull You back within 1 car gets fun and interesting. So no matter what distance your are from one another its always important.

I've raced at the tunnel quite a few times now and I can say you know who's going to win within 10 seconds after the launch, if you are running the same car, much like Indy. Yes you get the "GT-R vs Speed 12" scenario once in a while where one gets the launch while the other gets the win, but with the same cars there isn't much difference between SSR7 and Indy.

I think someone needs to post a thread with all the similarities and differences between the two so people can choose where to go.

I guess drag racing is a matter of luck and skill. If you are in bad luck for sure you will never win a race:banghead: same goes if you don't have the skill - skill will help you on what to do during such situation. Combining this two will surely push you to the finish line...:cheers:

I guess drag racing is a matter of luck and skill. If you are in bad luck for sure you will never win a race:banghead: same goes if you don't have the skill - skill will help you on what to do during such situation. Combining this two will surely push you to the finish line...:cheers:

How exactly does luck come into the equation? I think connection and the ability to "tree" people is more important than luck?

And you don't even need skill! There's people that just leech tunes from their team etc...

Yes I ran ProSpeed and mafia. Beat them by a car at least but they fail to see one car length at Indy = 10 car lengths at SSR7 :D

No, a carlength is a carlength, no matter how you look at it. The distance of the race is irrelevant. I understand your point of view but look at the NHRA itself. The nitro categories run to 1000ft, and the alcohol categories run the full 1/4 mile but the distance between the winner and loser is still calculated the same.

That I totally agree with and clearly explain this whenever I race, that I'm racing tunnel tunes. It means I get an even share of wins/losses which makes the racing fun for me.

A car in the tunnel might aswell be half track to us aswell. But like I said, distance is irrelevant.

No, a carlength is a carlength, no matter how you look at it. The distance of the race is irrelevant. I understand your point of view but look at the NHRA itself. The nitro categories run to 1000ft, and the alcohol categories run the full 1/4 mile but the distance between the winner and loser is still calculated the same.
...not when you measure the time difference.

I have found that while dragging at Indy, too many people are matching themselves up with cars they can't beat or cars they will defiantly beat. Example? Viper ACR vs Ferrari 458.... Nissan GT-R vs Toyota Supra... Either some people think they have amazing tunes or they don't know what they are racing against.

This thread will classify the cars into groups that make them all capable of beating any of the other cars in their class.

Keys: I color coded the cars in each class based on their performance. The cars are still capable of beating each other but some cars have small advantages that are not significant enough to move them into another class.

- Red
= Fastest cars in their class and most likely to win.
- Blue
= Will beat the cars in red ONLY if their tune is very good
- Black = Least likely to win. Still possible but not of the tune quality is equal on both cars and they both get an even launch.

*new*Launch Rating: I will rate each of these cars launch on a scale of 1 - 10; 1 being a horrible launch and 10 being a godly launch :D

Class 0: Hypercars - Top end cars that will dominate everything else (Besides X1)
~ Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09 (Trap 172mph, Launch - 10)
~ Any of the Formula cars
(Trap 185mph, Launch - 5)
~ Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trail Car '98 (Trap 166mph, Launch - 8)

Class 1: Street Hypercars - Non-Ridiculous cars that are still very good.
~ Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 (Trap 155mph, Launch - 10)
~ Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08 (Trap 165mph, Launch - 6)
~ Audi Le Mans Quattro '03 (Trap 158mph, Launch - 9)
~ Ferrari Enzo '02 (Trap 167mph, Launch - 5)
~ Ford GT (No Stripe) '05
(Trap 163mph, Launch - 7)
~ Tommykaira ZZII '00 (Trap 157mph, Launch - 8)
~ Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe '06 (Trap 162mph, Launch - 6)
~ Dodge Viper GTS '02 (Trap 161mph, Launch - 6)
~ Dodge Viper SRT10 '03 (Trap 162mph, Launch - 6)
~ Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09 (Trap 163mph, Launch - 5)
~ Mercedes SLR McLaren (19 Inch Wheel) '09 (Trap 159mph, Launch - 7)
~ Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce (Trap 154mph, Launch - 9)

