Tt & dt 29

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 354 comments
Just by looking at that...Remove Aero..Remove Chassis reinforcement (I know you can't), Remove Ballast.

Yes sir! :dopey:

I'm taking a break atm, but when I get back I'll try your suggestion and probably buy another Camaro SS so that the Chassis Reinforcement isn't there. :)

Also, would you recommend doing an oil change when I buy the new Camaro?

Thank's! 👍

Yes sir! :dopey:

I'm taking a break atm, but when I get back I'll try your suggestion and probably buy another Camaro SS so that the Chassis Reinforcement isn't there. :)

Also, would you recommend doing an oil change when I buy the new Camaro?

Thank's! 👍

Don't do the oil change, that will only give you more PP - You want less :)

Had a very short go at Suzuka 600pp (10 minutes) and got 2.00.7xx, I see a 59 very easily and that's what I'll focus on when I get some time to run, maybe even 58 if I'm lucky.
Great tune ugabugaz.

Okay, so I improved my time in the Camaro SS @ Cape Ring, thanks to "ugabugaz" advice! 👍

I am now at 2:52.560 and atm placed 223rd...which will soon go up, if I don't improve anytime soon lol

I will keep trying, I usually improve the more practice I put in.

Also, I got the time using the previous Camaro SS (the one with the "chassis reinforcement"), so when lowering the PP to 500, I get 355HP.

So I'll start practicing with my newer Camaro SS, w/o the chassis reinforcement, and has 358HP.

Will update if I improve! :dopey:

Had a very short go at Suzuka 600pp (10 minutes) and got 2.00.7xx, I see a 59 very easily and that's what I'll focus on when I get some time to run, maybe even 58 if I'm lucky.
Great tune ugabugaz.

Another satisfied customer! You're very welcome, I love having something I made be successful.

@Chriz00, I'll have that Camaro SS tune for you shortly.

Edit: Tune might take a little bit of time, not really sure how to proceed at the moment..

Last edited:
Well I just purchased the Camaro SS '10 a bit ago right before having to head out, haven't had a chance to drive it yet on the American 500 TT. I hope it slays, because I've tried everything else under the sun and can't get closer than 3.03:45... have another full second to chop off.

Another satisfied customer! You're very welcome, I love having something I made be successful.

@Chriz00, I'll have that Camaro SS tune for you shortly.

Edit: Tune might take a little bit of time, not really sure how to proceed at the moment..

Speaking of satisfied, I just lowered my time again! I am now at 2:51.984 which is good for 150th place!

I used the newer Camaro SS w/o the chassis reinforcement, so I guess the extra 3HP helped lol

Anyway, looking forward to your tune! It may help me improve even more, thank's again. 👍

Speaking of satisfied, I just lowered my time again! I am now at 2:51.984 which is good for 150th place!

I used the newer Camaro SS w/o the chassis reinforcement, so I guess the extra 3HP helped lol

Anyway, looking forward to your tune! It may help me improve even more, thank's again. 👍

I'm not really all that good on Cape Ring it seems, so don't take my word for everything, I'm no expert here BUT I did come up with something..Might help you. This is more of a preliminary tune than a fully tested one, so it might be to your liking, might not...Hell I'm not sure I even like it but it seems to be alright.

Suspension:
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 10.5/11.6
Dampers Extension: 8/8
Dampers Compression: 6/7
Anti Roll: 2/1

Camber: 1.8/2.2
Toe: 0.02/-0.08

LSD:10/18/10

I've only had a handful of runs on Cape Ring - I'm standing on a 52.641 which is quite ropey, but I've been focusing on Suzuka. Try out some Tuning Garages, I'm sure there are plenty of Camaro tunes floating around.

Last edited:
^^I'll give it a try, I may not even need a tune, just practice lol :dopey:

Down to 52.163 after two laps practice..I adjusted two things..Make things a little more over-steery..Try it this way.

