Tt & dt 29

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 354 comments
Hey is anyone willing to share there shelby or 2j with me? I just got the game last week and would like to give these time trials a go & get some help from the pros.

Hey is anyone willing to share there shelby or 2j with me? I just got the game last week and would like to give these time trials a go & get some help from the pros.

You can borrow mine if you like? bellybox

chriz00
I can't seem to break my old time at the Cape Ring in my Camaro SS, It's not the car, It's me!!! Grrrr!!!! It seems like some day's I am in the mood and other days I'm not. What the eff is wrong with me!!!! :(

Guess I'll just keep trying.

I have the same problem. My mood alters my skill level. Some days I have to keep reminding myself, "Inhale, exhale, natural point of aim." If it doesn't work I'll run B spec or GV300.

Have to tune my other 2j because I see that Ugabugaz 2j gives 497 hp with 80 extra kg and mine gives 484 hp with 79 kg. Is the thing that the regidity gives so much extra pp that I lose so many horses?
I have no extra turbo because that steels som horses because the extra pp. What kind of parts have you on yours Ugabugaz since you have those extra hp that I want?

I've got nothing special on my 2J..I've never done an oil-change, so there's that..Other than that, Just Ballast + Power Limiter. No Turbo or anything like that. Rigidity doesn't do anything PP wise. I don't have it installed either way.

My Power Limiter is at 72.9 %

I finally golded both of the drift trials! 👍 I've only ever golded one event in the past and 1 silver. Gave up doing them, since they weren't fun for me. I'm starting to get it and now I'm having fun doing them. I used the 70 Chevelle SS and the Supra RZ. I love the Supra for drifting, easy to get started and control throughout the turn. No more ranking in the 70,000+ range! I was 14,xxx in both, so I'm pretty proud of that! I never thought I'd learn to drift... EVER! :)

I've got nothing special on my 2J..I've never done an oil-change, so there's that..Other than that, Just Ballast + Power Limiter. No Turbo or anything like that. Rigidity doesn't do anything PP wise. I don't have it installed either way.

My Power Limiter is at 72.9 %

The way PP is calculated based on horsepower seems to be area under the curve.

That being the case, the less power you start with (no oil change) the less you have to limit. The less you limit the higher the peak power can be for the same area under the curve.

If you want to test this, install a high rpm turbo and limit down to 600PP. Your peak will be less than if you limit to 600PP without turbo.

But keep in mind the 2J used a huge rpm range due to it's 3-speed box. So a high peak hp is not necessarily the goal. Highest average power over the operating range is key.

MetalJet
I finally golded both of the drift trials! 👍 I've only ever golded one event in the past and 1 silver. Gave up doing them, since they weren't fun for me. I'm starting to get it and now I'm having fun doing them. I used the 70 Chevelle SS and the Supra RZ. I love the Supra for drifting, easy to get started and control throughout the turn. No more ranking in the 70,000+ range! I was 14,xxx in both, so I'm pretty proud of that! I never thought I'd learn to drift... EVER! :)

Congratulations

Mmm, I don't understand how you get that numbers.:nervous: MS 340? MS Top Right? It seems like you don't use the Tranny Trick. If anyone can explain me how to set the eclipse's gearbox I'm gonna thanks!
Thanks you Ramon for share your tunning 👍, It takes hard work & time!
There's nothing complicated, if I remember well, I tweaked the first and third gear and later the final ratio, that's all.

ugabugaz, you're very polite, feel free to use any part of my tune.

Lorenzo, if you want to be fast with these tyres, you need that wing at full downforce, simply do a test.

Just had one of those gut-wrenching moments, was 0.6 up on my ghost by T1, needless to say I chocked a bit and lost it at Spoon. :banghead:
Good thing is that I found time in T1 and T3 so technichally I'm able to do a 1'58.8xx.
One interesting thing with me is that I always do my best laps in first 15 minutes, everything after that is just waste of time, as proven many times (in my case of course). I always do an amazing lap in like, first 3 laps and then I spend hours trying to beat that.
I guess fresh mind keeps my head cool.

Great Tune, thanks dude.

Seconded. Awesome tune eclipsee - thanks a lot for sharing it! 👍 I did a 1.59.0 with my own tune, then slapped yours on and did a 1.58.7 straight out of the box, had another go yesterday to get a 1.58.6 .

Think I did my last try at Suzuka. Got in to 219 on the toplist with 2.00'9. Have got faster times in me but once up on the ghostcar I start to look at those little arrows in the top left corner. And off course the ghost catches me when I surf out in the sand :) would be nice if you could remove those arrows but I havent managed to do that. I can take away everything but those.
Can it be done?
I would be a happy man if it was possible.

Lustika
Think I did my last try at Suzuka. Got in to 219 on the toplist with 2.00'9. Have got faster times in me but once up on the ghostcar I start to look at those little arrows in the top left corner. And off course the ghost catches me when I surf out in the sand :) would be nice if you could remove those arrows but I havent managed to do that. I can take away everything but those.
Can it be done?
I would be a happy man if it was possible.

