ⓣⓗⓔ ⓒⓞⓜⓕⓞⓡⓣ ⓒⓛⓤⓑ

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 1,712 comments

Turnaround race?

• Total voters
I did the seasonal a-spec at Spa in rain with my trusty Z8. It was fun challenge.

Looking forward to this 👍

Constructive feedback @JockeP22 maybe make the race details in the images with slightly larger font? I do most my surfing on an iPhone screen. Some of the text gets pretty small 👍

Constructive feedback
👍👍

I will try to remember this for future stuff, bergele.
If I should forget perhaps you have a magnifying glass lying around ;)

bergelehehe_zps8a5ec39b.jpg~original

:cool::cool::cool::mischievous::mischievous::mischievous::cool::cool:
Saturday's Events below, October 18th at 8pm GMT. Everyone who brings a Z8 are most welcome 👍

Info - #1
October Schedule - #291

newsettings_zpsb24af9db.jpg~original

spadown_zpsa0e3502d.jpg~original

z8ascari2_zpsc81f0f4a.jpg~original

**Results from Red Bull Ring and Grand Valley will be up before Saturday's event,
I wanted to post it already but haven't been able to yet.

Come one, come all. :)👍

z8iwantyou_zpse006621e.jpg~original

-- Hello, ALL!!

I WILL be able to make this event! Im very excited about the weather & mandatory pit! Whooop!

--- I was curious Jocke, I want to know if we can have the option of running the 'Rag-Top' @ Spa? Then ill change it back after? I don't have enough money to ruin my interior!!! (if not np lol)

-- & I love Ascari! great choices & cant wait! cya guys on course! 👍👍👍:cheers::cheers:

--- I was curious Jocke, I want to know if we can have the option of running the 'Rag-Top' @ Spa? Then ill change it back after? I don't have enough money to ruin my interior!!! (if not np lol)

I was thinking of fitting a top for saturday to my Street Z8 Setup. That's the white one I used at Red Bull Ring on tuesday. So if using ragtop is ok, might use it at Spa.

The white version is a remake of my very first Z8 I used for 500PP Club back in June
Syracuse1.jpg

The original has went through a lot of tunes since then but I liked the original (bit slower) tune so much I wrote down the data :) So I re-created it last weekend for cruising. Please do not scratch by baby ;)

I was curious Jocke, I want to know if we can have the option of running the 'Rag-Top' @ Spa? Then ill change it back after?
So if using ragtop is ok, might use it at Spa.
As much as I like the top to be down in order to take much nicer pictures, my sympathy for people suffering from Aquaphobia is also an issue dear to me.
In other words, go ahead guys and install your ragtops for Spa.

I'll drive with mine down though, for my astrological sign is actually Aquarius believe it or not. :)
I don't hide from the water. :lol:

As much as I like the top to be down in order to take much nicer pictures, my sympathy for people suffering from Aquaphobia is also an issue dear to me.
In other words, go ahead guys and install your ragtops for Spa.

I'll drive with mine down though, for my astrological sign is actually Aquarius believe it or not. :)
I don't hide from the water. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Yea, my team didn't approve full budget for this series. They told me since Ive never participated in a road-car series I only get one car & they will decide @ end of season weather I deserve an up-grade in budget LOL. So I need to make sure my cockpit doesn't get damaged. On our way to Spain ill take it off. (no mechanic either)

:cool::cool::cool:

2Close4 CS Classic Americano 529PP

Cu3e
Due to recent lack of time to practice this week I will setup a practice server for Z8CC instead of usual CS racing.

Titled: OoCZ

Out of Comfort Zone!!! (and to the Highway to HELL ... and back!)
This week: 500PP SH at Spa and Ascari
in Support and Practice for Z8 Champ Club

if there is enough time and interest will continue with Nurb and Sierra

You don't have to use the Z8 if you do not plan to join Z8CC 👍

Before todays/tonights SPASCARI event (#357), here are the results from Tuesday;

z8atredbull_zps1ecdb905.jpg~original

fulltrum2_zpsf19e42fc.jpg~original

First time with a full room of sixteen Z8's 👍
fulltrum_zps6af3f341.jpg~original

RB Ring pics;