Spring Rate: 10.5/11.6
Camber: 1.8/2.2

Bold indicates change

he gets an improve performance without an Oil change?
I'm not sure about that, what PD should add as part of performance points should be the use of active steering or any other aids.

cape ring was a bit challenging....tried 4 or 5 cars....
finally did it with a viper (the black one with the red stripe)...was fun to drive...
one of my buddies couldn't make it so he had a look at the rankings, took the ford gt and made a 2:59.... not really challening...
I like it to find out a fitting car myself...

anyhow I then took the ford gt just to see how it is and my first counted time was 2:57... ;-)

for suzuka i used the skyline R32 TC... 1 round at all gave me silver... 4th round gold..
quiet easy with that car...

I'm not going to try anymore...
Seriously, what is the point of all this, if I was to spend hours and hours into this just for it to dissapear in next 2 weeks.
Had another session, 30 minutes this time. Ended up in 2'00.5xx, completly gutted since I was up 0.7 just to end up only 0.2 up, on top of that I loaded leader's ghost - what the hell, he's at least 20km/h faster than me off the line, so I'm gonna say this - **** tuning & **** seasonal time trails full of people who can't wait to exploit every possible regulation there is.

*awaits the next fixed car seasonal like DC Challenge*

Sorry for this rant.

I must say I stopped trying to compete with the other drivers in a Time Trial right after the first TT Seasonal came out. I think it was FF's on Cape Ring with something like 800kg minimum etc.

Everybody was maxing out the Mazda Kusabi. No other cars on the leaderboard. Right then, I didn't see the point of it. It was pretty early in the game and I should ruin my only Kusabi with Stage 3 engine tuning and weight reduction so as to be able to compete? You find out what the best car is, because of some flaw in the PP-logic and that's it. Unless you did that, there was no point in even trying. And then, on top of that, came power restriction, so people could enter races where their cars didn't belong in.

So, ever since then, I take some car completely stock, beat the time no matter how close, and walk away with the money and gear. Doesn't really matter, if I'm in the top 1,000 or 50,000, because the times are not comparable anyway.

Unless they outlaw power restrictors in TT's or make the car on which it is used lose more PP's (which won't happen, because it's a fixed formula), I won't be trying for a higher ranking anymore. It's useless anyway.

Think of the Seasonals as more of a way to perfect your knowledge of a track rather than exploitation of cars. I think too many people are taking the Time Trials too seriously...Don't forget we also had stock events like the SLS On Top Gear. Just go with the flow and quit complaining.

I used to suck at time trials a couple of months ago - heck I was lucky to break in to the top 400-600 and now I'm consistently in the 20-50's on at least one event. All it takes is practice of the track and refining your driving technique. All there is to it. To those that hate the current Seasonals, try and do them with my take on it, You'll have a lot more fun that way.

Edit: I just opened the TT29 Cape Ring Leaderboards...What's going on here?
Currently #1 Place is held by x-KRIST-OFF-x and he's driving get this...a Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car with RACING SOFT tires, The event limit is Sports Hards...I think we've got an exploit going on here..

Last edited:
The problem anyway will always be that for some these gold times are already a great challenge.

The solution could be more prizes for every 0.5secs or so that you gain. So there would always be something to aim for, game prize wise. The lower you go, the money would get bigger & bigger. I'd like that 👍

I really like that idea!!!

ugabugaz
Currently #1 Place is held by x-KRIST-OFF-x and he's driving get this...a Clio Renault Sport Trophy Race Car with RACING SOFT tires, The event limit is Sports Hards...I think we've got an exploit going on here..

There is a thread about it. You can put racing soft on a shelby and it is possible to enter the tt. Just read about it in the other thread. So the leaderboard will probably change in next couple of hours. Very sad since I and others spent some time compeeting with rules and regulations. Big shame on those who cheats!!!!

Think of the Seasonals as more of a way to perfect your knowledge of a track rather than exploitation of cars. I think too many people are taking the Time Trials too seriously...Don't forget we also had stock events like the SLS On Top Gear. Just go with the flow and quit complaining.

