◆ SNAIL [Race Car] Series - Finished - Thanks to everyone who raced during the past 12 seasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update - I made a clarification to the Pit Stop rule in that you must complete your 1st pit stop within the first 35 min of the race. Any follow on pit stop can take place at any point during the race.

Additionally, we currently have 9 drivers signed up for the series and still have open positions if anyone is interested in joining. If you have any questions about the format, please let me know. Thanks

Question - What happens when the room has weak penalty and mechanical damage? Im pretty sure if you hit a wall you will get mechanical damage, or if you go off track to much you might get a delay penalty, but what if i bump another car from behind, will both cars get mechanical damage and i get turned into a ghost car with a delay penalty if i hit the other car too hard from behind???

It depends on the level of force impact on the wall/other car.

The intent of the setting for this league is to deter cutting some of the corners and to discourage contact. That said, Im not tied heavily to the penalty system and if we as a series feel that the Penalty system is not needed and race as gentlemen, Im fine dropping the game penalty setting. Mechanical damage is something that will remain though

i was just wondering, cause ive never been in a room with penaltys and damage, i wanna find out what happens

there is zero excuse for hitting the car in front of you and no advantage should be taken from it, should it somehow happen. Steer off the track if you are unable to avoid it.
Edit.
I was rather grumpy last night as i was taken out from behind on a final lap :P

Last edited:
there is zero excuse for hitting the car in front of you and no advantage should be taken from it, should it somehow happen. Steer off the track if you are unable to avoid it.
Edit.
I was rather grumpy last night as i was taken out from behind on a final lap :P
Absolutely correct.

Sadly, I will not be racing in the inaugural race (unless Fanatec is extremely quick). During some practice, the belt on my wheel broke and I have no FFB so until I can get a replacement belt, I will be sitting in the garage/pits (so to speak).

That said, the race/series will continue as planned I'll still host the race until I can be back on the track.

Additionally, we still have open spots if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Im game for this sign me up i need more practice racing, I drift to much.

blueninjacivic
Welcome and great to have you in the series.

I have decided to order a new wheel and hope to have it here soon. I expect I will only miss the first week of racing however the race/series will continue as planned and will still host the race.

With the server maintenance on Wednesday are we going to have to push the inaugural race one week?

We should be ok, the server down time is well after we wrap up the nights races. Just wish my new wheel would be here in time

I'd like to run in this, but might be on a part-time basis.

PSN: CoachMK21
GTP: KTR5
No. 9

If colors: Championship White car / Performance Red wheels

S.N.A.I.L - Wednesday Night “Race Car” Series - Open to All

SNAIL_zps983a07dd.jpg

Logo credit – jobyone71

Welcome to the S.N.A.I.L. Wednesday Night “Race Car” Series. The goal of the series is to provide an enjoyable and competitive night of racing using only purpose built stock race cars on some of the best tracks GT6 has to offer. Each night will consist of two 40 minute races (each requiring a pit stop) as part of a 4 week season. Although strongly encouraged, you do not need to be a S.N.A.I.L. driver to participate and is open to all clean and respectful drivers.​

Date & Time

Wednesday Nights @ 9:00pm EDT
Lobby opens at 8:30pm EDT

Current Race Car

Subaru IMPREZA Touring Car
PP 565 / HP 477 / Race Hard Tires
All cars are to remain stock except for required Oil Change and Brake Balance adjustments (if desired)

Photo credit – GT6 Garage

Current Season Schedule

Season 1 - Inaugural Season Championship
06/18/2014 - Trial Mountain Circuit
06/25/2014 - Apricot Hill Raceway (Race #1 @12:00, Race #2 @ 22:00)
07/02/2014 - Circuito di Roma / Reverse
07/09/2014 – Twin Ring Motegi Road Course (Race #1 & #2 @12:00)
07/16/2014All Star Race (non-points race) - Nürburgring 24h (@12:00) - (See below for qualifications)​

