This is such a disappointing site

• Thread starter Rouward
  • 153 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right that Forza has similar problems with sticking in it's little groove.

Although it did release a spin-off featuring night/weather/rally and an open world. Surely that counts for something.
I would say yes it does count for something and some people really like it but for some of us who loved FM 2 the creation of FH just shows us that they are continuing in a wrong direction. FM2 is still a better game than any FM title that has came after it.

If GT would just give us a proper set of leaderboards, the abiltiy to turn off collisions in a public lobby, give us some more options for setting up races online and increase the prize credits in online races then I would be content to keep playing GT.

I really miss the online system from FM2 and and miss the leaderboards from FM in general. It adds tons of re-playability to the game to have those leaderboards and be able to compete with your friends for best lap times on various tracks in whatever kind of cars.

So, uh, why is this thread still open?
Better than posting the exact existing thread all over again like most of new threads in GT6 Section.

Even if GT6 do suck atleast PD could spew a worthy news to discuss, not a generic statement like "Sound will be better" or "Later in the future update". We are basically bored TBH.

EDIT: Become member shaming. Yeah just close it altogether.

Last edited:
I really miss the online system from FM2 and and miss the leaderboards from FM in general. It adds tons of re-playability to the game to have those leaderboards and be able to compete with your friends for best lap times on various tracks in whatever kind of cars.

.....Rivals?

There will always be unhappy people and unhappy people will always be motivated to share their opinion. That's a universal truth.

Satisfaction is not a good motivation for action.

It's not fair to judge the whole GTPlanet community by the GT6/7 section but I have to agree in that portion of the forum with an aside.

The problem are not the complains hidden under "the free of speech" premise used to make a valid daily basis post habit to bomb any forum thread 24/7 with no related consequences, it's how that "free of speech" works depending of at what game are you pointing your complains.

Diversity of opinions are expected and fair complains are needed, that's a no brainer, but anyone that have been involved in the Forza forums or even in GT forums trying to discuss any Forza's negatives over GT be prepared to be targeted, censored and harrassed with "too much reading" personal claims, no matter how good you expose or explain your game related point in the discussion. No matter if you enter only ocasionally to reply to things that you see wrongly claimed against GT or to expose an opinion about a tech related topic. It becomes personal and a gang-thing to stop you to speak any negative about the game. Not even with the regular daily basis negative GT posters happens that, as is seen and they are defended in this thread.

As an example of how things work in the other side:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/forza-6-discussion.311837/page-2

That's to me the worst of "GTP", the false sense of "free of speech" and the aggressive censoring contrast and protectiveness depending of the forum side or game tastes. Oh and the insane insistence and time expended of some users to complain every day and trying to convince others in every post compared to the users that are enjoying or like more than hate the game (a much higher %). Repeating the same thing one hundred times does not make more valid but creates a false impression of reality that later can be adopted by many forum readers. Nothing that can't be solved with some reality check but affect the forum mood and can end giving an external bad impression of GTP as a fan site. You need to deal with it as this place has grown too much and is ruled in that way, very good for related info or GT news but not so good if you fit in what is a definition of fan, speaking of these general forum sections. This sadly has become an extension of the very avoidable news comments section.

Last edited:
It's not fair to judge the whole GTPlanet community by the GT6/7 section but I have to agree in that portion of the forum with an aside.

The problem are not the complains hidden under "the free of speech" premise used to make a valid daily basis post habit to bomb any forum thread 24/7 with no related consequences, it's how that "free of speech" works depending of at what game are you pointing your complains.

Diversity of opinions are expected and fair complains are needed, that's a no brainer, but anyone that have been involved in the Forza forums or even in GT forums trying to discuss any Forza's negatives over GT be prepared to be targeted, censored and harrassed with "too much reading" personal claims, no matter how good you expose or explain your game related point in the discussion. No matter if you enter only ocasionally to reply to things that you see wrongly claimed against GT or to expose an opinion about a tech related topic. It becomes personal and a gang-thing to stop you to speak any negative about the game. Not even with the regular daily basis negative GT posters happens that, as is seen and they are defended in this thread.