RedBullRing_2senaste1_zps4ad06c7b.jpg~original

RedBullRing_2senaste2_zpsaa7bb9f2.jpg~original

RedBullRing_2senaste4_zps93536652.jpg~original

RedBullRing_2senaste3_zps5557d55c.jpg~original

z8grandvalley_zps466cadcb.jpg~original

race22_zps6f40a32b.jpg~original

race2_zpseef23ba7.jpg~original

Grand Valley pics;

Dustybin_
and PureGT_GOOFY waiting for green.
GrandValleySpeedway_1senaste1_zps6e004856.jpg~original

GrandValleySpeedway_1senaste4_zps5999beba.jpg~original

smiley25g's roof-mechanism was apparently broken :guilty:
GrandValleySpeedway_1senaste2_zpsd11c0942.jpg~original

JockeP22 and PureGT_GOOFY
GrandValleySpeedway_1senaste3_zps301df57f.jpg~original

nice to be reminded of the exact moment when I lost my spot on the podium @ RBR. I may have been able to prevent the all-UK podium or maybe I would have choked under the pressure. I feel I am on a losing streak. So far I entered 6 races, 3 times 4th or podium loser, 3 times 2nd or leChoke fanboy.
and I suck at Ascari & Spa...
see u on the track everyone

Hello, ALL---

i just have a few question about Spa race, Jocke. Just to avoid anyone feeling like there was an advantage for others. thnx!

--
,(@ spa) wat will the weather changeabilty be? & any tire choice? if its not too wet can players use racing tires? im j/w thnx!

Edit

Hello, ALL---
i just have a few question about Spa race, Jocke. Just to avoid anyone feeling like there was an advantage for others. thnx!
(@ spa) wat will the weather changeabilty be? & any tire choice? if its not too wet can players use racing tires? im j/w thnx!
There will be no changeability and the weather & surface water are both set to 50%.
Tyres are free choice and there will be one mandatory pit stop.
Ascari will see a return to the normal settings. #357

Thanks for asking, gurizzi 👍

I just participated in FergusMik's Mini Endurance event half an hour ago and something occured there in the first race at Brands Hatch.
Since this whole Z8 journey is a One Way Ticket To Hell... And Back, it was rather fitting that I saw something in the sky over Brands appearing to be the Devil.

My imagination gets carried away from time to time. :)

I don't know if we were separated at birth, distant relatives or just simply have the same set-ups on our cars
but we always seem to end up on the same bit of track battling it out, Wheeler. 👍
Be it Mini's, Z8's or whatever. I'm enjoying it, buddy.

I don't know if we were separated at birth, distant relatives or just simply have the same set-ups on our cars
but we always seem to end up on the same bit of track battling it out, Wheeler. 👍
Be it Mini's, Z8's or whatever. I'm enjoying it, buddy.

It has become quite a fun pattern. We overdid it today by waiting here and there so the other could catch up after an off track adventure somewhere. Mostly you waiting for me. That was getting more fun near the end as we got more laps in and actually both got through that tight left before a long right near the end of the course. Every lap at first, it seemed to pop up out of nowhere as you crest the little rise and off I went on the right side of the track there many times. Now I want to go back and run Ascari more. I had forgotten most of it and it was fun to get on a "new" track again.

It was fun races altough I struggled at SPA in the rain and missed my braking on first lap and dived just past gurizzi,
luckily no damage. In the Ascari race bergele was outstanding and I struggled there driving without instruments
and I find it hard to know where the car is on track, I tried to change to in car but since i´m not used to that I was even slower so I had to change back to bumper wiew.

Good fun overall, Thanks Jocke for organising 👍 :cheers:

Btw Jocke, have you hidden the total points somwhere, I can´t find it :sly:

I found that the White Dream handles .... Well like a dream :)

Where the Orange Devil loves going sidewise (which is lots of fun) with the White Dream I could floor it and still not get a massive drift instead the car starts straightening itself with just little countersteer or easing of gas.

I struggled at Ascari until yesterday. Improved a massive 4 sec practicing with @gkgamer before race and almost a sec more during race (2nd last lap)

Finally I am starting to find the flow of the track.

