GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
Thought the 24 Hour race was the biggest event there.

Well I meant the largest exposure to an audience, there aren't any F1 races on the Nürburgring anymore ( well the Nordschleife anyway and the F1 race this year was somewhere else I believe ) and Le Mans is synonymous with the 24 hour race.:)

a148e86c.jpg

What concerns me from this image, is the lack of intermediate/wet tyre option. We have heard about weather incorporation, but there is currently no suggestion of wet tyres being modelled. The sports tyre, is not a racing wet tyre.

Now its possible, that the wet tyres are included with the slick racing tyres but simply aren't modelled for this image. It's also possible that wet tyres are in a special section with the dirt and snow tyres. It's perhaps a little early for my concern after all.

What concerns me from this image, is the lack of intermediate/wet tyre option. We have heard about weather incorporation, but there is currently no suggestion of wet tyres being modelled. The sports tyre, is not a racing wet tyre.

Now its possible, that the wet tyres are included with the slick racing tyres but simply aren't modelled for this image. It's also possible that wet tyres are in a special section with the dirt and snow tyres. It's perhaps a little early for my concern after all.

Maybe the wet tyres are on a seperate page along with the dirt and snow tyres?

You answered it already :)
No chance that the dirt/snow tyres are missing in the game so they will have a special section, and after we saw the option to use wet tyres (in one of the GC demos) they won't be missing too :)
Plus, Kaz already confirmed that there will be dynamic weather (= rain at least, hopefully snow or fog too :)) for some races in the game :D

These tyres are for normal conditions, the options for other conditions may be in a sub-category of this, like when you choose whether you want hard or soft tyres

Well I meant the largest exposure to an audience, there aren't any F1 races on the Nürburgring anymore ( well the Nordschleife anyway and the F1 race this year was somewhere else I believe ) and Le Mans is synonymous with the 24 hour race.:)

The Nurburgring certainly has F1, but every other year, it shares the german GP with Hockenheim.

The Nurburgring certainly has F1, but every other year, it shares the german GP with Hockenheim.

You're right, one of the reasons though that the F1 race at Spa might be the occasion for any GT5 news or confirmation of this track may be simply the calendar as I think the Spa 24 hour race has already passed this year.

Well, who knows, just don`t see the why they would tell us now, GT has no connection with F1, my bet is we get the full track list at TGS. Personally, I hope that they won`t reveal, I want to find out when I start up my game November 3rd.

^If Vettel and Newey are involved that could only mean that the car we will see is the Red Bull RB5. Not the RB4 because Vettel only tested it and never drove it in a Grand Prix, not the RB6 because Codemasters got the license.

^Yes but that don't explain this

Has it occured to anyone that since its a "Collaboration", we might be seeing a fictional design like the NIKE car instead of any real F1 car?

You don't know if Codemasters have exclusive rights for single cars.

Seeing as no one outside Codemasters has a 2009 or 2010 car in their game as well as Iracing having not release the Williams FW31 yet for the sim, it seems to at least indicate they do.

maybe only an impression.. but i see more grip than before (E3) on rally cars

only thanks to tires selection?

He has traction control on maximum! :)
He put in max throttle and the game only gave him 10%. Watch the red bar on the thottle indicator on the left

You don't know if Codemasters have exclusive rights for single cars.
Codemasters bought the rights to the entire 2010 season hence, why the drivers in the game will never change cars or numbers after the season. If they hadn't snagged it back in 2008, I'm sure a much more current F1 car would in GT5 than just the 2007 Ferrari.

maybe only an impression.. but i see more grip than before (E3) on rally cars

only thanks to tires selection?

The shifting animations are also much improved here. The driver moves to press the paddle and then moves back almost right away. It could still use some work so it's a more fluid animation but this is much, much better than having the hand just stay there for a second or two like it used to.

^If Vettel and Newey are involved that could only mean that the car we will see is the Red Bull RB5. Not the RB4 because Vettel only tested it and never drove it in a Grand Prix, not the RB6 because Codemasters got the license.

dear god i hope you're right, the 2008 f1s were the best looking and it just went down hill from there

Yes, but you could choose the hardness of the tires

You mean in the GT5 demo?? For dirt tires??

Cuz i dont remember there being a compound choice before.

And there's no TCS or ASM on dirt\snow (so far as far as we know in GT) , the !Triangle isnt bleeping. Maybe it gave him 10% because he floored it and made the wheels spin losing all grip?

The red bar is behind the throttle bar, the brake bar is to the left. So maybe its just an indicator of loss of grip?

Last edited:
You mean in the GT5 demo?? For dirt tires??

Cuz i dont remember there being a compound choice before.

And there's no TCS or ASM on dirt\snow (so far as far as we know in GT) , the !Triangle isnt bleeping. Maybe it gave him 10% because he floored it and made the wheels spin losing all grip?

The red bar is behind the throttle bar, the brake bar is to the left. So maybe its just an indicator of loss of grip?

The red bar behind the throttle meter is for traction control. Red is what your pedal registers, white is what you getting after the traction control has done it's job. If you turn off traction control the bar won't show up

Back