2012 Japanese Grand Prix

• Thread starter PeterJB
  • 624 comments
Well, I just jumped to the supermarket for a few messages. My Japanese is rusty, but I heard an old couple talking about Kamui. :D A lot of people I know are vaguely aware of him. I have a feeling that that's about to change.

You might as well say Vettel won the championship already.

I'd love to be able to say that, but can't as it's not true.

No need for those rubbish nicknames, just call him Alonso. Because, frankly, your Alyawnso referal in each and every one of your posts is starting to annoy me.

Imagine how I feel whenever I read "finger boy". :sly:

Massively disappointed by the result.

2012 has been a great year for Formula 1. It would be a shame if Vettel spoiled it all by winning the championship.

Massively disappointed by the result.

2012 has been a great year for Formula 1. It would be a shame if Vettel spoiled it all by winning the championship.

Feels weird, but I strongly agree. But I'm ok as long as it's close. I'm now gonna root for Alonso. And me saying that just last year... no way it could ever happen.

Well, I just jumped to the supermarket for a few messages.

Does that mean you are doing the shopping?

I don't get how they are messages?

Anyway hope Kamui can keep it going and Perez can get a good finish in Korea as well I really want Sauber to catch Mercedes.

Kobayashi getting 3rd and Massa 2nd has really made me happy today. :)

On the subject of Grand Chelem's, here is a list of the top 11 drivers with the most Grand Chelem's. Vettel is tied for eight with Fangio, Brabham and Hakkinen who each have two.

Does that mean you are doing the shopping?

I don't get how they are messages?

Yes it does. It's an expression. I have no idea of the origin of the expression, but my Grandmother said it all the time.

Edit: According to Urban dictionary, it's either of Scottish or Scouse origin. Language warning. Stereotype warning too. :rolleyes:

Vettel will win this one. This is always his track.

Think about it. What if Vettel won, and Alonso dnf's?

Haha! Looks like someone was reading that. :embarrassed:

Great result for Seb! I said this from the moment the lights went green in Australia. 2012 will once again be Sebastian's year!

Driver of the decade: Sebastian Vettel!

Brb, buying lottery tickets.

Unfortunately it seems that everyone else have thrown away the chance and that it is now a two horse race. It also seems like Red Bull once again have managed to evolve the car into a machine that suits Vettel perfectly. I can easily envision a season ending with three or four Vettel wins of the remaning five races.

Unfortunately it seems that everyone else have thrown away the chance and that it is now a two horse race. It also seems like Red Bull once again have managed to evolve the car into a machine that suits Vettel perfectly. I can easily envision a season ending with three or four Vettel wins of the remaning five races.

The title is definitely Vettel's to lose now.
The only way Alonso have a shot at the title is if Vettel has a retirement. He just doesn't have the car, so unfortunately for him, it doesn't matter how brilliant and amazing he is each race.

The real question is, on a scale of 1-10 just how angry would Luca Di Montezemolo be If Ferrari lost the drivers championship? :lol:

The real question is, on a scale of 1-10 just how angry would Luca Di Montezemolo be If Ferrari lost the drivers championship? :lol:

I don't want Vettel to win the title again but I do love Luca's reactions. :) I don't want Kimi, Vettel or Alonso to win it but it looks like it will be one of those drivers. Then again Lewis is only 42 points behind Fernando with 5 to go and I think the car's pace this weekend was just an anomaly.

Well it's their own bloody fault for not being able to build a good enough car despite having the largest budget of all. Alonso has flattered the car all season long, without him they would be duking it out with the Force Indias and the Saubers in the constructor's. I really really dislike Ferrari.

Last edited:
TBH I don't want either of Vettel or Alonso to win the title. Now I have to decide who I don't want to win less. Probably Vettel.

TBH I don't want either of Vettel or Alonso to win the title. Now I have to decide who I don't want to win less. Probably Vettel.

I'd prefer Alonso to win it, to break the monotony of Vettel winning constantly. Plus his early-season drives were fantastic to watch.

They've never been favourite at any stage this season, so he shouldn't be. Last year their windtunnel sent them off course and now its happened again at the pointy end of the season; it's too harsh to say their design team is incompetent as they are F1 designer's after all, but they are not far off.

Ferrari cost Alonso the title in 2010 in one race - the last race - , and this year it seems it will be a drawn out process of tantalising hope and ultimately falling short. In either case, its extremely frustrating.

Imagine how I feel whenever I read "finger boy". :sly:

Well you gotta admit he seems to be very proud of his finger, he shows it whenever he feels happy. And when he's not he throws his gloves at people probably indicating the finger didn't feel good in there :D.

And on a serious note, ferrari realy need to up their game, Alonso is gonna loose out on his second championship like this despite some incredible drives...

Id rather Alonso won the title than Vettel..'cause if Vettel won it, it'll boring and predictable!