It was loads of fun, thanks all! 👍

It has become quite a fun pattern. Now I want to go back and run Ascari more. I had forgotten most of it and it was fun to get on a "new" track again.
Yes, I didn't much enjoy Ascari at first but I have changed my opinion of it. I like it now.
It was fun races. In the Ascari race bergele was outstanding and I struggled there driving without instruments

Good fun overall, Thanks Jocke for organising 👍 :cheers:
If I understand your 'instrument problem' correctly, you can cure that by pressing start/pause and they should come back. It has happened to me before and I fix it by pausing before the green flag drops.
I found that the White Dream handles .... Well like a dream :)

I struggled at Ascari until yesterday. Improved a massive 4 sec practicing with @gkgamer before race and almost a sec more during race (2nd last lap)
That's super, bergele. Thanks for setting up the test along with gkgamer 👍

Spa-Francorchamps

pappasdag20_zpsad35db3e.jpg~original

pappasdag21_zps10afbd60.jpg~original

pappasdag23_zps5ea01966.jpg~original

pappasdag24_zpsb55e5190.jpg~original

pappasdag22_zps4119cfa8.jpg~original

**Intermission*

an intriguing look at thehobnob97's off-track excursions;
(all in good fun) :)
pappasdag17_zps0b1e2a0e.jpg~original

This one looks really violent! Just look at that left rear.
pappasdag16_zps485a6d5a.jpg~original

Puncture? In GT6?
pappasdag14_zps66412f56.jpg~original

pappasdag15_zps95e6c458.jpg~original

pappasdag13_zps6f256143.jpg~original

pappasdag12_zps5eeab8a3.jpg~original

Spa Continued;

pappasdag18_zpsb2e89920.jpg~original

Me and GOOFY 👍
pappasdag1_zps4616cef5.jpg~original

gkgamer crosses the line, winning by half a minute 👍👍
pappasdag2_zps1e10ca32.jpg~original

Ascari

bergele on pole
pappasdag3_zpsc2da1680.jpg~original

This one I like very much. Me and Wheeler 👍
pappasdag4_zps4548eb08.jpg~original

bergele comes up to lap myself and Wheeler on the inside.
As strange as this sounds I enjoy being lapped and 'respecting the blue flags'. It is
a satisfying feeling to let the leaders through knowing you're not a distraction to them.
The whole procedure has to be smooth. Use your mirrors! 👍
pappasdag5_zpsc1f50b5a.jpg~original

bergele takes the chequered flag in style
pappasdag6_zps8884a078.jpg~original

Btw Jocke, have you hidden the total points somwhere
Race results from yesterday will be up later tonight and I haven't hidden the points standings :lol:
I decided to wait a few rounds before I posted them. I will have them up before Tuesday's races though.
Thanks for being patient, Goofy 👍

I'm off now to meet the family and celebrate the old man..

hey guys great fun yesterday, finally grabbed my 1st win, too bad I fell asleep before Ascari.
Would have loved to race there but @Cu3e was at least 0"750 faster than me on our best laps during our practice session. I
I'll also try not to go out drinking before races in the future. I actually threw up a litlte bit in my mouth several times during Spa. The finish line crossed I literally flew to the bathroom and purged my stomach of the excess of ethanol in a "oh-so-classy" fashion :ill:.

looks like it happened to Nigel Mansell as well, and it happened in Japan for M.W.
Is there a pattern there?
Furthermore, what's with all the food poisoning, do racers have sensitive stomachs or do they lack imagination when making excuses for race eve binge drinking?:cheers:

hey guys great fun yesterday, finally grabbed my 1st win, too bad I fell asleep before Ascari.
We noticed :boggled::)
I don't get it. :)
looks like it happened to Nigel Mansell as well, and it happened in Japan for M.W.
Is there a pattern there?
Furthermore, what's with all the food poisoning, do racers have sensitive stomachs or do they lack imagination when making excuses for race eve binge drinking?

Also Eddie Irvine. I remember back in 2001 when he raced for Jaguar he got sick with food poisoning after Friday practice,
so he had to forfeit the weekend and that's when Luciano Burti got to make his F1 debut as his reserve 👍
Gosh, it feels like yesterday..

Back