10/20/2007 Demo

• Thread starter M5_dude
  • 897 comments
You mean YOU don't care?

I have no problems with that, i'm sure there's people that don't mind my comments one bit, and i've been told so numerous times. get used to me or just start ignoring me whenever you see a thread that has my name on it.
I could care less.
Peace.

Is English your native tongue? you don't seem to be picking up on my sarcasm.

I think there is some bad news for guys with IP addressess outside of JPN...looks like the guys running the JPN network noticed all the international IP's, because my GT:TV tab became active, when I selected it...I WAS KICKED OF THE NETWORK!!! Said something about DNS error, the GT:TV icon is then once again inactive! Has this happended to anyone else???

I think there is some bad news for guys with IP addressess outside of JPN...looks like the guys running the JPN network noticed all the international IP's, because my GT:TV tab became active, when I selected it...I WAS KICKED OF THE NETWORK!!! Said something about DNS error, the GT:TV icon is then once again inactive! Has this happended to anyone else???

My GT TV button never became active. When I clicked on it, it gave me a warning symbol and and some text. Could mean anything.

Is English your native tongue? you don't seem to be picking up on my sarcasm.

dont take it personal Gabkicks, he is starting to come round.

yeah Kamus i think gt:hd was more polished too. The demo is what it is and im starting to lean toward a rush job here. Its definitely better than nothing but there are things with this demo that dont seem up to the normal PD standard.

Remember, it was free, it was on a deadline and nobody outside of japan was even suppose to get it.

PD probably didnt give their all and it still came out good.

A couple things I have noticed,

In the bumper cam there appears to be small turn signal arrows (left and right of the current gear display)??

Cannot select Neutral anymore (actual 'N').

Like GTHD, still cannot spin the tyres in reverse, some magic assist or something prevents it.

I have a sony XBR3 40'' 1080p

It just does not look all that good. I enjoyed the look of GTHD

but I am starting to think people running in 720p tvs are not having the shimmering, terrible v-snyc issues, and frame slowdowns I have.
Another point is on all the videos from cameras and from downloads I see none of the issues I have now.

I'm having the exact same issues with my 1080P Bravia. Slowdown, tearing, shimmering- it quite simply displays poorly in 1080P. I've also noticed that the replays run fine, and as they run at 30 frames, I can only conclude that 60fps displayed at 1080P causes issues. Pretty disappointing, and on a flagship Sony LCD no less. :grumpy:

Well I dont want to be the guy who is a total troll or flame baiter but the demo is a bit poor. I know its a demo but surly PD would want get stuff rite before sharing it with us???

Ive noticed pop up alla PS1 and PS2, the fram rate is awful and causes tearing on my TV. But this can be all bypassed becuse the handeling is ok, not as good as i was hopeing. The car's look fantastic apart from the jaggies, and blaitent LOD popup on the car's as they come closer to the screen.

Well thats my whine over with, back to playing the demo.

Um, probably been asked but is there in car view for all the cars? Can the drop top cars drive without tops with the whole pack (oh wait maybe thier arnt any in the demo)...??

Robin

I've played for a couple of minutes , i'm going to hook up my DFP now and try it again. But you guys need to remember that this demo is JUST 700+ MB , it has one track 8 playable cars (with interior view) and some other 8 or so cars (maybe more)that you can race with on the track . I'm seriously surprised that they have kept the size at 700+ MB . So I'm guessing they cut some corners off to give you a taste of whats coming , just imagine if the demo was like 2 GB and like now everybody is downloading imagine the huge bandwidth used for downloads with the Japanese servers

Well, I am glad to see I'm not the only one suffering from excessive jaggies and image smears.

Those who are, are being honest about the problem, because they mentioned problems I'm having that I did not mention.

PD will benefit from people like us. They need to know what the problems are so they can fix them. So, continue to be honest and lets not start childish flame wars over the issues we have with GT5 Prologue demo. PD will appreciate our honesty and input.

So far, most people suffering from this problem are Sony LCD HDTV set owners. So, list the set you own in your post.

Sony Bravia KDL46XBR3 LCD

Um, probably been asked but is there in car view for all the cars? Can the drop top cars drive without tops with the whole pack (oh wait maybe thier arnt any in the demo)...??

Robin

So far all but the Nissan GTR has a interior view (GTR may gain one once the covers comeoff later in the week)

The Diahatsu OFC-1 has a active hardtop like the Copen, when in the showroom it's top is down but when in race (with OFC-1's and Copens) it is up, although the hardtop is actually mostly glass and you can see through it anyway. At the moment we have no control over the top.

Well, I am glad to see I'm not the only one suffering from excessive jaggies and image smears.