Current Season Standings

14253160027_edcb55fd47_c.jpg

Link to Standing Sheet

Eligible Cars
  • Race cars that allow driver numbers to be added/modified and that can be painted.
  • Complete list can be located here.
  • All race cars must perform oil change.
  • All race cars must remain stock except Brake Balance adjustments (if desired).
Race Format
  • Two - 40 minute timed races.
  • 10 minute break between races.
  • Grid position for first race determined by 10 minute qualifying season prior to the start of race one.
  • Grid position for second race determined by reverse finishing position from race one.
  • All competitors must complete a minimum of 1 pit stop per race.
  • Pits are closed for initial pit stops after 35 mins of race time. (Pitting for the first time after 35 mins will result in a DQ).
  • All races will be run under clear weather conditions (no rain) however some races may be at night (refer to schedule for specifics).
  • If you get disconnected or decide to quit during a race you will get a DNF and finish last.
  • If more than one person quits or gets disconnected during a race, your finishing position will be determined by the number of laps completed.
Eligible Drivers
  • Although strongly encouraged, you do not need to be a S.N.A.I.L. driver to participate however, you must be on GrimGrnninGhost Friends List prior to the lobby opening for practice.
  • Top 16 drivers in points are guaranteed starting spots on the grid for the following weeks races (must be in lobby by 8:55pm EDT).
  • Remaining open grid positions will be filled by alternates (based on current point standings).
General Rules
  • We expect all drivers to follow the S.N.A.I.L. OLR(which is a modified version of the GTP OLR) and pursue good racecraft at all times.
  • If you're not sure what good racecraft is, watch this video.
  • It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, this is not the series for you.
  • If you ever feel like a driver is not following the rules, please wait until league night is over, and then file a Racing Incident Report.
  • Our Stewards will review the incident and enforce the appropriate penalty on the driver in question.
Application Procedure
  • GTP/PSN ID
  • Racing Number – Refer to Number Sheet for Available Numbers (#1 reserved for previous Season Champion)
  • Send Friend Request to GrimGrnninGhost
  • By submitting your application you agree to the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR) along with following The Good Racecraft Guide.
Lobby Configuration
Room Privacy: Friends Only Room (be sure I’m on your Friends List)
Room Comment: SNAIL-Wed Night Race Car Series
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Host: No
Max Number of Participants: 16
Race Quality: High
Voice Chat Quality: Standard
Course Settings: Refer to Schedule Below
Start Type: Grid Start w/ False Start Check
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Very Fast (except during All Star Race which will be set to Fast)
Grip Reduction: Real
Minimum No. of Pit Stops: 1
Required Tire Compound Change: Off
Tire Restrictions: (based on Dealership PP)
  • 450 PP & below -> Sports Softs
  • 451 – 599 PP ----> Racing Hards
  • 600 PP & above -> Racing Mediums
Nitrous: Prohibited
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS 1 allowed

Season Selection Process
  • Prior to the end of each season, GrimGrnninGhost will provide three proposed schedules (car/track combinations) for consideration for the next season.
  • At the completion of the current season, each driver will be allowed to cast 1 vote per the number of weeks participated in previous season. (If you raced in all 4 weeks, you get 4 votes, If you raced in 1 week, you get 1 vote).
  • Season combo earning the most votes by 2100 EDT on the following Friday will be chosen for the next season.
Pit Stops
  • All drivers must complete a minimum of 1 pit stop per race.
  • Pits are closed for initial pit stops after 35 mins of race time. (Pitting for the first time after 35 mins will result in a DQ).
  • Drivers coming off and on pit road always stay on the correct side of the pit road line (DO NOT cross the solid line)
Points System

Pole Position= 1
1st = 16
2nd = 15
3rd = 14
4th = 13
5th = 12
6th = 11
7th = 10
8th = 9
9th = 8
10th = 7
11th = 6
12th = 5
13th = 4
14th = 3
15th = 2
16th = 1​

Individual Championship
  • All participants are eligible for the Individual Season Championship
  • Total points award during the season will determine the Season Champion
  • In case of a tie in points after the completion of a season
  • the tie breaker will be determined by their # of wins during the season, if there is still a tie it will be broken by who had the best overall finishes
  • Individual Champion earns the right to the #1 car number for the next season.
Optional Team Championship
  • Open to all S.N.A.I.L drivers assigned to Divisions 1-7.
  • Teams can consist of two S.N.A.I.L drivers which divisional total must equal 6 or greater.
  • Example – D1 driver can team up with a D5 driver (1+5=6) or two D3 drivers on the same team (3+3=6).
  • Based on S.N.A.I.L. division assignments at the start of the first week of the Wed Night Race Car season.
  • Teams can’t change until after Wed Night Race Car season is finished.
  • Points awarded based on point system above.
  • Team champions qualify for All Star Race.
Wed Night All Star Race
  • At the conclusion the each season, a single All Star race will take place.
  • All Star Race to take place the week after the season concludes.
  • Single race lasting 1 hour (plus qualifying).
  • Eligibility to participate in the season ending All Star race is as follows (15 drivers max).
  • All past series champions - based on most recent results.
  • All past All Star Race winners - based on most recent results.
  • All past team series champions - based on most recent results.
  • If spots still open – Past individual race winners based on most recent results.
  • If spots still open – Past individual second place finishers based on most recent results.
  • If spots still open – Past individual third place finishers based on most recent results.
For any other questions you may have, please let me know​

See you on the track!
DC procedure??

Throw me in the Briar patch
#27 was taken by my friend from Ireland...how about Dan Gurney's 48?
Mclaren Orange if a color is needed
Should I go with a shade of blue if colors are needed?

Throw me in the Briar patch
#27 was taken by my friend from Ireland...how about Dan Gurney's 48?
Mclaren Orange if a color is needed

Hey @Nail-27, you want to make up a team? We might be at a disadvantage seeing both of us are in D6, but at least we'll be a team. If you do, come up with a good team name. I'm lacking in the creative name game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back