Rolling Start/Weather Change - Any Track - Updated(Added How-to Video)

• Thread starter Niop
  • 88 comments
Was able to add Chamonix weather to Route X. You are required to have snow tires, but the track looks like a blizzard. The visibility range drops tremendously! Great find!

Wow! And here we all thought it was limited to a handful of tracks, that's the one glitch I actually can't wait to try! Good job finding it :bowdown:

This is pure awesome. Thankyou for finding this glitch and uploading the videos!

This should give GT5 tracks a new breath of life :)
...until PD patches it...

You sound like two nice guys, thanks for the videos!

This should give GT5 tracks a new breath of life :)
...until PD patches it...

Here's hoping they'll think "it doesn't give them extra money or extra hp and it doesn't violate our agreement with track owners so let them have their fun". But so far it's only hopes.

It's not even all that much harder than it is to do the somewhat similar glitch in GT4, I even managed to get my Ferrari F10 to drive in snow on Monaco, needless to say I couldn't stop laughing :dopey:

Thanks for sharing the how to video, I'm off to try it now.

👍

To those of you asking...

Of course it doesn't affect time of day and visual representation of the sky/light, because those are part of the respective track modeling. And if it hasn't been modeled, then the sky and the lighting cannot change.

The weather itself (raindrops, etc.) and the effects (spray, etc.) are independent from the track model, so they can be applied to any track. (with no regard to such things as that there should be no rain in a tunnel - such exemptions can only be modeled specifically)

Come to think of it...is there rain in the underpass on Suzuka? Can't remember...

You can even make it snow and rain at the same time, given the appropriate tracks.

You can do what?! :drool:
Does it only work at tracks with one weather model? Or can i have a Thunderstorm/Blizzard at Laguna Seca?

Opened a Shuffle room called "New Glitches! CLEAN!" earlier on today, & had a great time playing around with the weather on various tracks. Best race was a 4 lapper on Daytona Road with heavy rain, & some super clean drivers in the mix. A double wide rolling start on Fuji F with loads of guys out on track was interesting as well.

This has breathed new life into GT5 online for me. Thanks guys! 👍

Anyone got any pics yet?

Ask and you shall receive :sly:

The snow is very visible on this one

Not so visible on this one but all the white lines not usually there are snowflakes. It's just too blurry to "show them" :)

Edit: I'm going online in not so long to do some of this madness, feel free to join if you see me

Last edited:
So I just try to make a track go in reverse !!! Ended in failure. But it was fun driving spa in the snow

Back