Those who are, are being honest about the problem, because they mentioned problems I'm having that I did not mention.

PD will benefit from people like us. They need to know what the problems are so they can fix them. So, continue to be honest and lets not start childish flame wars over the issues we have with GT5 Prologue demo. PD will appreciate our honesty and input.

I have the problem when running 1080i (dont have a 1080P TV yet), when I switch back to 720P, it is much improved.

I have a 28in. computer monitor running on component cables. I'm having the same problems as others. I don't know what it's like with HDMI though.

So far, most people suffering from this problem are Sony LCD HDTV set owners. So, list the set you own in your post.

LG 42inch plasma 1080i with hdmi. tearing more noticeable in the showroom than on the track. and yes 720p does improve it but increases the jaggies ;-)

Don't polyphony have a section dedicated to testing and identifying bugs?? and don't they have it running on 10 different types of screens etc...?
that being the case they should be more than aware of this problem you would hope!!!

I agree with others that the demo has been reduced in size and quality to get it out in a hurry...... most likely because of the continued delays of the official release they figured they needed to get this 'demo' out to appease all the die hard fans who wanted blood for having to wait so long..... so i'm sure in a couple of months the full version of gt5p should be much improved.

btw i think most of the shimering around the cars that ppl are complaining about is meant to be some sort of effect they have put in for sun reflection?? anyone agree with me on that?? seems to effect the lcd screens more than plasma!?

anyway i am still enjoying the experience very much......

...just how good can they make a game look at 720p with shaders evrywhere.

Probably not as good as it looks at 1080p because of the higher resolution? I don't have a PS3, but I'm just guessing because you know...1080p looks better than 720p on most HD televisions.

When they say the demo will be available until the 11th of November does that mean it will deactivate itself then, or it will just not be available on the PSN store anymore?

Now playing so much with mainly the Nissan GTR, BMW 135i and Evo X I am hanging for the Lexus IS-F and STI to be unlocked/unvailed! (Also hope the GTR will have a interior after the un-masking)

Handling seems very good even with basic controller. I will test g25 later. I can not comment on graphics, because currently i can play only in SD and with black-and-white colours. AI does good job of avoiding collisions with player, but lacks driving tallent. Maybe only reason is that difficulty is set to low.
If someone has g25 and knows japanese, please post best settings to options menu.

+REP Well said!

As long as criticism is not filled with gross exaggerations, and subjective opinion isn't made to appear objective, then nothing but good can come from it. 👍

I suspect it isn't a display issue, although obviously differences in video processors and display types will effect image quality.

I don't own a Sony display, but I have the following HD displays (all connected with HDMI, and HDMI->DVI for the monitor):
So far I have only tried the demo on the 1080p LCD projector (Panasonic) and the 720p DLP RP-HDTV (Samsung).

The 1080p LCD DV-HDTV (Vizio) is in the bedroom... and my wife and kids were using it last night watching Pixar's Cars while daddy was playing PD's Cars in the theater :D... and yes, the sound in 7.1 is truly spectacular with great base response! 👍

They are still sleeping, but I'll try the demo on it as well and see how it compares to the FP & DLP. I also have not yet tried playing it on my 1050p LCD desktop monitor (ViewSonic), but when I do and if it shows any differences unrelated to its own abilities, I'll be sure to post my observations.

How do you turn the steering onto professional? I can'ty do anything in the games options menu's.

Anyone have a translation, or know of one?

As for Kamus, he is exagerating in that post, but he isn't totaly anti-GT, I've seen him give praise where it's due. Hell, for the most part, I've agreed with him in the past with plenty of his criticisms. While I think his points are exaggerated, they arn't wrong. The sounds arn't great, the AI isn't great. But it is improved, and thoes things along with the physics have changed to a degree that unlike GT4, I'm enjoying this. That doesn't mean that he has to, don't rip his head off just because he doesn't like it, keep it civil.

Well I've been playing for the past 2 hours or so and I am pleased with what I am seeing. Athough I know PD can do better.

The graphics are even more jaw dropping in game than I thought they would be, to me its a huge improvement to GTHD. There are a few jaggies but look back on GT4 and you can hardly complain seeming I work with pixels in photo shoots from GT4.

The AI I think are good,however they still make some mstakes i.e was pushed off the racing line around one of the esses. But I tried what someone else said earlier about driving the wrong way down the straight an remarkably they all avoided me.

The sound of the cars is too me quite good, I had surround sound on and it was good. Yes, my own car I was driving didn't sound too good as the wind noise overide it but the AI's cars engines sounded good.

The new physics don't feel new really, just a modified version of GT4. Which is a shame as I expected some great things from it.