Remove the course map, if that's got the ghost and your car on it as 'arrows', just go into quick options and disable it, much less distracting :)

Emptyone
Remove the course map, if that's got the ghost and your car on it as 'arrows', just go into quick options and disable it, much less distracting :)

Thank you:) I will do that.

It looks like the ways of the Ballast just aren't for me..I tried every combination possible..Eclipsee's tune, my tune, but I simply couldn't make it work..With ballast the 2J feels sluggish through the corners, absolute disaster. After the first split I'm just so much slower than if I go no ballast. I make up some of that time later on in the lap but still, I can't go faster..

Think I'll have to admit defeat for now.
Edit; I was just being silly..

Last edited:
Disregard my previous post..I think I worked out the problem with the setup (Me).

Here is my preliminary (meaning not final, subject to change) ballast loving setup: It's pretty much the same as my old one.

Transmission: Set the transmission in this order. First Reset to Default
1) First Gear to 1.118
2) Second Gear to 0.900 (Stock - No need to change)
3) Third Gear to 0.755
4) Final Gear to 4.300

LSD: 8/18/10

Brake Balance: 2/6 (Up to you - preference choice)

Suspension:
Ride: -10/-07
Springs: 18.2/20.0
Dampers Extension: 9/10
Dampers Compression: 8/9
Anti Roll: 1/2

Camber: 2.2/0.8
Toe: -0.14/-0.16

Ballast: Place between 78-81 kg Ballast in Positions 0 to -50. All up to you. Tune works fine. Setting to position -50 will give you a bit more speed but a bit worse cornering. Setting it to position 0 is of course, the opposite.

A big Thanks to eclipsee for the following parts of the tune: Transmission, Idea of Ballast, Toe Setup type (Mine is different, but uses a similar concept)

1:59.799 with a messy lap (First sector, Plus another corner, Did the ending great though)
Found more time but I spun out - At my best I'm thinking 58.8-.9. Don't think I can do any better than that though, and even getting to a high 58 will take patience..

Last edited:
This is what Im using on the Cape Ring TT:

Shelby Series One '03

319HP 1155Kg

Weight Red. 3
Window Weight Red.

Suspension
-10/-20
14.9/10.0
5/3
5/3
4/2
2.0/1.0
-0.15/0.10

BB 5/6

LSD 10/40/20

Transmission
Tranny Trick @ 240Km/h
Final 3960
TopSpeed 180 Km/h

Ballast 132 @ +50

Pow. Lim. 100.0%

Rear Wing 20

Time: 2:49.917 59 Overall

Ballast: Place between 78-81 kg Ballast in Positions 0 to -50. All up to you. Tune works fine. Setting to position -50 will give you a bit more speed but a bit worse cornering. Setting it to position 0 is of course, the opposite.

Well that explains a lot. haha I have been using as heavy as it would go, all on the front thinking this should be turning better with all the weight up front. Am I wrong? I know it seems to be a bit harder to slow down and turn but I thought I should be getting better grip up there. But actually I need more grip in the rear because it gets out from under me too easily. Speaking of which, your rear springs are very stiff. Doesn't that make it more likely to spin coming out of turns?

btw thanks to those that have posted tunes. Very very helpful. Sitting at a 2.01 but can/will do better.

Well that explains a lot. haha I have been using as heavy as it would go, all on the front thinking this should be turning better with all the weight up front. Am I wrong? I know it seems to be a bit harder to slow down and turn but I thought I should be getting better grip up there. But actually I need more grip in the rear because it gets out from under me too easily. Speaking of which, your rear springs are very stiff. Doesn't that make it more likely to spin coming out of turns?

btw thanks to those that have posted tunes. Very very helpful. Sitting at a 2.01 but can/will do better.

To be honest, I don't have a concrete understanding either..What I posted is just from my own personal experience. Ballast in front felt a bit more like the car was plowing, and thus slower. As for the rear spring-rates, I mean it feels alright, As long as there's a balance between front and rear it's okay.

Good afternoon/evening to all,

I finally decided to write to you, first of all I wanted to congratulate you for your beautiful community, there are many interesting people on this forum.

I am French/Portuguese, so I'll try to do my best so that you can understand me (thank you google !).

Firstly I would like to mention the active direction, we must understand that it's not a magic help, on the contrary it can be an annoyance, for me it's just a habit, I do never play online and so I do not have the habit of playing without. It would be a shame to just one month of GTacademy to learn to play without...

Following vehicles can be more or less useful, many people (the Italians) have accused me of playing with, if they would be more efficient with I think they do not bereave.

It's still different from traction control, even if ultimately it is also a hindrance than a help.

After this I will like you forgot to bring my help by posting my entire configuration in English, I configured my PS3 in English on purpose to give you the configuration in English ! :)

I still have room for a 2'46'3xx but it will be impossible with my current setup to fetch Eclipsi, it must have a configuration very effective, as always.