That's to me the worst of "GTP", the false sense of "free of speech" and the aggressive censoring contrast and protectiveness depending of the forum side or game tastes. Oh and the insane insistence and time expended of some users to complain every day and trying to convince others in every post compared to the users that are enjoying or like more than hate the game (a much higher %). Repeating the same thing one hundred times does not make more valid but creates a false impression of reality that later can be adopted by many forum readers. Nothing that can't be solved with some reality check but affect the forum mood and can end giving an external bad impression of GTP as a fan site. You need to deal with it as this place has grown too much and is ruled in that way, very good for related info or GT news but not so good if you fit in what is a definition of fan, speaking of these general forum sections. This sadly has become an extension of the very avoidable news comments section.
This thread is becoming very instructive...Good reading Zer0.

I think you are reading to much into the statement. Being a developer myself I can understand the comment and have made the same comment myself on several occasions related to my own software. It has nothing to do with being disappointed with the program but more related to the fact that you learn as you go and by the time you are done you would do it different if you were to do it over. This is almost always the case.

And being a developer myself, I interpreted the statement the same way as Imari and others.

The performance of this site is ofcourse related to how satisfied the customers are with the game.

If there was no GT, there would be no GTplanet...or it would atleast have a different name.

People complain alot here, and that is actually a compliment for PD.
They have a LOYAL fan base, who wish the game becomes "the ultimate simulator"
All these guys who complain, actually love this game. And take out the time to come here and vent, because GT is such a big part of their life. They can admit it or not.

This is a great site, its just that the current GT proved to be dissapointing, but GT7/PS4 will be kick ass.
We all know it and hope for it!

Come GT7, GTplanet will be like christmas.

I frequent many simracing forums, but GTPlanet is by far the most vibrant, and usually one of the best in terms of post quality and behaviour of the members.

People pining for improvements to GT6 just shows the level of commitment many in the community have for Gran Turismo. If it was some random game with a sequel which didn't live up to the original people would move on and never look back.

I thought Rivals had a full leaderboard system.
It may in Horizon, I'm not sure as I did not play that one much, didn't like it. I don't have FM5 so not sure what changes they have made since FM4.
In FM4 there is a leader board for rivals and times posted there go on the main leaderboards if they are better than the times you have on the main leaderboards already.
The Rivals only account for a small percentage of the leaderboards in FM4 though where as a full leaderboard system allows for posting times on every track in every class. Rivals allow [in FM4 at least] only to post times in the few tracks and classes that the rival events are set on.

They did pay well though.

I don't think I'll ever buy a Playstation or a copy of Gran Turismo again - a PS3 and GT6 were the last for me as I hardly ever turn the PS3 on these days. I now drive and race solely on the PC. Having said that though, I still love GTPlanet, continue to visit and will continue to do so in the future.

First things first, the complaints about GT6 are nothing when compared to GT5's.

Secondly, the community only reacts to how the current game is, objectively and when compared to the competition. What I want to say is that GTP is not a community of complainers per se - I actually think it's most likely the best community in simracing as a whole.
For example, when you consider the circumstances -something we fans can-, GT6 is a very much lackluster product and PD's communication has been very much lacking, hence why the constant complaints. On the other hand, if you take a look at iRacing's subforum here, or at other games covered here, people there are really content and practically no one criticizes the game, because it's really that good. It depends on the current game.

Anyway, I'll say that both the genre and the GT series is in a transition period. The last breakthrough was in around 2010, with GT5 and many titles on consoles and on the PC. Sadly, the GT series didn't deliver in this whole console generation, so I'm looking forward to the next one.
The new breakthrough will be in late 2015, with lots of new games and franchises finally being released and perfected, including GT (if no delays). At that time we'll see if we'll keep on crying or if we'll finally be shedding tears of joy (amar's line about the lackluster Senna content).

Last edited:
This thread is becoming very instructive...Good reading Zer0.

It's instructive indeed; a member that repeatedly posts false or misleading things - uniformly negative about one particular franchise, with no exceptions - finds it unacceptable that members will criticize a different franchise, one he seems almost incapable of criticizing himself.

There is nothing balanced there. If a member tried to pull what Zer0 pulled with the fake T10 interview; that is, pretending it is legit, and when presented with all the possible evidence of its fakeness, still giving a half-arsed "doubtful procedence (sic) distracted too much from the topic" instead, but instead presented it as an interview from Kaz & Co, you can be sure it would not end well. Why he would highlight his own example of blind bias will undoubtedly remain a mystery. Why he also insists on there needing to be a one or the other approach to GT and FM probably will too.

