SimRaceway

• Thread starter bin0
  • 793 comments
Credit earning is slow though. ''You won a race? Here's your 20 credits'' And for someone who rarely wins any races, that takes a lot of time to get anything.

If your in the Sub 900 Sq points, its MORE than do able to win cash here and there, Yes 900-1100 is stiff competition but that's the way it should be, Not EVERY one can win, It DOES take a little time and dedication to do anything in life well.

There's a ton of downloading to do. Every car you own and every track will need to be downloaded and installed before you can do anything on track.

You just need one car and one track downloaded, then drive around there until more stuff is downloaded, then drive them.

There's a ton of downloading to do. Every car you own and every track will need to be downloaded and installed before you can do anything on track.

Its all on the download manager now, Like L8erBaby said, Download you favorite car/track you owned already and let the manager do the rest. How many cars did you own when you had it before ? im up to 60+ cars or so now.

Yes you can prioritize which car/track you want to download first.

I'm at a little under 40 I think. But with the amount of downloading you have to do, you'd think you could almost play this game offline.

dude set it to download late at night and wake up the next day to everything all done...the time Pondering your decision you could have downloaded 120 Cars + all the tracks. lol

I am not the sort of person who leaves their machine on over night, and even then, my connection cuts every so often (2 long times every hour and lots of few second disconnects estimate) meaning I'd be unable to play the game.

Forgot I can't play for more than 5 minutes without getting disconnected from the servers.

Edit: Figured it out. Had to use the same fix I used for Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Last edited:
Its a great game! GT6 is a SimRaceway wanna be. I mean GT6 is a great game, great graphics! Just the aspect of realistic sound is what Im missing from GT series.

Its a great game! GT6 is a SimRaceway wanna be. I mean GT6 is a great game, great graphics! Just the aspect of realistic sound is what Im missing from GT series.

Lol what? GT6 isn't a SimRaceway wannabe. SimRaceway isn't even a Gran Turismo wannabe.

Lol what? GT6 isn't a SimRaceway wannabe. SimRaceway isn't even a Gran Turismo wannabe.
lol, I mean Simraceway has great sounding cars. GT6 has EPIC graphics and physics. Its like DiRT3, great rally sounds (pop pop pop from exhaust) but GT6 doesnt have that same effect

Bumpity-bump, this game seems cool but I dunno if I wanna drop money for it.

I really wanna drive the AE86 though.

You will most likely only be able to hot lap it. You cant set-up races in this game you can only race what the devs have set-up.

Simraceway have some new liveries/updates to their 2012 Indycar today, and it's available for free test drive. I gave it a go and I must say I had a good bit of fun with it, it's really intuitive to drive.

I'm going to be honest, I wouldn't call it a realisic or 100% simulation, it is obvious that while it's a simulation it's clear with how easy and forgiving this car is to drive, the fact that you can get away with wheels on the grass occasionally, and some pretty crude braking, not to mention the sheer mechanical and aero grip on the car, the perfect balance.. Like I said, I wouldn't call this the ultimate attempt of simulation with the Indycar, but it's definitely very intuitive to drive and as a result great fun, you can really attack it.

I drove it around their (I'm assuming new) Cadwell Park circuit and it was fantastic, never driven the circuit before in a game and I must say I really love it.

I got to play around with SimRaceway for the first time in about a year last weekend. Is there still no way to set up your own races or have actual distance races against other people in a custom car and track combo? All I could do was hot lap challenges and one race on Pheonix in the DW12. I was only able to get one good race in (won at the line by a tenth) and the rest were filled with dumb people just driving around wrecking people and not actually racing.

I loved the physics, just don't want to be forced to drive with idiots.

I have had SimRaceway for some time now. I am getting use to the controls. I am able to run a custom setup that lets me use my PS3 controller for input. So far I like the game. Getting use to the tracks and Cars. With the controller setup the interior view of the wheel moving rapidly is distracting. I find the hood or roof view is best. I have had the most surprising fun at Walkens Glen (Short Course) with BMW GT3 and C6 Corvette. I ran a 1:13 to 1:15 in the cars. I still need some assists but love the heck out of it. G25 G27 or some other wheel that is supported will be better for sure.

They've done something with the physics. The Evo X is the worst car in the game and almost completely undriveable. There's no quick races to join with the "easily accessible" Simraceway branded cars. Still get very little credit payout for the amount of driving you have to do. Did a 66 lap event at Texas Motor Speedway in the Simraceway Modified and barely got 100 credits for it from 30 minutes of racing, plus the qualifying and warmup laps I had run to go with those 66 laps.

Here is my lap with the Corvette C6 GT2 Car around Watkins Glen Short (NASCAR Course).

Last edited:
"This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings."

It was working after I posted. Sorry guys. :(

EDIT: All Fixed Enjoy!

Last edited:
I tried to install it on the weekend, everything seems ok until you load the event and are about to hit start to play; then it just quits.

I tried their support and they told me to try running it as an admin, it didn't work.

Back