GT Academy July 2013!!

Should do well in plank test at least then, as mentioned already, every little excercise helps especially ones targeted to what is tested in the actual finals and also race camp. I would assume you will do well in real driving, and also GT driving (Going by your Sig) and that should alone be enough to make top 6.

I figured the fitness should be my weakest part, if I can get past that stage I might have a chance at winning 👍

I don't know if this part comes into it, the last race of the championship if it is after race camp and you manage to win GT Academy:

I don't have any contract with Jedi, we just hire a car, they probably won't mind me doing it anyway as it will get me signatures to upgrade my license.

Anything can happen in motor racing so you might still have a chance of winning even if leader has got a good gap now. Hopefully you manage to keep on racing and keep 2nd place at least although seems very competitive the second and third positions.

2nd is probably out of reach, but 3rd is definitely a possibility so we'll just have to see :)

EDIT: Just set a 2:16.983, 0.001 off Bandit :grumpy::P

Last edited:
:lol: :P

It's definitely 6, I just checked the official website 👍

Ah I see, in the introduction section it says 6, but why is this in the terms and conditions?

"Four (4) winners from the Territory will be selected from Qualifying Entrants participating in the Territory Final. The winners shall be those who are judged to have displayed the best performance in the challenges and assessments undertaken during the Territory Final."

Strange indeed.

Ah I see, in the introduction section it says 6, but why is this in the terms and conditions?

"Four (4) winners from the Territory will be selected from Qualifying Entrants participating in the Territory Final. The winners shall be those who are judged to have displayed the best performance in the challenges and assessments undertaken during the Territory Final."
Strange indeed.

I don't know, it has always been 6 though? Maybe someone forgot to change it from when they were doing the rules for Spain? :dunce:

It hasn't always been 6 ;)! It was 2 for most years, and only 6 last year :P!

:lol: Well, whether it's 2, 4 or 6, I will still give my best to try and win! ;)

Finally after setting a tonne of 2:17.0s I got down to a 2:16.943, try not to beat it too fast Bandit :lol:

I just saw! 👍 Not really done any serious sessions in the past 2 days as I've been too tired after doing loads of exercise but I will have a go this weekend ;)

Starting to get a better feel of the physic :), currently 2:17.735 for 113th place
Had a .689 but dirty by like an inch... .580 seem realistic with a solid lap but it wont be easy :crazy:
kudos to those under 2:17.5s !👍

Cardio. Lifting. Kettle bells and kale shakes. ;)

I too listen to the Joe Rogan Experience :cheers:

Great info.

I wouldn't suggest people taking up kettlebells this soon to the finals though. Everyone should be working on endurance, so just core strength as far as weight training goes. No bench pressing and such, you guys wanna reduce injury as much as possible. also, for cardio do eliptical machines or bikes, not treadmills, reduce impact!

Down to a 1.17,873 that put me second on my region atm.
Not bad for a 36 old chap with only 2 to 3 hours practice a day...

Where did you find the shortcut? :sly:

Right after the loop, took the shortcut straight to maggots, await a wile (so it would´t become to obvious) when I saw the gost comming full throtle again...:sly::D

But i have to say:bowdown: to all you guys doing low 17 and 16...

Right after the loop, took the shortcut straight to maggots, await a wile (so it would´t become to obvious) when I saw the gost comming full throtle again...:sly::D

I think the point is, you said 1:17.8XX ;)

I wouldn't suggest people taking up kettlebells this soon to the finals though. Everyone should be working on endurance, so just core strength as far as weight training goes. No bench pressing and such, you guys wanna reduce injury as much as possible. also, for cardio do eliptical machines or bikes, not treadmills, reduce impact!

I would. Just listen to your body and don't overdo it, although you REALLY have to try to 'overdo' it. I would be at the very least hitting some basic exercises: Bench - Squat - Deadlift, etc. Myself I don't bother with bench press, just do p90x chest/back - shoulders/arms - yogax each once a week on top of my running and leg work. As for running, run your heart out, just don't do it with bad form. I put on 40-50+ miles a week in vibrams (essentially barefoot) and have no 'impact' injuries. People get hurt from running because of poor form, not impact. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is broke, then yeah, hit the bike.

...and if you do run, get off the treadmill. Go outside!

Might not have much time, but some smart progress is better than non at all. Might not even need the gym, just do body weight stuff (push-ups - pull-ups - ab work - squats/lunges - interval training - etc) Up to you. I absolutely murdered my legs the other day doing hill repeats. Do a warm up run, find steep hill, sprint up it, walk/jog down, rinse and repeat until you feel like death...then do it some more :D

Last edited:
I would. Just listen to your body and don't overdo it, although you REALLY have to try to 'overdo' it. I would be at the very least hitting some basic exercises: Bench - Squat - Deadlift, etc. Myself I don't bother with bench press, just do p90x chest/back - shoulders/arms - yogax each once a week on top of my running and leg work. As for running, run your heart out, just don't do it with bad form. I put on 40-50+ miles a week in vibrams (essentially barefoot) and have no 'impact' injuries. People get hurt from running because of poor form, not impact. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it is broke, then yeah, hit the bike.

...and if you do run, get off the treadmill. Go outside!

Might not have much time, but some smart progress is better than non at all. Might not even need the gym, just do body weight stuff (push-ups - pull-ups - ab work - squats/lunges - interval training - etc) Up to you. I absolutely murdered my legs the other day doing hill repeats. Do a warm up run, find steep hill, sprint up it, walk/jog down, rinse and repeat until you feel like death...then do it some more :D

I will add to do some suicides 10 x 5 a day :)

Really so gt6 has let a glitch in to short cut from loop to maggots ?
Joke

Haha, if I can bypass the loop and use the old track I should be well under 2:00 :). Kudos to the all the the 2:17s I'm struggling to break into the 18s I know when I do ill have like a million of them. The first one is always the hardest

Did a 59.553 middle sector, over a tenth faster than Ti-tech through there 👍 Just need to put a lap together, unfortunately I'm too tired to have any decent hope of that at the moment :(

Spend all day yesterday getting a 2:16.943, and the I beat it by 0.01 in less than 10 minutes today :lol:

Damn that happens lol. Yesterday i tried to improve my 17.493 by 2 hours and i just couldn't. Today i woke up and in 30 min i did a 17.301 with an horrible 1st sector 37.8xx(37.588 my best), and damn bad next 2 turns xD, but then i did my best. I'll try to improve it later :)

Damn that happens lol. Yesterday i tried to improve my 17.493 by 2 hours and i just couldn't. Today i woke up and in 30 min i did a 17.301 with an horrible 1st sector 37.8xx(37.588 my best), and damn bad next 2 turns xD, but then i did my best. I'll try to improve it later :)

Damn ! Nice lap, you are now First in Other Region !! :crazy:
Now, King of BB Club :lol:

Well, I end the day with a theoretical best of 2:16.540 but still on .982 :grumpy:
I guess I need to come back when I'm not exhausted 💡

Guess i have to watch your lap then. I´m getting a lot of 37.8xx, but i´m botching a lot of corners through the rest so i´m still on 18.1 overall.

You´re making the job of "fastest in the americas" a lot harder:tup:

2:17.700 :)

Currently good for 12th in the UK and 113th overall. I can only pray that either I can improve further or my time holds up... :scared:

In case anyone's curious, my sector times were 37.944, 1:00.165 and 39.591.

By the way, hats off to Spurgy and Bandit, you're both on fire :bowdown:

Back