Yes, there are many people not happy with GT(6). There are people unhappy with F(H2/M5). There are people unhappy with DC, AC, PC, and any other game you could care to list. Despite posts stating the opposite in this very thread though, not many "lol Kaz sux" posts exist, because the staff remove them. Constructive criticism can (and always will) be stated; not just for GT, but any other series. And for those upset that GTPlanet supports more than simply Gran Turismo, this quote comes from Jordan himself:

"GTPlanet is the largest sim-racing website by a considerable margin, and people are playing a wider variety of racing games than ever before. I’d like to continue to expand our coverage and community to be even more inclusive and welcoming to fans of other racing games."

Many of us came here because of GT, obviously. It's not a stretch to say GT also brought out the automotive passion in a great number of us too - it certainly did for me back as an impressionable 12 year old in '98. That there are so many games out there that now cater to different parts of this diverse crowd is a fact that should be celebrated, not used to further segregate the community.

You and Marsten are doing a good (ie. negative) enough job between you. Not sure if there is really a need for this call to arms, so to speak.

If negative beings the positive I'm all for it.

@Omniscient

I hear ya, but the thing is while I agree none of these games are perfect it's still GT really just falls flat faced in the mud so to speak.

It certainly is interesting how being what could probably best be described as a compulsive liar with an obvious agenda causes someone to be viewed in a different light when they say something than people who are sincerely arguing viewpoints. Almost as if actions have consequences for those who can remember them.

Thanks for the demonstration.

Last edited:
It's instructive indeed; a member that repeatedly posts false or misleading things - uniformly negative about one particular franchise, with no exceptions - finds it unacceptable that members will criticize a different franchise, one he seems almost incapable of criticizing himself.

There is nothing balanced there. If a member tried to pull what Zer0 pulled with the fake T10 interview; that is, pretending it is legit, and when presented with all the possible evidence of its fakeness, still giving a half-arsed "doubtful procedence (sic) distracted too much from the topic" instead, but instead presented it as an interview from Kaz & Co, you can be sure it would not end well. Why he would highlight his own example of blind bias will undoubtedly remain a mystery. Why he also insists on there needing to be a one or the other approach to GT and FM probably will too.
It certainly is interesting how being what could probably best be described as a compulsive liar with an obvious agenda causes someone to be viewed in a different light when they say something than people who are sincerely arguing viewpoints. Almost as if actions have consequences for those who can remember them.

Thanks for the demonstration.
It begins...

As I said that is the type of "free speech" you will get for the only reason of not agreeing with others about some Forza related claims or opinions. A repeated manipulated and over-dramatic exposure of the reality to discredit and mute the person's unwanted opinion that make them uncomfortable. No matter how much is explained your personal point, facts involved or valid opinions along your community behaviour and contribution during the normal GT discussions. You have been targeted.

Another example of the many existing of how it works:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...st-before-posting.282773/page-18#post-8947649

Or this insane obsessive behaviour, insults, etc (if the link expires try to do a search with the user "Tornado" and the word "Zer0").
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/search/2026203/?q=Zer0&o=date&c[user][0]=75653

Now I challenge anyone to find anything similar to this harrasement to some of the hadcore GT critics that populate daily these forums which have spreaded tons more of disinformation and false claims in a few months than Slipztrem could ever assign to me in my nearly twelve years of GTP posting. No one can as this thread is the proof that they are allowed to have a free speach voice without other special requirements or being in danger of a post forensic disection in order to find some imaginative interpretation to use against you as a countermeasure.

That's the sad part of GTP.

This is all a bit silly in my opinion. It's a game, nothing is perfect, and there will always be people who don't like it.

Oh, and these are the best posts so far:

To many people, GT6 was a disappointing game.

It's that simple.
I don't know if you've noticed, but once you get past the huge portion of the site dedicated to the individual Gran Turismo games, with their own myriad subforums, we have specific forums for Forza Motorsports, iRacing, the F1 series, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS and Driveclub - so no, people who like other racing games than Gran Turismo should not leave the site for their own sake, but stay and discuss and learn about these other games in exactly the same manner.

We also have sections for other racing games, gaming in general, cars and motorsport, because it turns out that people who like car racing games also like cars, racing and games.

Further to that, we have general off topic areas, for random discussions, amusing things, other sports, films, television, computing, photography, music and the infamous current events section. In fact we have a significant number of very long term members who not only habitually post in those sections more or less exclusively, but haven't even played Gran Turismo since GT4. Some of them are amongst the smartest contributors to the site and we're glad they stick around.

