Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
I REALLY would like the possibility to dim the HUD and all racing info.

It is much too bright and disturbing when nightracing.
Or at least being able to hide or downsize the list of cars/competitors on the right side of the screen.
I know you can disable this, but then you lose all race info..

Edit: don't know if it was part of an update or not, but the list of cars/competitors CAN be disabled without losing the rest of the race info.

Last edited:
GAMEPLAY - Photomode
  1. Replays should be able to be finely positioned with more granular <== and ==> buttons, and with a slow motion forward and back capability. (If you have ever tried to isolate the moment of the flash of a backfire, you'll know what I want!)
  2. Ability to name and save a location in a replay to return to it later for more photos of a specific event
  3. The camera should remember the aspect ratio and Mode 1/2/.
I wanted to bring this back up to the public attention as I agree with the OP on the first three points included above. If "Likes" are a gauge of interest, I hope others will also reinforce our hopes for better abilities to review a performance and capture significant moments in our albums.

Thanks for viewing this post!
Merle.

I REALLY would like the possibility to dim the HUD and all racing info.

It is much too bright and disturbing when nightracing.
Or at least being able to hide or downsize the list of cars/competitors on the right side of the screen.
I know you can disable this, but then you lose all race info..

I wish we could toggle it on/off at the touch of a button during racing. I drive in cockpit view and some info are valuable just from time to time, so I'd rather have nothing obstructing interior view. Or it could just show up for split times and when a lap is completed, then fade out completely.

Last edited:
I haven't read the whole thread, but a genuine 4x4 off-road course (hills, gullies, mud, bushes, rocks, water, etc.) with a couple of serious off-road vehicles. Just to mess about on & de-stress at the end of a nights racing... 👍 :)

And also to see which of your other cars could manage it...

I like this idea :)

I am sure this must be mentioned somewhere in this thread, but the ability to adjust AI performance and AI SPEED would be the main thing I'd want.

That plus the ability to design you're own races and/or championship to compete in (online and offline)

I am sure this must be mentioned somewhere in this thread, but the ability to adjust AI performance and AI SPEED would be the main thing I'd want.

That plus the ability to design you're own races and/or championship to compete in (online and offline)

At least some of these are in the Suggestions/Features forum, so please place your votes there!

I would like to have a garage or showroom were I can walk around, organize and display my vehicles. Similar to Project Gotham 2 & 3. I believe it will give a more true to life and immersive feeling when it comes to collecting and owning the cars of the GT series.

Also I would like PD to bring back the random manufacturer wheel selection like in GT4.

Ability to Burnout your tires in Drag Racing
North American Top Gear-based episode challenges (e.g. reaching 150 mph and resisting some dangerous challenges)
Ability to choose Tanner, Rutledge or Adam
Totally-tubular Chassis upgrade
Moving mechanics in pit-stop

Here are some of the non-track, non-car "things" I want to see in GT6 or beyond.

Each of the brief descriptions is a clickable link to my actual thread in the Feature Suggestions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finer control over Replay positioning for Photomode

Increased flexibility in Photomode camera placement

Photomode camera to remember all camera settings

Speed up processing of 2x Photomode images by pre-emptive rendering

Photomode. Provide a mechanism to directly transfer photos to my computer.

Allow racing on ALL tracks in Reverse

Make car sounds different when driving through tunnels or under bridges

Display and record fastest lap times

Allow player to participate in B-Spec Endurance races as a Driver

Ability to photograph within Car Interiors

Customizable Replay Trackside Cameras

Ability to race against "Bobs" (B-Spec drivers)...

Ability to manipulate Course Creator terrain vertically (make hills and valleys)

When exiting out of a Replay, return to the Event list, not "My Home"

Ability to customize ANY car with race numbers

Photomode RAW and Histogram like a modern DSLR

Photomode: Ability to control White Balance

Want more fun and action in B-Spec? Read this!

Done Photomode - please don't reset my EV setting when I adjust camera settings. - Fixed in GT6 1.05

Photomode - Ability to manually place up to 16 cars on any track

Replay Option. Provide an option to AutoSave replay data ALWAYS

Keep A-Spec and B-Spec driving distance statistics separate

List Seasonal Events by Start date and Time

Wheels. When changing or painting them, a close up view, please!

Upgrades. Please quantify the benefit of wheels, lighter components etc.

Power/Torque chart. Help us interpret NUMBERS from this

Ability to instal the Corvette C7R Collision Avoidance System

Photomode - please show reflections of nearby cars

Photomode - rewind should erase skid marks, please

B-Spec. Allow suspension and aero tuning in Pit Stops

Live Timing Monitor - restore video feed

Provide ability to limit Fuel load in all Future Pit Stops at any time before or during race

Replays - Improved ability to find and identify desired replay

GT Nordschleife Tutorials featuring Sabine Schmitz - "Queen of the 'Ring"

Please allow Cockpit View in Replays of Online races

Dynamic, Controllable Exterior (3rd Person) View Cam in Replays

Photomode in Replays. Ability to "fix" damage and change Avatar's suit

Rally timed stages with adjustable degrees of difficulty

Accumulated grime on cars during longer races

GT6 Online Manual should describe the current update level. FIXED 11MAR14

Replays. Add the ability to "bookmark" interesting points in time.

