Nurburgring will be soon announced.

• Thread starter King1982
  • 162 comments
'Fraid not, though that wasn't the point.

I stopped reading that post.

And your line of logic is just absolutely moronic. I said it's hard to stop taking you seriously in the exact post you quoted, yet you replied as if I said it posts ago. I know the 23 in your gamertag doesn't represent your age.

There's no defensiveness here, just trying to figure out where all your silly logic comes from with no basis for it.

As said above, I fully expect more threads crying about DLC from you with all these hopes & wishes you're posting. Anyone following T10 since FM3 should know never to expect too much from them in post-release content.

Just for you im going to make another prediction based on incredible... The old Monza track with old Jackie Stewart F1 cars ;)

I REALLY think they need the optimizations for iteration #6. They've been beating about the bush for a while now. I suppose they're going to hold the engine accountable for the limited/restricted/inaccurate wheel animation this time too.. lack of cosmetic exhaust upgrades or exhaust pop/flare looking like the PS2 era.

The current engine is not capable. 100% of the system resources are spoken for to get what we see in FM5. They'd have to rewrite and optimize the engine to handle weather and dynamic lighting.
I guess it would be more involved than cleaving the framerate to open resources for dynamic lighting and whatnot, as they did for a quick solution with Horizon.

But it's not the XBone's fault, it's Turn 10 for writing the FM5 engine the way they did.

I guess it would be more involved than cleaving the framerate to open resources for dynamic lighting and whatnot, as they did for a quick solution with Horizon.

But it's not the XBone's fault, it's Turn 10 for writing the FM5 engine the way they did.
Right, lowering the FPS to 30 would be the quickest way to implement it. However, there's no way that would ever happen!

Once T10 becomes more familiar with the Xbox One, and in conjunction with the DX12 upgrade slated for 2015, my guess is there's a higher likelihood that we'll see some sort of time-change/weather in FM6.

I REALLY think they need the optimizations for iteration #6. They've been beating about the bush for a while now. I suppose they're going to hold the engine accountable for the limited/restricted/inaccurate wheel animation this time too.. lack of cosmetic exhaust upgrades or exhaust pop/flare looking like the PS2 era.
I don't think anyone would blame the engine for this. They would blame the point of diminishing returns. Would these be nice upgrades? Sure, but I could think of a dozen things off the top of my head that I would rather see time spent on that actually enhance gameplay and aren't something there just to look good.

If they factor in more use of the tiled resources, along with the DirecX12 for the next Forza, or even with Horizon I think we could be in for some great things. The Xbox has the lower specs than the competition with newer hardware. I think the game can be greatly improved with the continuous updates Microsoft can deliver.

What kinda rig you got and what sims are you currently playing?
Intel i7, GTX 780 OC, triple 27" IPS, Thrustmaster TX. Currently dividing my time between DTM Experience (fantastic sounds!), pCARS, AC, F1 2013, rFactor 2, and GRID2 for a change of pace. Not mastering any but it's a good time for virtual racing.

Badned had this to say about the upcoming DLC on ForzaCentral:

I think I'm just going to stop making guesses because I'm only going to set myself up for disappointment.

So with that I'll say no nordschleife, but some other combo of track and car release. Personally I'd rather have the other ring and mugello anyways. Only thing that would bring me joy and madness would be COTA.

No matter I'll be happy.

If they factor in more use of the tiled resources, along with the DirecX12 for the next Forza, or even with Horizon I think we could be in for some great things. The Xbox has the lower specs than the competition with newer hardware. I think the game can be greatly improved with the continuous updates Microsoft can deliver.

The PS3 did night driving at 60 fps with minor hiccups. If *those guys* can do 60 fps and night driving, with KILLER particle effects I might add, T10 can certainly redo certain aspects of their engine in order to optimize it better. I believe the Xboner has the hardware juice (although not VERY powerful by this generation's standards) to pull it off. It just takes a better understanding of the hardware and the right kind of code that capitalizes on that hardware.

The PS3 did night driving at 60 fps with minor hiccups. If *those guys* can do 60 fps and night driving, with KILLER particle effects I might add, T10 can certainly redo certain aspects of their engine in order to optimize it better. I believe the Xboner has the hardware juice (although not VERY powerful by this generation's standards) to pull it off. It just takes a better understanding of the hardware and the right kind of code that capitalizes on that hardware.
You are forgetting the kind of paint textures they use, maybe it would be taxing for their engine. Either way they need to implement it in Forza 6 or it's going to be considered stale.

The thing is, at night the PS3 was almost never 60fps. It was and is 60fps or night racing (or weather), but not really both.

I agree that the X1 can certainly do it, it's just how much else they can optimise/sacrifice to get it.

You got to keep in mind that with every console coming out the first games don't look as good or don't run smooth. You can see that with every generation of console games. If they can provide such a game as a launch title I believe in the next titles we will see some great results.

Last edited:
The thing is, at night the PS3 was almost never 60fps. It was and is 60fps or night racing (or weather), but not really both.

I agree that the X1 can certainly do it, it's just how much else they can optimise/sacrifice to get it.
To T10 the jump from the previous X360 720p with no weather, no night, no real time lighting, etc to 1080p with all those things it will be much more difficult to acomplish to their standards of 60fps than PD, specially at this new generation when they are playing on the weaker hardware. Their self impossed trade-mark of 1080p/60fps probably will need to change in the next games if they want to advance the series.