So I'm sorry that you've come to GTPlanet expecting it to be some kind of narrow-focus fansite about GT6 with nothing but praise and the moderating staff employing martial law to beat down dissenting voices - but we'll live with your disappointment in us and take our quarter million member, ten million post, thriving and diverse community over that model any day of the week.

It begins...
It "began" when you co-opted this thread to try and prove the OP's point by misrepresenting your own experiences in order to spread your repeated nonsense about how only positive Forza opinions and negative GT opinions are allowed. To put it bluntly, you're a special case that wouldn't fit what the OP was saying even if he specifically name dropped you in the process of rage quitting.
To imply that people shouldn't push back against such an unfound accusation (which you've frequently made yet always shirked away from providing proof for) made towards specific people is ludicrous, though hardly surprising considering you have so little self reflection that you entered a thread complaining about people in the GT forum posting just to spread negativity in order to defend your history of posting in the Forza forum just to spread negativity.

As I said that is the type of "free speech" you will get for the only reason of not agreeing with others about some Forza related claims or opinions.
Got a question for you. This cabal of GTP Illuminati, tasked with enforcing that any negative statements about Forza are squashed while encouraging them for GT. Who runs it?

Can't be @Scaff . You accused him directly of censoring opinions contrary to the "Forza is #1" idea you keep pretending exists around here, then publicly recanted the accusation rather than prove it.
Can't be @Terronium-12 , since he's had it out multiple times with people in the Forza forum over he Forza 5 car count and DLC policies.
Can't be @SlipZtrEm, since, oh, same thing.
SimonK? He hasn't even been around GTP for several months.
Was it me all along? Oh, wait, I argued louder than either of them over that issue, and have pointed out that some of the ideas held following release of the game... um... weren't true, and pointed out that Turn 10's 360-era modeling was occasionally so bad that Standard cars looked better; nevermind when I come to the defense of PD over ridiculous claims against them to the extent of being called a PD shill.

Damn. We'll never find the man behind the man now! Though I bet it was @Wolfe . He always had it out for GT, ever since that Enthusia put ideas in his head.

A repeated manipulated and over-dramatic exposure of the reality

"This pre-release mockup shows the true cost of GT6's microtransactions. The stuff PD has posted on their website is false."
"GT5 sounds much better when properly recorded. The fact that this specific example sounding better is merely a result of a audio glitch GT5 briefly had (which is pointed out in the video description) is false."
"Here is a comparison of both games in a real multichannel environment. The fact that this specific example is using a Dolby Pro Logic stereo system rather than true multichannel audio equipment (which is pointed out in the video description) is false."
"Here is a video showing how close a real life car drives compared to GT5. The fact that the real life car isn't actually in GT5 is false."
"Here is a video proving GT5's framerate in the rain. The fact that this video doesn't contain any rain is false."
"The Xbone simply isn't powerful enough to do what developers will accomplish on the PS4, and the whole internet is aware of it. The fact that the Google search I provided as 'proof' brings up two game developers in the first 7 links that say otherwise is false."

Where were the manipulations again? The fact that you are clearly an intelligent, articulate person yet repeatedly misrepresent your already shaky "evidence" in an obvious way (obvious to the extent that if you aren't doing it intentionally, it's more sad than anything) while still being expected to be considered credible is truly a mystery.

Along those lines:
discredit
This implies, in your 12th year as a GTP member, a measure of credibility remained to begin with.

Yes. Down with SlipZtrem, trying to get you to comment on at least one topic you walked away from as soon as your arguments became untenable.

Or this insane obsessive behaviour, insults, etc (if the link expires try to do a search with the user "Tornado" and the word "Zer0").
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/search/2026203/?q=Zer0&o=date&c[user][0]=75653
:lol:

Look! Here's me harassing Scaff!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/search/2026321/?q=scaff&o=date&c[user][0]=75653

Look! Here's me obsessing over Slip!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/search/2026324/?q=slipztrem&o=date&c[user][0]=75653

Look! Here's me going insane over Terronium 12!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/search/2026328/?q=Terronium 12&o=date&c[user][0]=75653

Now I challenge anyone to find anything similar to this harrasement to some of the hadcore GT critics that populate daily these forums which have spreaded tons more of disinformation and false claims in a few months
That requires at least a vague example, for the record. Otherwise you're just pissing in the wind.

than Slipztrem could ever assign to me in my nearly twelve years of GTP posting.
"Why complain about me? Those people have lied more than I have!"