Gallery improvement. Provide user control over viewing angle and location.

Paint Shop - preview of the result of painting before committing to the choice

Photo travel mode - ability to switch cars without losing their positioning

Photo Travel mode - ability to place more than 2 cars

Multi-screen aka multi-monitor for B-Spec

PhotoMode Panoramic Camera in multi-screen setups

Option to Display Segment and Lap Time Differences in all Races

Please don't compromise scope or quality by "promising" delivery dates for future functionality.

Multi-Monitor - Method of Client Connection to Avoid Manual Intervention when IP Address Changes

Ability to optionally make "ghosted" cars solid for Replays and Photos

Multi-Monitor Support for Custom Tracks

GT to send an email to the player at the end of every event

Photomode. Ability to "freeze" multiple target cars

Multi-monitor. Another take on speeding up Client Startup.

Rename the so-called Data Logger to reflect the actual function

The "Data Logger" should return to the Replay List after being used

Replay Mode. Provide a means of switching view/car without having a menu show on the screen

"Data Logger" to show Tire Temperatures and Temperature gradient across the tires

"Data Logger". Add real time video image of the car(s) being displayed

Last edited:
Personally, I'd like to see more famous cars (movie, Tv, legendary...), car customization(plates,parts,ect)
,and more songs(the selection is ok, but unknown to the majority of people who are new to the games...)

The last two weeks I play RealRacing 3 again, very simple but good racing game with that time shift multiplayer thing.

When there's GT Academy again, like now, we have that same revalisation between friends and all those time trials, I think the notifications you get when somebody beats you in RR3, and the same GTAcademy style of timetrial racing, could make GT6 a little bit better !

Other topic:
And the way you can customize your car in RR3... :sly:

GAMEPLAY - Sound
Ability to choose the gameplay sounds (between GT6, GT5, GT5P, GTPSP, GT4, GT3, GT2 or GT1)
Ability to make your own gameplay sounds
Ability to choose the gameplay sounds from PS3 folder

Music during Race:
Ability to choose your BGM using the PS3 folder.
Newest sounds.

Sounds of cars:
WRC should be on real sounds: For example, an Subaru Impreza 555 which is on Suggestions> Cars
The rally cars of GT3 and GT4 should be divided as GT3 Rally car. (e.g. From GT3: Citroen Xsara Rally Car GT3'01)
LM Cars of GT3- (All them with their sounds of GT3)

Ah! And other thing:
Ability to playback the race when you commit the mistake, just like SCAR (Squadra Corse Alfa Romeo)*

*Must work on offline and online races.

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I'd rather see the time difference to the guy in front of me, than to first place. Just feels more logic.

I remember a game I had on ps2 called Tokyo extreme racer drift 2 and it had the option where you could change the headlight color of the car plus uphill and down hill touge battles on some mountain roads both in the day time and night time would be interesting if they could implement something similar

GAMEPLAY - GT Life - Economy
-Able to repeat the race for money;

GAMEPLAY - GT Life - Features
- Just like GT5, the next GT's should have an login bonus. For example:
1st day- 110%= + 5 museum cards and paint chips
2nd day- 130%= + 6 museum cards and paint chips
3rd day- 150%= + 7 museum cards and paint chips
4th day- 170%= + 8 museum cards and paint chips
5th day- 200%= + 9 or 10 museum cards and paint chips & money prize doubled (e.g. original money prize of the race is 100,000 credits, so with 200% login, you get 200,000 credits)

However, if you miss 1 day, your login bonus will decrease. (ex: you have 200% login bonus. If you miss one day, you get to 170%.)
But in special cases (e.g. Maintenance of GT, GT Server glitch...), your 5th day login bonus will mantain and you'll be rewarded an bigger prizes.

GAMEPLAY - GT Life Menu Features
GT6 My Home; (Not only this but this style too!)

GAMEPLAY - Online Modes
Ability to choose country levels: National, World, Continental, International, Intercontinental, Region, District...
Jackpot Spot, just like GT PSP
Shuffle Race (You have to drive which is given to you)
Sprint Race (A driver must complete 100% of race to finish, just like NFS)
Most Wanted Mode (You get chased by cops, so you have to try to invade them. A driver which is evaded, wins! If a driver is busted, loses! Just like NFS MW)

GAMEPLAY - Rally Racing
Water splashes;
Ability to be disqualiffied
Ability to get an penalty (For example, if you race with an incorrect tires for no reason, you get an 2 minute penalty)
Finish like on this video:

See at 26:35

Back