I used to suck at time trials a couple of months ago - heck I was lucky to break in to the top 400-600 and now I'm consistently in the 20-50's on at least one event. All it takes is practice of the track and refining your driving technique. All there is to it. To those that hate the current Seasonals, try and do them with my take on it, You'll have a lot more fun that way.

I don't know what is the point of use a bug (exploit, vulnerability, or whatever you call it) of the game to be first in the overall standings.
I think the idea of the TT is measure our hability driving with the other participants.

I agree with most of the complaints but we are taking leaderboards too seriously. I am 38, have a job, a wife and a mortgage, and really dont expect to be able to compete with people who can dedicate hours on end to the game.
And then, this game has always been about the driving, the cars, the tracks: They are the reward for playing the game
Allowing just one car for each TT could help to even things out, but I still like to try different cars and setups, regardless of which the "miracle car" seems to be.
But it is still sad to know I was not as good as I thought!!

I agree with most of the complaints but we are taking leaderboards too seriously. I am 38, have a job, a wife and a mortgage, and really dont expect to be able to compete with people who can dedicate hours on end to the game.
And then, this game has always been about the driving, the cars, the tracks: They are the reward for playing the game
Allowing just one car for each TT could help to even things out, but I still like to try different cars and setups, regardless of which the "miracle car" seems to be.
But it is still sad to know I was not as good as I thought!!

No matter what restriction is placed, if they want to cheat they will do unless Polyphony Digital fix the big bugs in the game.

I'm not sure about that, what PD should add as part of performance points should be the use of active steering or any other aids.

Not a bad idea Ramon, I'm not sure if any aids can be faster in the long run but active steering sure can make you more consistent. I remember in the last academy I tried with and without active steering and was ultimately faster without it dk. I do know one thing though, they will never do it :P Maybe just have some tt's where all aids are forced off 👍

on top of that I loaded leader's ghost - what the hell, he's at least 20km/h faster than me off the line, so I'm gonna say this - **** tuning & **** seasonal time trails full of people who can't wait to exploit every possible regulation there is.

Agreement here. How that speed is obtained at the start line of that lap is beyond me, I know I'm not the greatest at taking casio but something does seem off. As for exploits, indeed if you want to compete you have to use them I guess, I'm not sure I would call a 'full' tuned car 'detuned' to fit regs is exploit but yeah, whatever.

Question for those running suz in the 2j, what is the deal with clipping grass? I mean the entire car is pulled off the track in a straight line? I'm not used to the car so I don't know if it's always been this way or what but seems strange to me. It's not from the new "banking" physics change?

Question for those running suz in the 2j, what is the deal with clipping grass? I mean the entire car is pulled off the track in a straight line? I'm not used to the car so I don't know if it's always been this way or what but seems strange to me. It's not from the new "banking" physics change?
Hey Erik, what do you expect from an over 700 BHP lawn mover? :D
Yep, I saw that weird clipping too, I haven't tried with any other car though.

arora

I would suspect it's to do with the ground effect of the 2J, much like the X1 which in the vettel challenges specifically tells you not to go on the kerbs/grass as it will just drag you off course, the 2J is likely pretty much the same

Hey Erik, what do you expect from an over 700 BHP lawn mover? :D
Yep, I saw that weird clipping too, I haven't tried with any other car though.

Is ground effect as said above i guess, exagurated imo, but just for fun

th_lawnmower.gif

:lol:

:lol:

How that speed is obtained at the start line of that lap is beyond me, I know I'm not the greatest at taking casio but something does seem off.
I still have to play with the ballast yet, I only have detuned the engine, but maybe you'll get a bit of boost if you add more HP's and kg's, send those kg's full rear.
Some cars have a better compromise if you add more HP's and kg's (some others just the opposite), maybe this expensive vacuum cleaner is one of those cases.

Back