Will GT5 and the G27 (wheel)?

• Thread starter lokness
  • 177 comments
Actually, the clutch does use a friction point. It's a very fine and small friction point, but if you are very careful and let off the clutch very slowly you will see that it is smooth linear movement and not an on/off switch.

At least that's what I have noticed. Is there any details or statements that say it's an on/off switch or not?

my english is not very well...with the clutch (on off) i mean to enable or to disable....

yes you can see a smooth linear movement...sorry guys...

I'm getting a PS3 and GT5 next week and I'll be getting myself a G27 for christmas.

Very keen to hear the finer details about how this wheel will be supported with GT5!

I just recieved my G27 two weeks ago, and I will never turn back, I have ordered the wheelstand pro, and will be hoping that goes very well, as the cobbled polygonal POS chair I have created doesn't hold up to my rev-match down shifting movements. :mischievous: GT5P is very nice, but I am waiting for more of course, and NFS:Shift just felt loose and strange with using the clutch. I haven't seen the rev-counter light up yet during racing, so I look forward to racing in the dark. Its also very nice that the only annoying sounds you create is from the footbox.
If anyone else has any other great ideas for the G27 let me know ASAP...

With both the G25/G27, you're also getting a higher quality brake and gas pedals. As the owner of both G25 and DFGT, even after doing the squash mod on the the latter's brake pedal, it's no match for the feel of G25's brake- more progressive feel in pedal's resistance which makes modulating a cinch.

Also I've seldom if ever played GT5P using clutch/H-gated shifter despite owning a G25 but I can't say after almost three years of owning the wheel that I made the wrong decision. The only reason I got the DFGT is to use it as a backup wheel in case I decide to send the G25 for ARC_Team mods.

Why do you seldom use the H-gate? just curious I just got a G27.

Yeah you can use evoscan to mod a stock lancer evolution ECU to drop RPMS to a specified point thru each gearshift with no lift shifting. It is amazing for a stock ECU. What we tend to forget is most of these people here are bench racers and always will be that. I will no lift shift every shift if allowed to as it is a truthful way that you can shift a car.

ok wait a second I got an evo 9... can you tell me where i can get some good info on this?

I just recieved my G27 two weeks ago, and I will never turn back, I have ordered the wheelstand pro, and will be hoping that goes very well, as the cobbled polygonal POS chair I have created doesn't hold up to my rev-match down shifting movements. :mischievous: GT5P is very nice, but I am waiting for more of course, and NFS:Shift just felt loose and strange with using the clutch. I haven't seen the rev-counter light up yet during racing, so I look forward to racing in the dark. Its also very nice that the only annoying sounds you create is from the footbox.
If anyone else has any other great ideas for the G27 let me know ASAP...

My G27 is mounted on a wheel stand pro and it works great! I really hope the shift lights and paddle shifters work on GT5. Those are the only things missing in GTP. I also hope the FFB is a tad better in GT5.

I got a G27 and read Amar's 'review'. Because I don't know the exact difference between the G25 and G27 can anyone tell me if the G27 will work with GT5 because Amar only refered to the G25? I mean can I use the clutch/H shifter with a car that has up to 6 gears and the paddleshifters for the cars with more then 6 gears?

I got a G27 and read Amar's 'review'. Because I don't know the exact difference between the G25 and G27 can anyone tell me if the G27 will work with GT5 because Amar only refered to the G25? I mean can I use the clutch/H shifter with a car that has up to 6 gears and the paddle shifters for the cars with more then 6 gears?

I'm sure it will. I am disappointed they kept the same setup as GT5P though. Pushing the triangle every race is annoying, and having the clutch function as an on/off switch with no deadzone FTL. It engages all the way at the bottom instead of part way down like a real car. Which if you are shifting fast causes a lot of missed gear changes.

I'm sure it will. I am disappointed they kept the same setup as GT5P though. Pushing the triangle every race is annoying, and having the clutch function as an on/off switch with no deadzone FTL. It engages all the way at the bottom instead of part way down like a real car. Which if you are shifting fast causes a lot of missed gear changes.

