Rolling Start/Weather Change - Any Track - Updated(Added How-to Video)

• Thread starter Niop
  • 88 comments
Any way to do this offline?

Also, does changing the time have any affect on lighting (not the actual sky)?

Last edited:
Dunno if you guys already knew but using this glitch on a DLC track enables people who dont have DLC tracks to still drive on them, 1 person must have it to put it on first then do glitch & all can join.

@moolett. When you change an event setting to reset the track dont just press X on OK & wait, press X,left,X & if done fast enough you will be on the Track settings while the new Event setting are still loading then be as fast as you can getting to your Rolling start/weather change track before newEvent setting are loaded.

Dunno if you guys already knew but using this glitch on a DLC track enables people who dont have DLC tracks to still drive on them, 1 person must have it to put it on first then do glitch & all can join.

Patch 2.14 in 3... 2...

There's one sad thing about this glitch: if you choose a dirt/snow track and then quickly change to a tarmac one, you WON"T be able to drive on dirt cars without dirt/snow tires... :(

GTracer98
There's one sad thing about this glitch: if you choose a dirt/snow track and then quickly change to a tarmac one, you WON"T be able to drive on dirt cars without dirt/snow tires... :(

Yep, too sad, I had so looked forward to jumping my Ferrari F10 off a huge jump on a Alaska track :( well, at least I can dream about how wrong that would look :lol:

Yep, too sad, I had so looked forward to jumping my Ferrari F10 off a huge jump on a Alaska track :( well, at least I can dream about how wrong that would look :lol:

Well I know a few people that can put dirt/snow tires on cars that normally don't have them.

Knew you guys would find something else interesting 👍
And if we can keep our big mouths shut, PD will never find out :D

And if we can keep our big mouths shut, PD will never find out :D

As soon as you post an amazing glitch, it is most likely the developer will patch it very quickly.

Thankfully, this wasn't the case with the swingset glitch from GTA IV. (Sorry for partially dragging thread off topic)

So rolling starts could have been easily included on all tracks online from the beginning? 👎👎 PD

Interesting find 👍.
💡 So when PD go and add the weather effects, it must be the modelling of the skyline that must take a long time

Cool little tip I found: If your friend does not have DLC, say SSRX, if you quickly change the track using this glitch, I went to Nurb 24h, The player that does not have SSRX may now join, as GT5 registers this as Nurburgring! :)👍

I dont see this as hacking for free DLC, I see it as using the broken tools around you :P

Happy racing! :Cheers:

Cool little tip I found: If your friend does not have DLC, say SSRX, if you quickly change the track using this glitch, I went to Nurb 24h, The player that does not have SSRX may now join, as GT5 registers this as Nurburgring! :)👍

I dont see this as hacking for free DLC, I see it as using the broken tools around you :P

:) It's more or less 'glitching' :P

Great tip helpful for others to play DLC tracks. 👍

I posted this 2 weeks before you, & of course its hacking DLC for free how can you say its anything but that ?

LERK84
I posted this 2 weeks before you, & of course its hacking DLC for free how can you say its anything but that ?

Since when was glitching (using an exploit that is the fault of the developer) hacking (using, often illegal, external methods to "crack" open something, that only a few can do)?

If this was a hack, the thread would've been shut down very quick. This is nothing more than a glitch.

This 👍. Never do glitches involve the use of external methods

This. 👍 its not like anyone who did this has a criminal record now. If theres a glitch that can give you an advantage, your going to use it. Also, sorry, didnt notice you posted that before me :( Besides, its just in multiplayer, its just like a demo, show the people what they will get :)

I have tried doing SSRX with rain but cant seem to do it as it loads faster than the other tracks. Has anyone successfully done it?

I have tried doing SSRX with rain but cant seem to do it as it loads faster than the other tracks. Has anyone successfully done it?

Tons of times 👍
Just remember, Nurb 24h Weather/Time Change is directly above SSRX, speed IS key. Change the weather after you change the track. Don't do it at the same time, if thats what you are doing.

Loving this glitch!

Like to see more people post their images

Here's Monaco F1 in the rain....

l3OQo4IkmQZPyRuMX_0_zpsa9e6dff7.jpg

Latest Posts

Back