1.02 Update live!

• Thread starter alfaphlex
  • 722 comments
My personal BGM is still messed up. Not as badly as before, but I've had a few races on 1.02 where the music didn't play. Menu BGM works just fine, but Racing BGM still needs to be fixed.

I been listening to- and adjusted my personal music from day one v1.00. In the fast option menu at a paused race. That what you talking about?
No, in the sound settings it adds the volume for personal music making it louder(150) or quieter (0) over and above race menu and replay bgm settings. They added this slider bar in gt5 after you were able to play personal music. FYI really good quality music stuff over 320kbps in the 1200-1600kbps range sound quiet in the game when played. So this is a must have feature. You probably didn't notice because you are not using the large theater settings which make the already quiet music even quieter.

Downloading now, 1255mb. I guess I'll check to see if the 20mil "trick" still works.

Hopefully this fixes whatever issue is causing both the stockyard wipes and corrupt saves (happened 3 times to me, luckily I always backup saves).

Will update post in a bit.

Patch details:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/18/gran-turismo-6-red-bull-x-challenge-goes-live-today/
Gran Turismo 6: Red Bull X Challenge goes live today

11422055256_42af8f5e0e.jpg

Consecutive Login Bonus
When you login online for consecutive days, a bonus to all credits awards will be added for each consecutive day: 110% for the 1st day, 130% for the 2nd day, 140% for the 3rd day and so on, until you will receive 200% bonus on the 5th day. Be sure to login every day to earn more credits!

Credits earned in Career Mode increased
The amount of credits earned in Career Mode have been increased. Rewards for Novice Class races have been raised to approximately 110%, for National B Class up to approx. 130%, for National A Class to approx. 140%, for International B Class to approx. 150%, for International A Class to approx. 160%, and for Super Class they have been raised to approximately 170%. This may give good incentive to go back and try some races you’ve already cleared!

Entry requirements for Seasonal Events lowered
The requirements to enter Seasonal Events have been changed. Now players will only require a National B Licence in order to participate (previously they needed a National A Licence). Following this Update and only for a limited time, there will be unique special events that will award cars as prizes, so don’t miss this opportunity, and remember to login online!

Bonus Events within Seasonal Events
From 20 December 2013 3:00AM GMT to 17 January 2014 3:00AM GMT the Seasonal Events will host a special bonus event. If you obtain a Gold award in all events, the credits reward will add up to 3,000,000 credits, and combined with the Consecutive Login Bonus, this can multiply to a maximum 6,000,000 credits!

Furthermore, a second bonus event is planned to be held from 2 January 2014 3:00AM GMT to 30 January 2014 3:00AM. Again, this event will allow you to win up to 6,000,000 credits when combined with the Consecutive Login Bonus, so if you participate in both special events you could earn up to 12,000,000 credits!

We hope you will enjoy these unique events during the seasonal holidays and into the New Year!

*Please note that the entry period of the bonus Seasonal Events is 4 weeks in total, but the online rankings will only be recorded for the first 2 weeks.

Other patch details (what we've gathered so far):
- Ascari glitch dead
- 20mil glitch NO LONGER WORKS.
- Glitched garage and credits not affected.
- No multi-monitor options
- No check mark in dealerships for cars stored in stockyard
- BMW m4 now added in recomended cars
- RB kart cost 10k
- X2014 jr 200k
- Added lambo to vgt project
- "Terms & conditions" notification when booting up the game appears to have been corrected.
- RA functions now available for DS3 and supported wheels
- L1/R1 for menu working on DFGT but not on ds3 if plugged in together
- L1/R1 for menu still not working for T500rs, but neither on DS3 if plugged in together.
- Personal music working properly in races. Volume control added as well.
- Aftermarket wheels still bugged for cars with wider rear tires.
- "Real" slipstream option in addition to "Weak" and "Strong."
- "Drivetrain (Transmission)" Changed to "Transmission" in settings menu
- Mira has been fixed, it now has 183 horsepower when fully tuned
- Online lobby names changed to psn ID
- Blur in replays from normal views gone
- When in a base model car/kart, the driver number no longer goes blank when changing tuning sheet
- Body rigidity still appears to be messed up
- Class A, Coffee Break, Cone Challenge 3 is broken. Crossing the finish line does not end the challenge.
- KTM X-Bow now has a proper hood cam
Downloading now, 1255mb. I guess I'll check to see if the 20mil "trick" still works.

Hopefully this fixes whatever issue is causing both the stockyard wipes and corrupt saves (happened 3 times to me, luckily I always backup saves).

