August is the big month for the race camp finalists from the four GT Academy regions – Russia, Germany, the USA and the eleven eligible European countries – this year, but Sony and Nissan have revealed a surprise for hitherto excluded gamers.
Players from the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary have been given their own GT Academy competition in 2012 and it takes a somewhat unusual format – in order to enter, gamers must e-mail in a replay file of their best lap!
Vehicle: Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera
Course: Deep Forest Raceway
Save the results:
- In “Gran Turismo 5″ select the GT mode
- If the user already has the motor vehicle, you can skip this section. If not, please select and purchase the vehicle from the dealer menu. If you do not have enough virtual money, engage in further racing or vehicle sales to acquire the appropriate amount.
- Select the Amuse NISMO 380RS Super Leggera car, go to Free Practice and select Deep Forest Raceway from Original Circuits
- Tune your vehicle how you choose (Aerodynamics, Ballast, Engine, Exhaust, Tyres, TCS, ABS etc) and begin to compete with it.
- When you have reached your best time, exit the track, select Save Best Lap Replay and save the results.
- If you achieve better results after sending your replay, send the new result.
Submission of Applications
- Go back to GT mode, select the Replay Theatre menu, click and choose the best time, select Saved Data Export (Export Data Save), then press OK.
- The user data is stored on the PS3 game menu / Saved Data Utility (PS3) located under the (File name: Gran Turismo 5 Replay)
- Save this file to a USB storage media (USB memory stick)
- Send this file to the following e-mail address:
- Hungarian players: email@example.com
- Czech players: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Slovakian players: email@example.com
- The e-mail “Subject” line into the following: “GT Academy / best time to result” (ie, for example.: GT Academy / 1:59:231)
- The email includes the following: name, address, phone number, best time and the results PSN ID.
Budapest in 1055, some 5th Street
The closing date for submissions is 8th September 2012. The top 30 ranked eligible players will be invited to attend national finals in their own country:
The final itself will be held at the Hungaroring on October 21st 2012. At present the specifics of the ultimate prize is unclear, though a “real experience” in a “real race car” is promised for the winner of this GT Academy.
Full rules and eligibility requirements can be found at gtacademyhu.com, gtacademysk.com and gtacademycz.com.
GT5 Photomode image courtesy of Horde_R35.
Newest comments are displayed first.