The GT TV feature doesn't seem to work for me at all, I'm signed in as my Japanese Account however everytime I click it, it says something in Japanese with a warning triangle above it.

I'm sure I was going to say more but I can't remember at the moment. Also I love the Beemer, my favourite car by far at the moment.

The GT TV feature doesn't seem to work for me at all, I'm signed in as my Japanese Account however everytime I click it, it says something in Japanese with a warning triangle above it.

Same, I am assuming we need to be in Japan (or have a Japanese IP?) to get GT TV working.

Anyone here can access GT TV?

To change the physics click on "Race", this menu will pop up. It's the second option down. I believe the top selection is "Arcade" and the bottom option is the new engine. To me there is a significant between them (the first one being more like GT4).

Someone mentioned proferssional steering being on, as well simulation phtysics. In GT4 you switched the professional steering on in the options menu, all I can find is sound options, and button configs.

Another point, last night I was playing with the pad, I've been playing with my DFP today and my word, what a difference. It's looking better.

Don't polyphony have a section dedicated to testing and identifying bugs?? and don't they have it running on 10 different types of screens etc...?
that being the case they should be more than aware of this problem you would hope!!!
I had not heard of this, but it makes perfectly good sense that they would. PD has likely been and are already testing and getting first hand input from high level videophiles... (Japan is full of them!).. whether they want the input or not… as Japanese videophiles can be even more hardcore, although perhaps not as outspoken as one might find here in the States. :)

I think the idea isn't so much to inform PD, but probably more to help fellow GTP members properly identify issues and to help determine which are from the display being used and which are from the source. Doing this might help fellow members to make adjustments to their system and display settings to optimize the image and sound quality from GT5:P and probably other games as well. 👍

anyway i am still enjoying the experience very much......
100% agreed. 👍

As for Kamus, he is exagerating in that post, but he isn't totaly anti-GT, I've seen him give praise where it's due.
I agree, and have said as such. Unfortunately, the problem, besides his constant gross exaggerations and claims of pure objectivity when in fact much of his "assessments" are quite subjective, is that he often accuses anyone that disagrees with his opinion as being wrong and as such must be some kind of blind biased GT/PD slave. Just read some of his responses here and in the main GT5:P thread... geez, he's comments are completely ridiculous at times.

While I think his points are exaggerated, they arn't wrong.
I'm sorry I have to disagree. When someone makes gross exaggerations, then that is not only wrong but terribly misleading. Yes, there can be a hint of truth in an exaggeration, but unfortunately an exaggeration just distracts from the truth, and so in no way can it be considered right, and is always going to be wrong.

That doesn't mean that he has to, don't rip his head off just because he doesn't like it, keep it civil.
The thing is, if you look at his responses, he often incites these responses, as he is often the one to respond to positive reviews, or opinions that differ from his own in a very negative way... it isn't like everyone is attacking his opinion. If anything most are defending their own from his continual attacks, and pointing out his hypocrisy, and the objective flaws in his arguments.

However, yes, it would be best for all if we could be civil... honest, and leave the gross exaggeration to the politicians of the world. 👍

I'm using a SONY KDS-55 A2000 55 inch 1080P (LCD rear projection) display and it looks really nice. Some tearing every now and then, frame rate might drop sometimes aswell, but jaggies are not really a problem with my setup. Everything looks sharp and nice. I mean if you look closely, of cours ethey are present, but far away from annoying. You hardly notice it tbh.

Like the gameplay aswell. Imo better than the demo I played at the IAA 1 month ago.

I'm having a little trouble with the car selection (probably my extremely limited japanese...). I go into the showroom bit, and select a different car, think I'm selecting all the right options so I can try that car out, and yet it stays as the GT-R. Any help?

I just recorded two laps. I'm in the silver Evo X (with a little dodgy driving :P), but I cycle through the whole field of cars so you can look/listen to them.

Better quality downloadable version can be accessed from here:
http://download.yousendit.com/734270366E9DC954 - 42.8MBs

It isn't the best quality digicam - shrink the video size a little and it's better. 👍

If you want to know the difference between the two, use the BMW. That sucker slides and oversteers all over the place in "Pro" mode. Fun! 👍

G.T
I just recorded two laps. I'm in the silver Evo X (with a little dodgy driving :P), but I cycle through the whole field of cars so you can look/listen to them.

Better quality downloadable version can be accessed from here:
http://download.yousendit.com/734270366E9DC954 - 42.8MBs

It isn't the best quality digicam - shrink the video size a little and it's better. 👍

Nice one James 👍

If you are going to make another vid, maybe you should do it of Daytona Speedway (from the replays during demonstation). A new track that hasn't been shown all that much yet.

Back