No matter how much is explained your personal point, facts involved or valid opinions along your community behaviour and contribution during the normal GT discussions.
No one can as this thread is the proof that they are allowed to have a free speach voice without other special requirements or being in danger of a post forensic disection in order to find some imaginative interpretation to use against you as a countermeasure.
As entertaining as it is to see members look silly when they try to white knight for you, perhaps the reason people dissect what you say simply because you said it has less to do with how much you love GT and more to do with your habit of doing things like, say, posting a falsified developer interview to further a point against Turn 10/Forza, then defending posting it but removing it because the argument over whether the interview was even legitimate was a "distraction"; then posting an excerpt from it again later, then defending it again.

Something like that probably has something to do with why you're treated with such hostility whenever you go into the Forza forum to start fights; in addition to the baggage you've earned as a member over the years already. And I already pointed out above what constitutes "facts" in your mind.

That's the sad part of GTP.
Yes. The sad part of GTP is that members who continually lie, distort facts and appeal to nonexistent authority are given so much leeway to do exactly that for years; further dragging down any valid discussion that may be had between people interested in actually learning things from public discourse. People who do that, whether they are talking up Forza, Project Cars, GT, politics, religion, game consoles, anything, are the ones that truly bring down GTP.

Last edited:
I must admit I don't even bother to share GT6 related stuff in the forums anymore and that's because of the general negative attitude of a small number of individuals who spam each and every thread with their personal grudge against one or the other aspect of GT5/6. At the end of the day these posts add up. Maybe those grumpy folks don't waste their spare time actually playing the game like I do, and thus can spam the forums all day long.

Just hooked up my PS2 the other day for a couple of GT4 arcade races.

Yes, they're quite more fun the GT6 arcade mode. But equally, coming on to the Dottinger Hohe with the sun rising... In stereoscopic 3D... In a 458... On a still wet racetrack from the nights rain. How can you beat that?

(hours wasted in a wall ot text)

:lol:
As others have told you in the past, that's insane... and a perfect example of the behaviour that I was describing in the previous posts. I see what are you trying with those @ calling, also as expected.

To anyone curious only need to check the previous "Tornado" search link and click to every message in the first pages. Some things speaks for itself. Other will not need to click anything to understand that if my side was Forza instead of GT he would not have expended a single minute in this thread with me. As simple as that. :)

As others have told you in the past, that's insane... and a perfect example of the behaviour that I was describing in the previous posts.

I forgot. Who was it who came into this thread to call out past transgressions?

Again, are you seriously deluded enough to think that calling out specific people in a thread that they were already posting in in order to further your own behavior of lying (the links of several examples provided above) and then pretending everyone is out to get you when called on it would just be ignored by those people?

Other will not need to click anything to understand that if my side was Forza instead of GT he would not have expended a single minute in this thread with me.
Amusingly enough, anyone with even a passing familiarity with my posting history whenever someone from the Forza forum comes to the GT forum and acts like you (King1982 liked to do it quite a bit before he was banned) would know that to be just another lie.

By the way, if I really wanted any one of those members to come investigate this thread, I could have just reported your post instead and presented everything you said and the proof you knew it was false. What with them all being moderators and all.

Last edited:
For those wondering if Zero has a point, not really.

Negative criticism is as welcome on the Forza forums and other racing forums as it is in the GT forums. That is to say, if it is presented rationally and backed up with reasonable examples, there's no problem and people are mostly happy to talk about it in a sensible and adult way.

Zero's problem at this point is that his history is so checkered with examples of him lying and intentionally falsifying information to the benefit of GT, that he simply cannot be believed any more. He's the little boy who cried wolf. Even if he starts out with a seemingly reasonable criticism no one wants to get into a discussion with him because they know that when he feels like he's "losing" (if such a thing is possible in a sensible, adult conversation) then he'll start lying.

Zero's issues when he goes into other game forums are not issues with those game forums, they are issues with Zero himself. Other people have come with rational criticism and been received well. Some have come in with "omg forza sux" and received the same treatment they would in the GT section.

It's a shame because sometimes he comes up with reasonable criticisms, but because he lies to support them it's impossible to discuss rationally.

You call it "Uncomfortable", I call it Kinky.
4f7e880c1a200.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back