Class 2: Sub Street Hypercars - Still fast cars but can't compete with the cars in Class 2.
~ Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 (Trap 159mph, Launch - 5)
~ Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06
(Trap 158mph, Launch - 6)
~ Nissan GT-R Concept (Tokyo Motor Show 2001)
(Trap 151mph, Launch - 10)
~ Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09 (Trap 155mph, Launch - 9)
~ McLaren F1 '94 (Trap 166mph, Launch - 3)
~ Cadillac Cien Concept '02 (Trap 165mph, Launch - 4)
~ Audi Nuvolari '03 (Trap 152mph, Launch - 9)
~ Pagani Zonda C12S 7.3 '02 (Trap 162mph, Launch - 5)
~ McLaren MP4-12C '10 (Trap 159mph, Launch - 4)
~ Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nur '02 (Trap 151mph, Launch - 8)
~ Audi RS6
(Trap 152mph, Launch - 9)
~ TVR Cerbera Speed 12 (Trap 167mph, Launch - 3)
~ Mercedes SL 65 AMG(R230) (Trap 157mph, Launch - 5)
~ Mercades SL 600 (R230) '04 (Trap 157mph, Launch - 5)
~ Shelby Cobra 427 (Trap 158mph, Launch - 5)
~ Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09 (Trap 152mph, Launch - 9)
~ Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 (Trap 150mph, Launch - 9)

Class 3: Street Muscle - American Muscle cars and some others go here.
~ Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe '04 (Trap 144mph, Launch - 5)
~ Buick Special (Trap 153mph, Launch - 4)
~ Saleen S7 '02 (156mph, Launch - 4)
~ Dodge Challenger R/T (NOT TESTED)
~ Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 (Trap 142mph, Launch - 5)
~ Ford Mustang STV Cobra R '00 (145, Launch - 6)
~ Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack (Trap 148mph, Launch - 5)
~ Tempest Le Mans GTO (Trap 145mph, Launch - 5)
~ Chevrolet Camaro SS ('69) (NOT TESTED)
~ Mercury Cougar XR-7 (147mph, Launch - 5)
~ Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 (145mph, Launch - 5)
~ Ferrari 458 Italia '09 (Trap 150mph, Launch - 6)
~ Plymouth Superbird (146mph, Launch - 5)
~ Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT (141mph, Launch - 8)
~ Dodge Charger Super Bee 426 Hemi (153mph, Launch - 5)
~ Callaway C12 (146mph, Launch - 5)
~ BMW M5 (145mph, Launch - 6)
~ Ruf CTR2 '96 (Trap 143mph, Launch - 8)
~ Toyota Supra (147mph, Launch - 4)
~ Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07 (Trap 145mph, Launch - 6)
~ Lexus LFA (Trap 150mph, Launch - 6)
~ Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (R33) '97 (Trap 143mph, Launch - 7)

Class 4: Street Supercars - More "Normal" cars that are still quite quick on their feet. Also some of the heavier and less powerful Muscle Cars.
~ Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX TT2Seater (Z232) '89 (143mph, Launch - 5)
~ Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07 (143mph, Launch - 4)
~ HPA Motorsports Stage II R32 (140, Launch - 7)
~ Audi Pikes Peak Quattro (NOT TESTED)
~ Shelby GT350R (NOT TESTED)
~ Dodge Charger 440 R/T (NOT TESTED)
~ Mazda RX-7 (Trap 144mph, Launch - 6)
~ Mustang Mach 1 (NOT TESTED)
~ Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo (Trap 143mph, Launch - 6)
~ Shelby Series One Super Charged (NOT TESTED)
~ Maserati GranTurismo S '08 (Trap 140mph, Launch - 5)

Class 5:
Street Sports Cars - Much more tame and less powerful cars that can still surprise you.
~ Dodge RAM (NOT TESTED)
~ Honda NSX-R Road Car (Trap 142mph, Launch - 5)
~ Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe (Trap 138mph, Launch - 4)
~ Dodge SRT4 (NOT TESTED)
~ Jaguar XJ220 (Trap 142mph, Launch - 4)
~ Buick GNX '87 (Trap 133, Launch - 5)

Class 6: Sub Level Street Sports Cars - Less powerful versions of Class 6 cars.
~ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR '07 (131mph, Launch - 8)
~ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR '05 (133mph, Launch - 8)
~ Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR '99 (Trap 131mph, Launch - 8)
~ Amuse Nismo 380RS Super Leggera (Trap 133mph, Launch - 5)
~ Land Rover Range Stormer Concept (NOT TESTED)
~ Subaru Impreza WRX STI '07 (Trap 133mph, Launch - 8)
~ Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C (NOT TESTED)
~ Nascars (Trap 150, Launch - 2)

Now that's all I can think of right now. I know lots if you will say "Hey I beat a car from a higher class!"; well yea, these are if the cars are properly tuned. I have beat an Enzo with my Dodge RAM before so a tune matters a lot. There's a lot more to add to this list so please give me your suggestions.

