Boozyblokes Place Update 3-8-11 Old wet car 2.0 competition entry and reject

• Thread starter boozybloke
  • 205 comments
Afghanistan
Afghanistan
Banner1.jpg

Hello there and welcome to my little gallery. I like to shoot interesting and bold pictures, and I'm trying to develop my photoshop skills, so the later sets will have some post-processing done on them.

I haven't uploaded large versions of all the pictures yet, due to a photobucket use misunderstanding, but there are links for the ones I have. From the Dodge Charger at Chamoniex set onwards, click the picture for a larger version

I hope you like my pictures anyway, feel free to add a comment or critique. There's some random ones to start with in this first post

Newest updates

Old wet car 2.0 competition entry & reject

Lotus Esprit

Lexus IS-F @ Grand Valley

Ferarri Enzo @ La Sarth

Going for gold Ferarri racecar @ tokyo R246

Dodge Vipers

Nissan Skyline R34

TVR Tamora @ Deep forest

Alfa 8C at Toscana

Popart stuff

Anatomy of a drift

Experimental stuff here

Previous updates, latest first

Competition entries and rejects week 13

Random shots
Chamonix-Main.jpg
EigerNordwandKTrail.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_7.jpg
RedBullHangar-7-1.jpg

Lucerne-ChapelBridge_2.jpg
RoadCourse-Indy.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife.jpg
Lucerne-ChapelBridge_1.jpg

Lucerne-ChapelBridge.jpg

GrandValleySpeedway_2.jpg

Last edited:
Charging through the snow section
This shoot was to make an entry for this weeks (week 6) photo comp, but I got some interesting shots so I thought I'd post them here. This was the final entry which didn't even make it to the vote

I particularly like this last one because, if you look through the windscreen, it shows the 'magic glass' glitch. I would have used it in the comp, but the blockyness from the snow cloud spoils it a little

Last edited:
Drifting @ Tsukuba
The following shoot was taken from my best lap in the seasonal drifting event at Tsukuba in my C63 AMG. The lap was good for 13,417 points and catapulted me to a heady 8263rd position (at the time)

Ferrari 430 Scudaria section

The last two pictures are my attempt at HDR, after seeing some of the outstanding work that has been contributed on this forum I had to have a go. Let me know if you think they're any good

Last edited:
Online race 180 SX and others
A few photos taken with some mates online. I was in the 180 SX (and I won)
These shots have all been photoshopped, to alter levels/sharpness

Lancia Delta
This set was taken for the week 7 photo competitions, final entries are here and here
All but a couple of pictures have been photoshopped in some way

Bonus HDR shot

Last edited:
Raybrig NSX
photoshopped
I bought this mainly because I liked the looks of it, and I knew it would produce some interesting effects with the chrome sections of paint. It also sounds fantastic as it screams down the track

HDRs

Last edited:
Great stuff man, don't know where to start! Love the Scud pics, as its one of my favorite cars on the game and you really capture it well...love the way you compose your pics too. Good stuff!

Update 25-1-11
Dodge Charger retrograph and others
My entry to the 2.0 week 9 photocomp (top), and the nearly-made-it's that I fiddled with

Let me know if you think I chose the right picture to enter

Last edited:
Here's a little teaser of the set that's coming next...

\/ Which I've now moved back down with the rest of the update \/

Last edited:
Great stuff man, don't know where to start! Love the Scud pics, as its one of my favorite cars on the game and you really capture it well...love the way you compose your pics too. Good stuff!

Thanks! Really glad people are liking my pictures, in fact thank you to all that have commented

Zonda R update
I know this car has had a few outings throughout the forum, but I finally got Bob to win it for me so I had to have a session myself. The first one is HDR, the others are just photoshopped

Your Zonda R and NSX Raybrig shots are Jaw dropping.MOOOOAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR :D
Oh and is there anyway to get Photomatix for free :D ?

Your Zonda R and NSX Raybrig shots are Jaw dropping.MOOOOAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR :D
Oh and is there anyway to get Photomatix for free :D ?

Wow, thanks man :) That's really great to hear coming from you!

And yep, Photomatix trial version available from here. It leaves a watermark, but for practicing/experimenting it's ok, and you can always crop/photoshop it out 👍

NSX update is my fav., nice gallery. The Zonda R pictures are really good too.
(Pleas visit my gallery if you have some time left :))

Back