GT Academy July 2013!!

I've done it! I'm in the 2:17s! :D

I've managed a 2:17.882, good enough for 14th in the UK and 134th worldwide, even though I lost two tenths in the first sector (38.139). That said, it likely won't be quick enough by the time it's all over, and improving any further is going to be insanely difficult.

Still, even if I don't manage to improve, I'm happy with my current time :)

I've managed a 2:17.882, good enough for 14th in the UK and 134th worldwide, even though I lost two tenths in the first sector (38.139). That said, it likely won't be quick enough by the time it's all over, and improving any further is going to be insanely difficult.

Good job 👍 All you need to do now is improve at the same rate as everyone else, although that's easier said than done, but I'm sure you can do it :)

Dude you will go below the 17.5's, just practice that first sector hard. If you are capable of going below the 18 barrier you are capable of a .7 or .6 first sector, that's a huge amount of time to gain!

Yep, my birthday was last weekend and I've got my drivers license so I'm all set :)

Awesome! 👍 Well I expect to meet you at the national finals then! :D

On the subject of national finals, does anyone know if they will be run using a preliminary version of GT6 or if they will use GT5?

How long does it take them to reach out to you? I am currently in the process of renewing my drivers license to a suspension. When do they actually check your info? How long does it take for the 32 to be eliminated into 16?

How long does it take them to reach out to you? I am currently in the process of renewing my drivers license to a suspension. When do they actually check your info? How long does it take for the 32 to be eliminated into 16?

They pick the 32 within a few days of the TT ending. If you're not eligible at the end of the TT, you're in trouble.

The 32 gets turned into 16 over the course of a weekend in Cali.

Good job 👍 All you need to do now is improve at the same rate as everyone else, although that's easier said than done, but I'm sure you can do it :)

how are you guys working out sector times made 18.051 today so easy to get red on the entry to hanger straight :grumpy: gotta get a clean 17 tomorrow

what car are you driving in the pic sprugy ???
is it formula vee

how are you guys working out sector times made 18.051 today so easy to get red on the entry to hanger straight :grumpy: gotta get a clean 17 tomorrow

what car are you driving in the pic sprugy ???
is it formula vee

We download the ghost lap, go around the track with it and take the gap off our own sector times, that's the only way you can do it 👍

And it's a Formula Jedi, fastest single seater series in the UK (maybe apart from British F3 maybe, haven't driven with them properly yet) :D

Down to a .4 with a sloppy lap if I'm honest... Well the first part of the first sector epic until the loop. So epic I was ahead of Ti-tech by over 0.05 but his exit of the loops is nuts! Rest of the lap was pretty mediocre and a terrible club corner with oversteer probably cost me the .2/.3. Nevermind though I'm finally nailing this lap down crazily well after all my little 30-1 hour stints a day that I've had haha! It's only a stint a day for me until weekend!

I just need to hook it all up now haha.. 16.9 definitely in sight that's for sure!

Down to a .4 with a sloppy lap if I'm honest... Well the first part of the first sector epic until the loop. So epic I was ahead of Ti-tech by over 0.05 but his exit of the loops is nuts! Rest of the lap was pretty mediocre and a terrible club corner with oversteer probably cost me the .2/.3. Nevermind though I'm finally nailing this lap down crazily well after all my little 30-1 hour stints a day that I've had haha! It's only a stint a day for me until weekend!

I just need to hook it all up now haha.. 16.9 definitely in sight that's for sure!

Well done! 👍 I'm still trying to improve, I can see how I can probably do a 16.5 but it sure isn't easy! And my dad had a great idea of making me drink a bottle of beer so I don't get nervous at the end of the lap, not sure it's working I keep cocking up copse, maggots and becketts! :lol:

Well done! 👍 I'm still trying to improve, I can see how I can probably do a 16.5 but it sure isn't easy! And my dad had a great idea of making me drink a bottle of beer so I don't get nervous at the end of the lap, not sure it's working I keep cocking up copse, maggots and becketts! :lol:

It should work if you have a few, don't have too many though otherwise you'll end up all over the place. :lol:

Looks like you passed me again Tidgney. :lol: Now I have to catch you again.

hehe, your doing very well with a DS3 though, reminds me of when I was trying hard on a DS3 in 2011! Great time with it doodle, I know it takes an extra amount with a DS3 to nail times!

After three days staying at 17.5 I finally improved to 17.2 :D.
Maybe a 16 is possible by the end of the TT.

I have been following my own ghost since day one now, but I changed to Ti-techs' Ghost. I found some new lines and earlier braking points :embarrassed:.

Bandit don't drink and drive!

Has anyone met ti-tech? If so is he 100% human or some kind of genetically enhanced virtual racing beast?

Definitely human. He's the second one on the right:
quVLpej.jpg

mSGbBvE.jpg

This is from the 2008 GT Academy.

Red lapped a 2:17.036 today by cutting the second part of maggots slightly, so hopefully should set a 2:17.0 sometime soon :)

Back