◆ S.N.A.I.L. [Kart] Racing - Tuesday nights at 9pm EasternOpen 

• Thread starter dabneyd
  • 871 comments
I am not going to be home much of the weekend so I won't be around to do any testing, not that much is needed since the cars need to be completely stock. Hopefully I have a "stock" setting still...

Does anyone know what the two other tracks will be? chatva? or the oval substitute?

So far RacingChamp30 picked Suzuka Circuit and you picked Trial Mountain Forward. We're still waiting on @chatva to pick. I was thinking that we could run Indy or Daytona for the oval race. I think I'd prefer Daytona, but I need to make sure that it doesn't bounce off of the limiter the whole lap.

So far RacingChamp30 picked Suzuka Circuit and you picked Trial Mountain Forward. We're still waiting on @chatva to pick. I was thinking that we could run Indy or Daytona for the oval race. I think I'd prefer Daytona, but I need to make sure that it doesn't bounce off of the limiter the whole lap.
It will. Indy runs out at the end of the straight.

Alright fellas, it's Sunday and well past time to have locked in the tracks.

Can we just do High Speed Ring Reverse and Cape Ring South?

Oh! I forgot! Do we run these things with RM or RS?

I think RH would be more than enough grip with how much downforce that car has.

The tracks this week are:

Trial Mountain Forward
Suzuka Circuit
Cape Ring South
Indy (I'm making an executive decision here)

Lap times & race Laps:
Trial Mt. Forward -
Lap time 1:17 - 12 laps took 16 mins;
Suzuka -
Lap time 1:57 - 8 Race laps;
Cape Ring South -
Lap time 1:11 - 12 Race laps;

Should be lots of fun tonight racing the red bull junior. I forgot, which tires going to be used for the Red Bull Junior?

Should be lots of fun tonight racing the red bull junior. I forgot, which tires going to be used for the Red Bull Junior?

Going by PP it would be RM, but I said earlier that I think that it would be just fine on RH with all the downforce it generates.

Going by PP it would be RM, but I said earlier that I think that it would be just fine on RH with all the downforce it generates.

As to my posted lap times, etc. - I drove on the RM tires. So the times and laps may change.

Just a reminder fellas, since the room will be set to "no tuning", we'll have to make sure all settings are as they would be when you received the car. I ended up just buying a second car

Great racing to everyone tonight with the Red Bull Junior. My apologies for causing the wreck at Indy after the caution, i ended up getting too low below the white line getting into the grass and others were trying to avoid me. Got a win at Suzuka, close between me and Dabneyd at Cape Ring.

I think if we raced them on RS it would be better.

In practice, I found that the car reacted like a large Kart.
The tires/suspension would hold much more than I trusted at the start. The more I pushed the "perceived limit" - the more it surprised me. (except when some blades of grass get between the tires and the track .......... automatic trouble, to say the least)

Let's let @TEX36, @drkdglr, and @Lessen choose the tracks this week. We'll run the Twin Ring Motgei Superspeedway.

Apricot Hill Raceway ........ don't think we have run that one yet.
Should be good with the Shifters.
Disclaimer: I have not driven the track as yet

Back