I'm not a very good trimmer but I'll post my setup still hoping it will be useful, I hope in the future obtain against the clock without setting options to be able to beat a playing field, here is my setup in English :

Setup Shelby for the Cape Ring (wheel) :

170057144f3d97da139a4.png

170101194f3d98cfe2c7e.png

Good evening everyone and especially good luck. 👍

Regards,
Yinato.

Last edited:
Hello Yinato, nice to see you around here!
First, I wanna congratulate you for yours awesome driven skills(Active Steering or not, you always are in the Top). 👍
Second, for be humble to post this thread sharing your tuning with all of us. 👍
Third, I will try it and feedback about it, It seems to be similar to my tune.

Thank you again!

Nothing Twissy, you are a great driver, good luck for you ! 👍

Thought I'd quote your shorter post rather than the one with the actual setup.

Quite different from how I would setup a car, so this should be interesting :)

I'll give it a go, here's hoping it brings me a good time in return. Been focusing solely on Suzuka, so this should be a nice change of pace.

Good to see you on GTP!

Nothing Twissy, you are a great driver, good luck for you ! 👍

Well I tried your setup Yinato and I found 7 tenths after a few laps:tup:

Its very tail happy as I guess all the weight is going to the rear, so steering input has to be so smooth. I managed to get it down to a 2'46.9xx, good enough for 5th, but I think there is only 2 tenths left in for myself.

Good luck everyone else:tup: definatley try Yinato's tune

Hey Yinato, you are awesome. Thank you very much for the setup. I was wondering, since I don't have a Shelby Series One, would you be willing to post your tune for the Camaro SS? That one I have but just can't get the setup right. I was in the top 500 (433) but I know with the right setup I could squeeze a bit more out of it. Or a 2J setup would be cool to. Thanks again and great driving.

On a funny note, I tried to use your ghost to follow and try to do what you do, but after the first turn, You are too far ahead to even see what you are doing. haha. Thanks again

Good afternoon/evening to all,
Firstly I would like to mention the active direction, we must understand that it's not a magic help, on the contrary it can be an annoyance, for me it's just a habit, I do never play online and so I do not have the habit of playing without.

Google translate failed big time here, let me help you....real translation is : you must understand that im trying to legitimate active steering because i'm slower without it, thats why i never drive with AS off,how can it be an annoyance if im faster with it ^^ and i can't show my face online,i will get beaten hard cause everybody is playing without aids :( (hint:u could join noobs rooms,AS is enabled there).

...rest of message is random babbling + a candy to gtplanet....

Now lets throw in some informations...supported by facts of course ,Active steering is an "handling advantage", you can blatantly notice its effect with RWD cars on short tracks,see latest TTs @ tsukuba and autumn ring with GSX, 6/7 out of 10 players in top ten were using it.
It help in oversteer control,lets say it kills the excessive turn in allowing a smoother drive with less corrections.
It works also in longer tracks (see GTR N24 @ NUR gp/f), you could ask infos about this directly to Eclipsi cause he used it there and saw the effectiveness--> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=235301&page=10 .

I think yinato is a decent Time Trialer,(shame hes an horrible racer, i raced with him personally and he looked like a 2 years old on his 1st race...could be the AS?) and he have the rights to use active steering as much as he want, but he can't twist the truth in his favour.

yinato..dude seriosly Y U NOT amaze us with your skill without AS? just 1 time for the LOLs.

FAK
Google translate failed big time here, let me help you....real translation is : you must understand that im trying to legitimate active steering because i'm slower without it, thats why i never drive with AS off,how can it be an annoyance if im faster with it ^^ and i can't show my face online,i will get beaten hard cause everybody is playing without aids :( (hint:u could join noobs rooms,AS is enabled there).

...rest of message is random babbling + a candy to gtplanet....

Now lets throw in some informations...supported by facts of course ,Active steering is an "handling advantage", you can blatantly notice its effect with RWD cars on short tracks,see latest TTs @ tsukuba and autumn ring with GSX, 6/7 out of 10 players in top ten were using it.
It help in oversteer control,lets say it kills the excessive turn in allowing a smoother drive with less corrections.
It works also in longer tracks (see GTR N24 @ NUR gp/f), you could ask infos about this directly to Eclipsi cause he used it there and saw the effectiveness--> https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=235301&page=10 .

I think yinato is a decent Time Trialer,(shame hes an horrible racer, i raced with him personally and he looked like a 2 years old on his 1st race...could be the AS?) and he have the rights to use active steering as much as he want, but he can't twist the truth in his favour.

yinato..dude seriosly Y U NOT amaze us with your skill without AS? just 1 time for the LOLs.

Wow dude, the first thing that came to mind after I read this is, you must be insanely jealous. There is no reason for you to rip on this guy at all. This was totally uncalled for. You must have needed an ego boost or something. You are way out of line here. As long as active steering is allowed in an event, there is nothing wrong with using it. You really need to get over yourself and stop putting others down just because they use an allowable aid. I think you need a nap or something.

Back