10/20/2007 Demo

• Thread starter M5_dude
  • 897 comments
Put "Traction" on 0 = improved (ie. worse) control 👍

Put race mode on second setting: "Professional" = much improved (ie. worse) control 👍

(I was already using "Simulation" mode for steering, which I'm pretty sure is the "hardest" setting.)

The result of all this is that the cars track a lot worse & brake worse (ie. better), requiring more sensitive steering & earlier braking. However, the problem remains from all previous GTs: lots of understeer but no oversteer. )In GTHD the cars, especially the Ferrari, DO oversteer.) I hope this isn't going to be where GT5/P end up. :nervous:

If you think it's harder to control the car in Professional mode why do you insist that Simulation is intended to be the harder setting? Your logic makes no sense!

In fact, here is a link to the forum's impressions of the demo. Compare their views to yours and see if you they can help you refine your assessment.

Demo Review by GTP

If you think it's harder to control the car in Professional mode why do you insist that Simulation is intended to be the harder setting? Your logic makes no sense!

I think you are missing something:

in the "Race" options there are 2 modes:
"Standard" & "Professional" (is the translation I believe.)

in the "Steering" options there are 3 modes:
"Standard", "Professional", & "Simulation" (is the translation I believe) in that order. Logic suggests that the last setting: "Simulation" would be the hardest.

Put "Traction" on 0 = improved (ie. worse) control 👍

"However, the problem remains from all previous GTs: lots of understeer but no oversteer. )In GTHD the cars, especially the Ferrari, DO oversteer.) I hope this isn't going to be where GT5/P end up. :nervous:
"

if u r sure u r using the correct setting now.... i would suggest taking the ISF and the Beemer out for a spin..... if u don't manage to get any oversteer happening there is something incredibly wrong... because those 2 will oversteer at the mere thought of a bend :sly: what view r u using just out of curiosity? even the sti will give u trail-braking oversteer too :crazy: but the others are mainly set up to understeer first..... something they do tend to do in real life for joe avg!

if you are understeering everywhere = you aren't braking early enough.

solution - brake earlier.

Touring Mars - its more than likely the settings on your tv as to why the two tv sets look different with the same game. There is a bit of a problem atm with the demo i have myself. shadows are too dark but i'm dealing with it since nothing else i watch has any problems.

Not complaining about the understeer, concerned about the lack of oversteer. It's the combination of both of them that makes driving fast challenging & fun.

if u r sure u r using the correct setting now.... i would suggest taking the ISF and the Beemer out for a spin..... if u don't manage to get any oversteer happening there is something incredibly wrong... because those 2 will oversteer at the mere thought of a bend what view r u using just out of curiosity? even the sti will give u trail-braking oversteer too but the others are mainly set up to understeer first..... something they do tend to do in real life for joe avg!

Tried flooring the GTR coming out of the hairpin & ... nothing. But I believe the GTR is AWD. We need a big, powerful FR or RR in the demo.

I'm going to give the ISF & Beemer a try right now (I had been driving with the Traction setting on 5 - 10 :rolleyes:) - I'll get back to you...

Definitely a bit of oversteer happening with the 135i, more so with the ISF - even wheel-spin from a standing start. 👍 Not quite where it could be, but encouraging.

Now we just need get our paws on something like a RUF, or a Viper - hell even a Mustang would do...

Hm...I've yet to try the demo but what about using the N tires. I've come to see the sports tires as r-compounds or DOT track tires , something with far more grip than even a performance all season ie N3?

Touring Mars - its more than likely the settings on your tv as to why the two tv sets look different with the same game. There is a bit of a problem atm with the demo i have myself. shadows are too dark but i'm dealing with it since nothing else i watch has any problems.

or simply not braking enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-PaP

or simply not braking enough.

Not complaining about the understeer, concerned about the lack of oversteer. It's the combination of both of them that makes driving fast challenging & fun.

!

The Lexus ISF with 'professional' setting, no aids oversteers quite happely.

I reckon it must be something to do with the TV - but it's very weird that it only happens with GT5:Prologue Demo and nothing else (so far)... :crazy:

I've got a very weird problem with the GT5:P demo... I have two almost identical TV's and for some inexplicable reason, the colours are all wrong when I play GT5:P demo on one set, but not the other. Everything else on the PS3 looks perfectly the same on both TV's, so where's the beef? :confused: Is there maybe some setting on the PS3 that is inconsistent with one TV and not the other for some reason?
It sounds like one of your TV's does not support NTSC video. That would explain the drastic color difference. Many PAL TV's do not support NTSC video, but some do. Sounds like you have one of each. :)

Tomorrow a new GT TV item goes online.

"THE INSIDE STORY GT-R Legend I" will be available until the 6th of December (it's a hefty 11 minutes long).

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d1466.html
Thanks for the heads-up! 👍

Still no news on Prologue........this close to the 'supposed' release.
Somethings not right. Oh god no,please not another delay.:scared:

It sounds like one of your TV's does not support NTSC video. That would explain the drastic color difference. Many PAL TV's do not support NTSC video, but some do. Sounds like you have one of each. :)
Ah... that would make sense. I wonder if the only other demo I've downloaded from the Japanese store (Bladestorm) would appear the same on that TV in this case (I take it it probably should?) I'll try it later... I can now rest in peace knowing that there's nowt I can do about it, rather than having the niggling thought that there's a knob on my PS3 that I could twiddle to fix the problem :D Thanks for the info 👍

Still no news on Prologue........this close to the 'supposed' release.
Somethings not right. Oh god no,please not another delay.:scared:

What news in specific are you looking for?

The JP prologue will not be delayed if that is what you are wondering.

Tomorrow a new GT TV item goes online.

"THE INSIDE STORY GT-R Legend I" will be available until the 6th of December (it's a hefty 11 minutes long).

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/d1466.html
I updated the GTTV thread with info on this new video and some additional info as well about the video:

UPDATE: New GT-TV Content

BTW: The new video is the first of a three part series, and features some really nice footage of the GT-R in action at the Nürburgring as well as some nice shots of the under carriage, engine bay, and interiors.

What's interesting is that the translation suggests this GTTV feature for the demo is just a trial, and that it will end next week... but it also suggests part 2 and part 3 won't be released until the December 13th release date for GT5:P in Japan. So this may be the last video for the demo, and all future GTTV releases will be for the full game only.

By the way, you were right about the NTSC thing, D-N 👍 I tried some other demos on the other TV and sure enough, all the ones I have downloaded from either the US store or the JP store have screwed up colours! Luckily, they look fine on my other TV, even though the two TV's are made by the same manufacturer and the one that doesn't work properly with NTSC games is supposed to be the newer version of my older one :ouch:

Mine GT-TV and GT-news stopped working, when i click on the icons i just get some message in Japanese.

i hope the GT-TV video's from GT5p demo will work on GT5p, if not then i can start deleting them.👎

Mine GT-TV and GT-news stopped working, when i click on the icons i just get some message in Japanese.

Same thing here 👎

I can't get the Lexus and Mazda unlocked either. I am connected to the internet, I am signed in...I've tried it with both my Canadian account and my Japanese account, but nothing. :(

Do the cars just not unlock anymore now that the demo's been taken off the Japanese PS store?

if you didn't unlock the cars before the 30th of november or have deleted your save game, or using a different username then you will have lost the cars being unlocked.

gttv and gtnews closed from the 7th at midnight japan time (i was trying to get the skyline video from about 2-3 hours before midnight and it was already closed.

Back