1.02 Update live!

• Thread starter alfaphlex
  • 722 comments
Why? Is there any validation to that high horse statement?

In the majority of games with an online component, the knowing use and abuse of exploits typically results in a temporary or permanent ban. The Gran Turismo series should be no different. Since the credits glitch requires an internet connection to update the game version so that it can then be rolled back, well....

Can somebody help me? I'm a bit confused here:

The update was supposed to give everyone a free Nissan GTR if you participated in the Academy, yeah? Well, I very much did. Spent ages on it. I missed the chance to pick up all my car-rewards last summer, for last year's Academy (GT Academy 2012) because I was in the Le Mans 24 hour race; it took me 3 months to finish it, partly cos I gave up on it for a long time.

I haven't seen any 'free gift' Nissan GTR this time either... Where do I find it? And are there anymore free cars that were given out in this patch?

The same for me at Greece ...!!! I guess we have just to wait ...

Actually with the weak AI, non-grid starts, and lack of endurance races or optional mechanical damage/part failure and extremely weak single race options, I get the sense GT is designed around an auto museum. I am praying to be proven wrong in future updates.

PLEEEEASE tell me where this museum is that you speak of. I would love to know where you can pick from a fleet of cars and take them to any track in the world and race them against hundreds of other cars.

BWX
If the Mona Lisa was full of aliasing, that would probably be an improvement. For replays, it looked ok.

Its the HD age, I want my picture sharp and crisp and motion blur should not be the weapon of choice against aliasing anyway.

Can somebody help me? I'm a bit confused here:

The update was supposed to give everyone a free Nissan GTR if you participated in the Academy, yeah? Well, I very much did. Spent ages on it. I missed the chance to pick up all my car-rewards last summer, for last year's Academy (GT Academy 2012) because I was in the Le Mans 24 hour race; it took me 3 months to finish it, partly cos I gave up on it for a long time.

I haven't seen any 'free gift' Nissan GTR this time either... Where do I find it? And are there anymore free cars that were given out in this patch?

This would be the 3rd time they mentioned that we would be getting it, but alas no one has seen it yet...either here in the US, or in Europe (where I've heard that this update was suppose to release it).

Yay the RA Menu Options are back to select within the races once you've mapped the buttons of course. You can now look left and right again within the cockpit :) I also didn't get the Gift GT-R :(

After doing the 1.02 update, the word 'New' appeared next to my garage.
I hadn't bought any new cars so I went to have a look, and it was the GTR.
I'm in New Zealand and only played the demo as we didn't qualify for GT Academy.

BWX
What the hell I just went to update and as soon as it started updating.. my PS3 restarted! Checking file system now. What the heck is going on?

Mine did the same. On the second try it has started the download this time. 11 minutes to go at the moment *fingers crossed*!

My PS3 Slim triple beeped and shut down the first time I clicked to download the patch when I loaded GT6 this evening.

It successfully downloaded and installed at the second attempt.

Preliminary testing around HSR and Autumn Ring Mini in the Sunday cup with various 340-360 PP cars gives me cautious optimism.

The AI doesn't seem to be giving it up when you get near them, once at ARM I've had the AI go around turn 2 side by side on the outside, I had a car outbrake me at HSR into the first meaningful corner, admittedly I braked early in a car I had no experience with, and I stayed behind him until the final turn. Predictably into the first corner of the esses he braked, stopped braking, braked a second time, but he didn't park on the apex.

Once passed though the AI tend to fall away quite rapidly.

Analysis of sector times indicates that they are not slowing down to let you catch much if at all now.

As I say, preliminary and only in a tiny sample of races but I'm looking forward to more testing times.

PLEEEEASE tell me where this museum is that you speak of. I would love to know where you can pick from a fleet of cars and take them to any track in the world and race them against hundreds of other cars.

I was referring to singleplayer. Yes, online there are options for good racing (minus the mysterious absence of shuffle races). Offline, however, is sorely lacking.

After doing the 1.02 update, the word 'New' appeared next to my garage.
I hadn't bought any new cars so I went to have a look, and it was the GTR.
I'm in New Zealand and only played the demo as we didn't qualify for GT Academy.

Hopefully I have one too then, didn't think we would get it because we didn't qualify....Home time seems so far away at the moment :lol:

Not sure if been answered, but is L1/R1 function on G25 supported now?
I use CSR wheel in G25 mode and before patch, right paddle shifter did not change the info on the pre-race screen, now it does work. Not sure what else it does that it didn't do before.

BWX
I use CSR wheel in G25 mode and before patch, right paddle shifter did not change the info on the pre-race screen, now it does work. Not sure what else it does that it didn't do before.

Awesome. I believe L1/R1 flips through every section in every menu screen right? Dealership, menu screen, and when making car mods. Will make things easier now atleast and be able to see the visual car mods.

Back