Happy to hear that altough I need to see it for myself working tho. The on/off part that you mentioned is something that is dissapointing but a few days ago I thought I flushed my 400 euro down the toilet because of the rumors that it would not work at all. Can't wait to drive any car around any track with my G27.

Ok, well that about wraps it up! Looks like on a percentage scale that this wheel is about 90% functional with the game.

I was always mind boggled as to why you had to activate the clutch, but I understand now after reading some of the posts. I just wish in the future Logitech and PD can come to terms and have a patch update through the PS3.

Is it the 24th yet?

Is there any confirmation about the six buttons on the wheel, and whether they can all be assigned through the DFP/GT menu in the game ?

Is there any confirmation about the six buttons on the wheel, and whether they can all be assigned through the DFP/GT menu in the game ?

If you look at that video I posted, it looks as if they are pushing the red buttons on the wheel, but wheather it does anything that is unknown.

Here is hoping that they will do something :)

Holy crap I'm very disappointed in GT5 right now. So many let downs after 5 years of waiting. The one I'm let down on is the clutch support on the G25 and G27 is just like how it is on GT5P. It's like an on off switch that allows you to switch gear with no grinding points like how it is in real life. I didn't mind it in GT5P because it was made years ago plus it was only like a demo. I was expecting it to be realistic in GT5 but guess not.

Sources:Amar212's Review

BWX
It's not on/off. Try it w/ GT5p and see for yourself.

This is correct, it's actually a pretty realistic simualtion of a real clutch. Except for:

1) The main problem is you don't get any feedback like in a real car so it's hard to tell what's going on when shifting.

2) You can just dump the clutch, which would never work in real life, you can't shift that fast with a real gearbox. Sometimes you'll hear the rear wheels spin and you'll know you came off the clutch too fast.

3) Additional annoyance is that the g25/27 clutch pedal is too soft and too short.

4) Also you have to learn a different balance point (one that is slightly further in) then would exist in a real car. But these (points 3 & 4) are limitations related to the g25/27 design and not the game.

Last edited:
Holy crap I'm very disappointed in GT5 right now. So many let downs after 5 years of waiting. The one I'm let down on is the clutch support on the G25 and G27 is just like how it is on GT5P. It's like an on off switch that allows you to switch gear with no grinding points like how it is in real life. I didn't mind it in GT5P because it was made years ago plus it was only like a demo. I was expecting it to be realistic in GT5 but guess not.

Sources:Amar212's Review

Unless I'm missing something, Amar's review doesn't give any specifics as to whether the clutch is treated as an analogue or digital input. He just notes that it works.
Also, while I don't have a wheel yet and so can't confirm, there's a few users claiming that in GT5P the clutch had a small, sensitive "biting" point near the end of the pedals motion.

Unless I'm missing something, Amar's review doesn't give any specifics as to whether the clutch is treated as an analogue or digital input. He just notes that it works.
Also, while I don't have a wheel yet and so can't confirm, there's a few users claiming that in GT5P the clutch had a small, sensitive "biting" point near the end of the pedals motion.

There is a biting/balance point, you can find it if you try to do a stand-still start. I also assume gt5 will simulate it the same as gt5p. It's an analog input, whoever said it was digital is misinformed.

There is a biting/balance point, you can find it if you try to do a stand-still start. I also assume gt5 will simulate it the same as gt5p. It's an analog input, whoever said it was digital is misinformed.

amar212
Clutch users, rejoyce! Clutch works, same style as GT5:Prologue, no official support, you still have to press triangle before the
race, but the beauty is here.

I'm guessing it means it should be the same which is like on and off to be able to shift. I was hopping there were be a grinding point so like you have to use the clutch like how you would in real life. I don't think it would be hard to make the car have a jerky slow movement if you let go of the clutch too fast or too slow if you guys get what I'm saying.

I'm guessing it means it should be the same which is like on and off to be able to shift. I was hopping there were be a grinding point so like you have to use the clutch like how you would in real life. I don't think it would be hard to make the car have a jerky slow movement if you let go of the clutch too fast or too slow if you guys get what I'm saying.

I would love this as well, but I hope they fix the shadow issues first lol

Latest Posts

Back