Will update post in a bit.

Patch details:
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/18/gran-turismo-6-red-bull-x-challenge-goes-live-today/
Gran Turismo 6: Red Bull X Challenge goes live today

11422055256_42af8f5e0e.jpg

Consecutive Login Bonus
When you login online for consecutive days, a bonus to all credits awards will be added for each consecutive day: 110% for the 1st day, 130% for the 2nd day, 140% for the 3rd day and so on, until you will receive 200% bonus on the 5th day. Be sure to login every day to earn more credits!

Credits earned in Career Mode increased
The amount of credits earned in Career Mode have been increased. Rewards for Novice Class races have been raised to approximately 110%, for National B Class up to approx. 130%, for National A Class to approx. 140%, for International B Class to approx. 150%, for International A Class to approx. 160%, and for Super Class they have been raised to approximately 170%. This may give good incentive to go back and try some races you’ve already cleared!

Entry requirements for Seasonal Events lowered
The requirements to enter Seasonal Events have been changed. Now players will only require a National B Licence in order to participate (previously they needed a National A Licence). Following this Update and only for a limited time, there will be unique special events that will award cars as prizes, so don’t miss this opportunity, and remember to login online!

Bonus Events within Seasonal Events
From 20 December 2013 3:00AM GMT to 17 January 2014 3:00AM GMT the Seasonal Events will host a special bonus event. If you obtain a Gold award in all events, the credits reward will add up to 3,000,000 credits, and combined with the Consecutive Login Bonus, this can multiply to a maximum 6,000,000 credits!

Furthermore, a second bonus event is planned to be held from 2 January 2014 3:00AM GMT to 30 January 2014 3:00AM. Again, this event will allow you to win up to 6,000,000 credits when combined with the Consecutive Login Bonus, so if you participate in both special events you could earn up to 12,000,000 credits!

We hope you will enjoy these unique events during the seasonal holidays and into the New Year!

*Please note that the entry period of the bonus Seasonal Events is 4 weeks in total, but the online rankings will only be recorded for the first 2 weeks.

Other patch details (what we've gathered so far):
- Ascari glitch dead
- 20mil glitch NO LONGER WORKS.
- Glitched garage and credits not affected.
- No multi-monitor options
- No check mark in dealerships for cars stored in stockyard
- BMW m4 now added in recomended cars
- RB kart cost 10k
- X2014 jr 200k
- Added lambo to vgt project
- "Terms & conditions" notification when booting up the game appears to have been corrected.
- RA functions now available for DS3 and supported wheels
- L1/R1 for menu working on DFGT but not on ds3 if plugged in together
- L1/R1 for menu still not working for T500rs, but neither on DS3 if plugged in together.
- Personal music working properly in races. Volume control added as well.
- Aftermarket wheels still bugged for cars with wider rear tires.
- "Real" slipstream option in addition to "Weak" and "Strong."
- "Drivetrain (Transmission)" Changed to "Transmission" in settings menu
- Mira has been fixed, it now has 183 horsepower when fully tuned
- Online lobby names changed to psn ID
- Blur in replays from normal views gone
- When in a base model car/kart, the driver number no longer goes blank when changing tuning sheet
- Body rigidity still appears to be messed up
- Class A, Coffee Break, Cone Challenge 3 is broken. Crossing the finish line does not end the challenge.
- KTM X-Bow now has a proper hood cam

Have people actually already receive their GTR from the academy participation?
I didn't have time to gold them all, but I did 'participate' so I was wondering if I would get one.

Cheers!

As opposed to 1.01 which was corrupt 5 times before I got it to install, 1.02 downloaded and installed fine. I also had the black screen and had to restart the PS3 after the mini updates, but everything worked.

Not from what I've gathered, it's just like the 125 PD karts. Maybe slightly more grip but that could be my imagination after driving road cars with CS tires.

The Redbull juniors should create some great spec racing in the near future, very fun car. The great sound plays a big part in that though. We need sounds like that for tuned Subaru's etc.
I just raced the red bull jr car and that was fun! A spec car with low HP and high grip. Well I finally got close to what I've wanted for years:D. I love the feeder series formula IRL and now we get a close approximation in game. And the sound of 16 cars barreling into turn one with all the downshifts is music to my ears. Bravo PD
tumblr_mkvnfgvf081rt89d7o1_500.gif

Last edited:
Have some of the MR cars been tweaked in 1.02? The Stratos feels a bit more stable stock (as in I bought a brand new one from the dealership), but I'm not sure; it may be me changing up the brake balance (for the first time) and my driving.

