1.02 Update live!

• Thread starter alfaphlex
  • 722 comments
[quote="gambleboyen, post: 9096343, member: 147225
11422055256_42af8f5e0e.jpg

Finally, as a bonus to players who participated in GT Academy 2013 – this update will provide a very special gift, the Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 as raced by Yamauchi-san himself at this year’s Nurburgring 24H race.[/quote]

I participated in the academy, but I can't find the car. I did receive an email that I would. So where did you find it? In your garage or in the store?

After doing the 1.02 update, the word 'New' appeared next to my garage.
I hadn't bought any new cars so I went to have a look, and it was the GTR.
I'm in New Zealand and only played the demo as we didn't qualify for GT Academy.

Really, i had the "new" tab on my garage as well, but didnt have any new cars. Only have 20 as i hadnt done the glitch, so was looking forward to the free GTR. Hopefully it shows when i boot up tonight.

Got booted out mid-race when the update notice suddenly appeared on-screen. Wouldn't have minded so much if I wasn't midway through the third race on the GT500 series. :(

And, once I'd downloaded and installed the update, my Garage had a wee *New!* sign on it. "Cool, must be the Academy GTR everyone's been going on about."

Entered my garage and there's no new cars at all.

So I downloaded the update, downloaded the mini-update that came along with it, and now my console is on a black screen not loading anything.

So I downloaded the update, downloaded the mini-update that came along with it, and now my console is on a black screen not loading anything.
Same thing happened here and to others. I ejected my disk and when I put it back in did the triple beep and the console restarted. Everything seems to work fine afterwards.

Man, the new slipstream, PD FINALLY nailed it. It's very good, much better than the weak one. I love it!

It took 6 years, but they got there lol

The whole lack of an L1/R1 button on the DS3 while a steering wheel is plugged in is kind of an inconvenience.. Where's this Christmas music that's supposed to be playing on the menus?
Just noticed this while buying aero parts for a C63 AMG. :grumpy:

dont feel like reading 20 pages to see if it was mentioned. HEADLIGHTS POINT STRAIGHT NOW! as many noticed, headlights on some cars had a tendency to point up instaid of forward. this is fixed now (at least on the benz VGT). i will check in a few minutes to see if they also actually light up the road.

The whole lack of an L1/R1 button on the DS3 while a steering wheel is plugged in is kind of an inconvenience.. Where's this Christmas music that's supposed to be playing on the menus?
In nowhere...they are hidden tracks, and just appear on christmas...Since GT5 Prologue.

dont feel like reading 20 pages to see if it was mentioned. HEADLIGHTS POINT STRAIGHT NOW! as many noticed, headlights on some cars had a tendency to point up instaid of forward. this is fixed now (at least on the benz VGT). i will check in a few minutes to see if they also actually light up the road.
Great, now i will see the tarmac on the Willow Springs at night.

Last edited by a moderator:
They made a very bad design decision and were criticized for it. We should thank those people who did criticized Sony and PD for this and not PD for fixing a problem they made. Just my 2 cents

PD should also at least get some kudos for listening too, no? Mistakes always happen.

Can anyone confirm for other cars as well? Gonna add this to 1st post.

Some driving options are "greyed out" in the popup menu on certain cars. On the McLaren F1 GTR base model, I couldn't change traction control or brake bias.

Back