PD is much more experienced in that camp, they have already a proper graphic engine, with most of the required features running near at 1080p/60fps and on a much weaker hardware (PS3), and this time they play with the most capable machine, specially for the feat of 1080p/60fps with top notch graphics. PD with just a basic graphic-engine port to PS4 will have a LOT of free resources to improve the game, and we are speaking of a very minimum of a PS3 photomode quality in real-time.

It will be interesting to see how far are going to be the differences between games at the mid-far of this generation. :)

Seeing as only one of those companies was able to handle a rock-steady 60fps last generation, by all means, keep your blinders on.
Oh the irony. :)

GT5 Prologue runs almost always at 60fps, it's not a feat compared to GT5 or GT6 because the lack of the most demanding features. Same as FM4 with the lack of the same features.

Wait so according to you, PS3 is able to achieve all that with near(near?) 1080p/60fps on an outdated system?

Then why wouldnt the Next Gen Xbox be able to, if your saying the last gen weaker PS3 was able to?

Oh the irony. :)

GT5 Prologue runs almost always at 60fps, it's not a feat compared to GT5 or GT6 because the lack of the most demanding features. Same as FM4 with the lack of the same features.

Prologue? So what your saying is, that after each iteration, things progressively worsen? Because going by GT5, 60fps was certainly not the case.

Irony? The only reason you wander into this section of the site is to spout more pro-GT stuff (but never in the threads it's supposed to be in, despite repeated warnings) and then disappear when people call you on your outlandish statements. It's happened before, it's happening again. The same old song and dance gets old.

Some of us are able to be critical of even our favourite franchises/games/etc. Feel free to check my post history in this section as further proof - not that you will, because, just as is always the case, anything that doesn't line up with your predetermined argument is ignored.

Xboner? :lol: But anyway, I agree. If some seven year old hardware can handle it, the X1 can handle it too.

Xboner? :lol: But anyway, I agree. If some seven year old hardware can handle it, the X1 can handle it too.
All it has to do is drop the framerate. Fortunately that ain't gonna happen.

Wait so according to you, PS3 is able to achieve all that with near(near?) 1080p/60fps on an outdated system?

Then why wouldnt the Next Gen Xbox be able to, if your saying the last gen weaker PS3 was able to?
I'm not saying that the Xbone can't able to, just that for T10 it will be a very difficult task. They have not proven anything regarding all those features, even having a much superior hardware to play.

Prologue? So what your saying is, that after each iteration, things progressively worsen? Because going by GT5, 60fps was certainly not the case.
The hardware is the same, if you put more layers of demanding features over the same game you would need to cut something to make room. The feat is able to run all them with the minimum possible lose. Anyway GT5 and GT6 at 720p, the same resolution of FM4, runs better than at 1080p.

The prologue example is to match a GT to FM4 in impact of performance because the lack of features over the same game with these features. And that is ignoring each developer`s talent to acomplish the task limited by the hardware.

Ignore him just as he would you in the middle of a discussion not going his way and he'll leave.

I'm actually rather tired of you popping up ever so often once the smoke has cleared, only to spout new unsubstantiated nonsense.

I'm also rather tired. I can undersand the censorship, specially when the opinions are becoming not rose-tinted, but is needed all this personal flaming? why not move the discussion to a proper thread? I have not started this debate and was not a problem before.

This forum is the most hostile and protective of the whole GTP and these are some of the main reasons because I leave discussions. I'm not the one here obsessed in having the last word, but seems that someone doesn't want even that I have a word.

Is it Thursday yet? I'm hoping whatever is coming can wring interest from me because as it is FM5 isn't doing anything for me.

This forum is the most hostile and protective of the whole GTP and these are some of the main reasons because I leave discussions. I'm not the one here obsessed in having the last word, but seems that someone doesn't want even that I have a word.
Not really. We just push back on people that spew their bias as fact.

Is it Thursday yet? I'm hoping whatever is coming can wring interest from me because as it is FM5 isn't doing anything for me.
Actually how would you compare FM5 to those PC sims you are also playing at the moment? Apart from the lack of content (which will be addressed yet again on thursday so it definitely feels they want to make up on that), there isn't much negative to say about this game; car models, physics, sounds, graphics and the racing is top notch from what i read, so is it worth buying a console for, if you already have a pc that runs the competition?

Thing is you always compare everything to GT, and as stated by others here your argumentation to favor GT is a bit hollow to say the least, so i'm afraid you are carrying that bad rep with you now.

Last edited:
Actually how would you compare FM5 to those PC sims you are also playing at the moment? Apart from the lack of content (which will be addressed yet again on thursday so it definitely feels they want to make up on that), there isn't much negative to say about this game; car models, physics, sounds, graphics and the racing is top notch from what i read, so is it worth buying a console for, if you already have a pc that runs the competition?

As the sole game? Absolutely not, but then I have a stronger opinion than most. If you're picking up other games with it then I'd say give it a whirl.

I'm not going to get into the problems I have with it, but give it an extensive trial run before you do anything.

As the sole game? Absolutely not, but then I have a stronger opinion than most. If you're picking up other games with it then I'd say give it a whirl.

I'm not going to get into the problems I have with it, but give it an extensive trial run before you do anything.
Maybe in the distant future as investing near to a 1000$ (if you want to have the console, the game and a wheel to go with it), is downright stupid for a man of limited means like myself.

The thing FM does seem to have as a plus above pc sims is it's car catalogue. I would miss that for sure, so i guess that would also be one of your motivations to 'undust' the console once in a while.

Back