Please, NO MORE HATEFUL POSTS! Unless you know a thing or two about dragging at Indy, don't post a comment hating on this for no reason other than making yourself look like a fool.

Good Job!

Ok here we go.

Class 2: Sub Street Hypercars - Still fast cars but can't compete with the cars in Class 2.

I love the cobra, but EVERY car below it on the list will beat it.

~ Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 (Trap 158mph, Launch - 6)

These two cars should be in the black, and the whole list in black should be in blue.

~ Chevrolet Camaro SS ('69) (NOT TESTED) should be right with the GNX

Class 4: Street Supercars - More "Normal" cars that are still quite quick on their feet. Also some of the heavier and less powerful Muscle Cars.

~ Dodge Charger 440 R/T (NOT TESTED) belongs with the Chevelle
~ Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07 (143mph, Launch - 4) belongs in class 5 and the 05 mustang should be right with the svt.

There are more cars that should be added, and more errors with the list, but it's a start.

Ok here we go.

I love the cobra, but EVERY car below it on the list will beat it.

~ Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06 (Trap 158mph, Launch - 6)

I have no idea why the Cobra was in red, good catch đź‘Ť

These two cars should be in the black, and the whole list in black should be in blue.

~ Chevrolet Camaro SS ('69) (NOT TESTED) should be right with the GNX

I feel as though these cars would beat the black ones more convincingly than lose to the faster ones in the "blue" class. These should stay in blue IMO.

~ Dodge Charger 440 R/T (NOT TESTED) belongs with the Chevelle
~ Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07 (143mph, Launch - 4) belongs in class 5 and the 05 mustang should be right with the svt.

There are more cars that should be added, and more errors with the list, but it's a start.

Done. But Mustang isn't THAT bad....

I have no idea why the Cobra was in red, good catch đź‘Ť

I feel as though these cars would beat the black ones more convincingly than lose to the faster ones in the "blue" class. These should stay in blue IMO.

Done. But Mustang isn't THAT bad....

No really, the superbee and superbird are much slower than the 440/chevelle/cuda. Also the challenger 70 r/t should be up with the chevelle/440/cuda and the challenger 70 r/t RM should be up with the cougar. Also yes the premium 07 is much slower than the 05 and svt.

I agree with eight here. The '07 Mustang is slower than the SVT and '05, and noticably so.

My SVT is great. Lucky tune for me, as I'm not a great tuner. I've beaten all other SVTs except 2. And I've beaten every '07 '05 and Mach 1. Also several trans cammers, but haven't versed them as much.

My SVT is great. Lucky tune for me, as I'm not a great tuner. I've beaten all other SVTs except 2. And I've beaten every '07 '05 and Mach 1. Also several trans cammers, but haven't versed them as much.

You should run my Mach 1 =P, probably will lose though since the car is so damn heavy đź‘Ž

How about I just tell you where they go?

r35 at indy is about 2 cars ahead of anything else
r34 runs with the reg r35
r33 runs with the reg r34
r32 is about a car behind that.

Challenger is about a car faster than the reg one, about even with the RM 2010 Camaro.

How about I just tell you where they go?

r35 at indy is about 2 cars ahead of anything else
r34 runs with the reg r35
r33 runs with the reg r34
r32 is about a car behind that.

Challenger is about a car faster than the reg one, about even with the RM 2010 Camaro.

PERFECT!!! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?!?!???!?11!?!!!?!111 lol

I know... but why put traps speeds of the "1/4 mile" when no one drags to that?
*Almost* everyone drags to the shadow. Including all the "pro" tuners.
See where I'm coming from?

I wouldn't say all do. But yeah.

Back