1.14 community feature is good but would have been even better if...

• Thread starter MrGrado
  • 13 comments
VBR
...we could access all features via PC, instead of being forced to use a PC for some of them. For instance; viewing members list, removing members, etc.
Perhaps they don't want you on the PC too often for fear ads might start to pop up for Steam sales on Assetto Corsa, Game Stock Car Extreme, Spintires...etc...:sly:

The part of Community that PD has completely overlooked is the ability to gift and trade like we had in GT5. That was for me the best part of the game. The very close comradery and friendships as well as the 🤬 paint chips you miss because you can't gold every event.

The part of Community that PD has completely overlooked is the ability to gift and trade like we had in GT5. That was for me the best part of the game. The very close comradery and friendships as well as the 🤬 paint chips you miss because you can't gold every event.

I have to agree with you about missing all the great times we had and friendships made back in the old Market Place of the GT5 days, great times and a lot of good memories. Having said that though, there really is no reason to have the ability to gift cars and/or paint chips as every car is now easily obtained through the dealership along with its paint chip i. Credits are pretty easy to obtain nowadays also (a million can easily be made in a very short time) to buy the cars you want therefore making gifting really unnecessary. I do miss the Market Place though, great times indeed. If ever have a minute and just looking for something to pass the time away for a bit, you should go back and read some of the posts there in the Market Place, its in the archived section, really brings back a lot of memories. I got bored and browsed through there just a few days ago while eating breakfast. :lol:

Since course maker isn't added yet, I still have a deluded hope they're going to make that sort of thing more global. The whole "friends" thing is far too local for my tastes. But I understand your frustration.

It appears that an event in club mode cannot be altered so when a Host sets up an event all subsequent races are of the same format - if I'm right on that then the feature is useless for me as a meeting comprises three events each with different PP, KG and BHP and possibly a change of track as well.

Gifting of cars would still be nice - I used to use it on GT5 to send friends copies of my favourite tunes to try.

I have to agree with you about missing all the great times we had and friendships made back in the old Market Place of the GT5 days, great times and a lot of good memories. Having said that though, there really is no reason to have the ability to gift cars and/or paint chips as every car is now easily obtained through the dealership along with its paint chip i. Credits are pretty easy to obtain nowadays also (a million can easily be made in a very short time) to buy the cars you want therefore making gifting really unnecessary. I do miss the Market Place though, great times indeed. If ever have a minute and just looking for something to pass the time away for a bit, you should go back and read some of the posts there in the Market Place, its in the archived section, really brings back a lot of memories. I got bored and browsed through there just a few days ago while eating breakfast. :lol:

Mitch, I agree with you.👍 The archives are great! I'm just frustrated about the paint chips. I don't get to play every for hours at a time like in GT5. I looked at my last GT5 and I had played GT5 for something over 3,000 days. With GT6 I just hit 600 days. There are just a few metalics and chromes I missed. I've bought about 75 cars just for paint chips. That's why I was hoping for trades.

I am not sure how to go about the community features, I think that they are great, however there are a few things that annoy me.

1. Why did they add a limit to how many words you can post in the club forums and racing events, this just makes more work, when I need to explain the rules of an event.

2. Why cant we view members of the club on the ps3 and kick them.

3. Why cant we promote members into rolls that allow them to set up events.

4. The obvious sharing of cars.
These are just a few things I don,t like with community feature, that could of been implement better. I also feel the community feature is vastly underused. I see many clubs, they have X amount of members but no activity, why should I join these clubs if there is little information about the club, no post in the forum or no scheduled events, what's the point in the first place.

My own club has 30 members and only 5 actually race and join our events, some I know the reason, but this still makes me mad.

My own club has 30 members and only 5 actually race and join our events, some I know the reason, but this still makes me mad.

Mine had over 100 members, still had the same trouble. I've closed it down & am now going back to using open lobbies, which are apparently more stable than club lobbies anyway,.

Why did they add a limit to how many words you can post in the club forums and racing events, this just makes more work, when I need to explain the rules of an event.

This is such an issue. With the 'PP' system being so flawed in terms of equality, there is not enough characters in the messages for anything other than a handful of basic car regulations.

Also, many series will have people from all different countries, so there's no room for translations that can help those who don't speak foreign or different languages to well.

Plus, 'clean' racing is subjective, some see this as 'rubbing is racing', for others absolutely zero 'contact' at all times is what's required.

There's simply not enough space for organisers to post details that help make their events or clubs specific, which is, for many, a major reason to have these clubs / events.

VBR
Mine had over 100 members, still had the same trouble. I've closed it down & am now going back to using open lobbies, which are apparently more stable than club lobbies anyway,.

I'm doing the same as VBR - using public rooms. At the moment the community feature appears only half finished plus I have concerns about stability which is why I originally switched from private rooms to public.

Back