Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. wackedkid47

wackedkid47

I would like to join

kcheeb and Skills like this.
  2. wackedkid47

wackedkid47

Timezone EST
    PSN ID Wackedboy however I can't be on every week, is that a problem?

3. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Nope!

4. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Yes, that was definitely an issue in GT5, but as far as I know there isn't a way to practice offline in GT6 since there
    Not sure. Got any suggestions?

With the F1 (and most other racing series) season over, they aren't an option anymore. I suppose we could just use a random number generator, but that's just not as exciting. :D

5. Skills

Skills Premium

@shmibal43,
    Thanks for your interest!
    We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information.

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
    To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

6. Skills

Skills Premium

@wackedkid47,
    We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

3. @kcheeb PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. kcheeb will add you to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6' based off your placement from kcheeb. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

7. DriftinAssassin

DriftinAssassin

I suggest we get someone (or a group of people) to do a few hot laps or a race on a track and then use the same method thats used for the F1 races. :D

ThePDTX likes this.
  8. racefan78

racefan78

Well, I was able to obtain some Ethernet cable in bulk from work. 176 feet of it to be exact haha. I've read that as long as you don't go over 100 meters there shouldn't be noticeable signal loss, so hopefully this puts an end to my connection issues. At least until school starts again...

Chiochan, fzappa, goofytyler and 3 others like this.
  9. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

Gonna be a busy day tomorrow :crazy:.

Edit: Ok, just had another look and it's not that bad. :dopey:

10. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

Can someone tell me what a GT-3 car is? In the Intl A the races are called "Group GT3 Series".
    Have no idea what to look for.

Never mind found the info.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
    kcheeb likes this.
  11. tevesh2

tevesh2

Did I hear from handlebar that he wasn't going to make next sunday? I can step up and take his place if the need be.

12. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

Thanks tevesh :tup:

Will be in touch so you can take care if things :cheers:

13. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

You're definitely on to something.. kcheeb just suggested using the qualifying for Saturday night's endurance races. Sounds like a plan! Now I just need to coordinate the number picks for the ButtKicker 4D Sports Challenge! Be on the lookout for that tomorrow. :)

fzappa likes this.
  14. Ronnie Norman

Ronnie Norman

I would like to join. Looking for some good intense racing! I can race in any series you guys have. Shoot me some info please!
    PSN: BUDBOI1234567
    Time Zone: EST

kcheeb, zer05ive and Skills like this.
  15. Skills

Skills Premium

@Ronnie Norman,

kcheeb and zer05ive like this.
  16. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Thanks to Polyphony Digital's desire to have us all beta test GT6 and the ongoing issues with replays locking up PS3s, my self imposed mission of reviewing every driver at both Silverstone races is a big fat no go. If I can't look at everyone, then I won't review/file on anyone. Please remember, the stewards can still file an Incident Report, if they see something during reviews of what was filed, they deem penalty worthy. We still need working replays for Divisions 1 and 3.

Without further ado,

[​IMG]

Race Date: 29 December 2013

This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!

[​IMG]

IR Submission Form is now closed.

Banners by dabneyd

OwensRacing likes this.
  17. JJLopez427

JJLopez427

I'm not good at words and less in English but now the year is coming to an end I want to thank principally Kcheeb and Zero for keep running this league and every S.N.A.I.L. for this enjoyable and addictive experience :)

When I joined I never imagined how competitive this league would be. Everyone of you are very fast and constantly improving and the results talks for themselves: We have and S.N.A.I.L GT academy winner!

Believe it or not you really pushed me to be a better driver and find a tenth in every corner, straight and lap.

Might I know few or nothing about each one of you, but when we are on track I feel that you are my best friends.

Happy new year S.N.A.I.Ls!!!

18. hooker4

hooker4

Nismo superlegra @ suzuka for my prize b selection

19. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Is that the:

Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlegara (399 hp / 510 PP)

RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
    at Suzuka?

100,000 credits, runs Sport Soft tires. Purty car.

chatva, fastfox400 and intoflatlines like this.
  20. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Yes, thanks Tevesh.

I am taking my far better half to NYC for a theater-centric weekend.

(Apologies for the double post!)

fastfox400 and kcheeb like this.
  21. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

D3 racers - we need a working replay of round 1 race 2 ASAP. If anyone has one please PM me and/or @Skills. Thanks!

Data has been mostly entered for D3. Due to corrupted replays I could not enter best laps for Round 1 and Round 3, and gaps for Round 1 Race 2.

fastfox400 likes this.
  22. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

I forgot that the ButtKicker points won't be updated until the stewards have reviewed all the incidents this week. Therefore, having the finalists announced today is unlikely.

23. OxideKart17

OxideKart17

Hello,

I would like to join the SNAIL league. I was directed here by a friend. My PSNid is OxideKart17

zer05ive and Skills like this.
  24. Skills

Skills Premium

@OxideKart17,

zer05ive and kcheeb like this.
  25. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Is the end of the season the end of this month? I'll be at Sno*Drift. Rally Americas only snow rally event. Maybe we can do something from that? Fastest time on the Super Special Stage maybe?

26. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

The Welcome Wagon Team is certainly busy these days.

27. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Do they have an online app like F1 where I could see each fast lap as it's posted?

28. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Nope, but I can be that app! However. I'm not sure if that will work if it's for the end of the month. Since the SSS will be on Saturday the 25th.

29. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

24 hours of Dubai? 9 days from now, and we know someone in the 123 car...

tezgm99 likes this.
  30. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Good point! However, I'd like to have the winner of the Wireless ButtKicker Kit determined before Sunday. We have a new sponsor and prize lined up for the January/February season. :)

Dragonwhisky likes this.