I'd prefer Alonso over Vettel, I just feel he deserves it more. If Ferrari manage to get their act together and give Alonso a car that can match Vettel's, it'd be a great battle till the last race. Or maybe they'll both strike out at the next race and Hamilton can win.

Well you gotta admit he seems to be very proud of his finger, he shows it whenever he feels happy. And when he's not he throws his gloves at people probably indicating the finger didn't feel good in there :D.

When did Sebastian ever throw his gloves at someone? I've seen him throw his gloves in frustration, but many drivers do this. Not at a person though.

So you don't like his celebrations? I don't like the way Lewis waves his fists about, but you don't see me complaining. If you want to talk about annoying celebrations, go and watch football.

RTL_Television_2012_10_07_09_33_07.jpg

:D

From Autosport:
"I had no space on the right, I had Button I think on my left, I had Kimi... and I don't understand why Kimi didn't lift off or anything because there was not any room," Alonso said of the first corner fracas.

"I don't know what Kimi's idea was for the first corner, but that is the way it is and this time it was bad luck for us."

11049587.jpg

Let him say it himself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_sMZG0MLcc

Every now and then Alonso forgets that F1 is racing where you have to battle for positions and not everyone will simply drive off the track for "King Alonso". I also like how he totally diminishes Felipes result in the Autosport interview.

Yeah, needless to say, I'm rooting for Vettel for WC.

Edit:
@gorsand
After watching this, it seems that Button turned towards Alonso after those pictures. But still, there was enough room for Alonso not to run into Räikkönen. I also think that it's a racing incident, he got startled by Buttons move and made an avoiding action. Kimi couldn't jump hard on the brakes because half of his tires were on the grass. Racing incident, but if someone should take the blame, it should imo be Alonso. He seems to think otherwise, but that's nothing new.

Last edited:
That crash was no one's fault in my opinion. But from those pictures I wonder why Alonso didn't go right, no one was there. I guess it's harder to do that at 200kmph though.

gorsad
That crash was no one's fault in my opinion. But from those pictures I wonder why Alonso didn't go right, no one was there. I guess it's harder to do that at 200kmph though.

Agreed... I feel that it isn't anyone's fault in particular, even though Alonso could've somewhat avoided the situation easily IMO.

To add on, at last a podium finish for Kobayashi :D :D Awesome crowd too, really love this track, especially when racing in it in GT5 online 👍

Last edited:
Every now and then Alonso forgets that F1 is racing where you have to battle for positions and not everyone will simply drive off the track for "King Alonso". I also like how he totally diminishes Felipes result in the Autosport interview.

Sorry, but that's a load of poo. Yes, Alonso was in the wrong this time, but he's one of a very select few drivers capable of racing both cleanly, fairly and hard at every race, plus being pragmatic off the circuit - a complete change from his old self at Renault.

He's absolutely within his rights to be frustrated for his race ending so early (particularly given similar misfortune at Spa), and it doesn't automatically make him "King Alonso" that he's complaining about it. It's not like he's calling Kimi a massive knob or anything.

The first corner is a fairly fraught environment, and I don't see it as being out of the question that he didn't even realise Kimi was on that side of him. As you can see in the images you posted, he had a car directly in front and two on the inside of him to concentrate on.

Come on Vettel, please retire in the next race. This title has Alonso written all over it.

Kobayashi was absolutely fantastic. First Japanese driver to finish on the podium since Sato over 8 years ago, and I believe he is the first one to finish on the podium at his home race as well. Now all he needs is that second Ferrari seat, and we'll all be happy. Then again, Massa did well to finally finish on the podium, but this podium is long overdue.

Sorry, but that's a load of poo. Yes, Alonso was in the wrong this time, but he's one of a very select few drivers capable of racing both cleanly, fairly and hard at every race, plus being pragmatic off the circuit - a complete change from his old self at Renault.

Heh, might sound funny, but I agree with you. He is a brilliant driver, there is no doubt on that. But the comments he gives when things doesn't go his way, remind me the times from Renault and that's where I disagree. I believe he hasn't changed. I think he is simply playing a role and these kind of circumstances show his true colors. This is my personal problem, but I simply don't like him. Crash-gate, spy-gate, comments, etc. has made me loose my respect towards him. Of course this also makes it harder for me when he is driving brilliantly :) But that was offtopic, so enough of that.

The first corner is a fairly fraught environment, and I don't see it as being out of the question that he didn't even realise Kimi was on that side of him. As you can see in the images you posted, he had a car directly in front and two on the inside of him to concentrate on.
1504342.jpg

Oh, and have to agree with people here. So happy to see Koba in podium! 👍

How mature.

This championship is looking more like it will be decided on retirements. And while I am certainly no headmaster of Formula 1, I think Alonso deserves this title more than anyone else.

Back