DSC_0129_zps7927d78d.jpg

HSV-010 GT 15th Anniversary '11

The Turbo setting still not fixed (cannot select High RPM Turbo even after it was bought).

Is this my only or others to, BMW M4 when i have steering view all internal and dashboard in car has tottaly black? On my others cars there has no that kind black dashboard!

Is this my only or others to, BMW M4 when i have steering view all internal and dashboard in car has tottaly black? On my others cars there has no that kind black dashboard!
If this is about that new BMW, interior is not yet available. PD is going add it in near future.

How/when do we get Kaz' GT-R GT3 academy car?
Go to the Nissan dealership and a few pages towards the end you'll see it. I think it's priced at 350k, but maybe it's more.

The '13, '12 and '11 are all in there, and I think all were used by Kaz.

HSV-010 GT 15th Anniversary '11

The Turbo setting still not fixed (cannot select High RPM Turbo even after it was bought).

And I thought it was me, tried to purchased it, but message said I owned it already.

Go to the Nissan dealership and a few pages towards the end you'll see it. I think it's priced at 350k, but maybe it's more.

The '13, '12 and '11 are all in there, and I think all were used by Kaz.

I think Phil meant the free one for taking part it GT-A.

How/when do we get Kaz' GT-R GT3 academy car?

Not a clue. Everything surrounding its delivery is a bit vague, just like any other delivery service. Sometime between now and whenever and could be delivered between 08:00am and 21:00pm.

I think Phil meant the free one for taking part it GT-A.

Not a clue. Everything surrounding its delivery is a bit vague, just like any other delivery service. Sometime between now and whenever and could be delivered between 08:00am and 21:00pm.

I know he was, and that's the only way to get it if it didn't appear in your garage after the 1.02 update. It's the same one that's in the dealership, it's not a special car that only a select few can get.

I know he was, and that's the only way to get it if it didn't appear in your garage after the 1.02 update. It's the same one that's in the dealership, it's not a special car that only a select few can get.

Ahh, OK.

I know its not special, it's just free.

The 1.02 patch introduce the possibility to map a controller button for RA function for all the controllers as in GT5.
Unfortunately the RA fuction is bugged and works fine just in career mode and in single race mode.
In Online mode you can recall the on screen display of the RA function but no value can be changed: every function (TCS, ABS, ASM, Front brake balance, Rear brake balance) is obscured.
In "free run" from garage just TCS value can be changed.

Last edited:
The 1.02 patch introduce the possibility to map a controller button for RA function for all the controllers as in GT5.
Unfortunately the RA fuction is bugged and works fine just in career mode and in single race mode.
In Online mode you can recall the on screen display of the RA function but no valor can be changed: every function (TCS, ABS, ASM, Front brake balance, Rear brake balance) is obscured.
In "free run" from garage just TCS valor can be changed.

That looks intentional to me - not caused by a coding error.

That looks intentional to me - not caused by a coding error.
I should agree with you if I will try to change driving aids value in a room with no driving aids allowed, no in a room with everything allowed.
Moreover why I should not change my brake balance from the RA menu.

I should agree with you if I will try to change driving aids value in a room with no driving aids allowed, no in a room with everything allowed.
Moreover why I should not change my brake balance from the RA menu.
PD do a lot of weird stuff, who knows what rationale is behind some of their decisions.

I see there's yet another small update. That's #2 after 1.02.
Any ideas what has changed?

edit
Guessing it's the Hudson Hornet seasonal that was added?

Last edited:
New update when I got home from work. GT-R GT3 gift for taking part in the academy 2013 challenge arrived!

Have people actually already receive their GTR from the academy participation?
I didn't have time to gold them all, but I did 'participate' so I was wondering if I would get one.

Cheers!
I just got mine, out of nowhere. Started up my game and the first screen I get is a spinning GT-R "awarded for participating in GT Academy 2013" :sly:

PD should also at least get some kudos for listening too, no? Mistakes always happen.
PD made a bad design decision and integrated microtransactions at the same time. Do you really think it was a mistake? I think Sony thought they can milk the cow.

The redbull event was a nice surprise. And good racing! I can't wait for AMG academy and GT academy equivalents. But I do think these are more special events than actual career events...

I'd prefer they add proper series races, enduros, and more progressive career type events in the career section and move the one off unique events to special events. Just seems to make more sense.

But we did get 2 new cars and some good bug fixes so its good progress, progress we weren't expecting so soon.

Back