1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Alfa 4C, anyone?

image014.jpg

image015.jpg

From Lamley.

I stopped by the local Wal-Mart today for some orange juice and found myself a pretty good Oldsmobile 442 M2. First one I've seen. My mom had the same year and colors. I'll post a pic when I've sobered up a bit.

What kind of orange juice have you been drinking? :P

Alfa 4C, anyone?

I am okay with this.
I won't find one, but I can hope I guess.

Alfa 4C, anyone?

image014.jpg

image015.jpg

From Lamley.

Yes, and please. :drool:

Also, check this out:

SAM_0438.JPG

SAM_0442.JPG

SAM_0440.JPG

The white underbelly of this bad boy reads "Impavido I", and it came into my household right today. Not a uber rare sugar coated special car, but I kinda like it. It is indeed a HW car, so there you go, it fits the thread. :sly:

Also, here's an example of @AOS- style photography (in the most literal sense of the expression):

SAM_0437.JPG

I shall name this the "Inverted Hot Corgi".

My god, does that name sound bad, even in context. :lol:

The way those side windows look on the HW's 'Impavido I' reminds me of the 'Probe 16' from 'A Clockwork Orange' (film). I actually saw it in the flesh a few days ago. What a crazy concept.

800px-Probe_16.jpg

Can't wait to get my hands on one of those MBX Alfa 4C's too. :drool:

Hum, I can defintely see the resemblances. The glass housing is wide and big, just like the Impavido. Also, that Probe thingy looks incredible, dat orange body... And it was a movie-exclusive car, huh?

Also, what did you think of that last Impavido photo, Doc?

I think the Vanguards/Corgi Peugeot 309 needs a pic all of it's own. :D

Why Doc, how kind of you to praise me Corgi. :D I do like a lot, but oh boy was it tough picking it as my purchase...

Fun fact: It was also a purchase that happened today. One of the two purchases was free; can you guess which one it is?

I'm guessing the HW.

Corgi Vanguards do some really nice cars. I have yet to acquire one, but i think you chose well. 👍

Yep, you guessed it right; it was given to me by my godfather, who told me he had an "amazing car" for me. Can't really say I wasn't happy to get the Impavido, even if it isn't a real-life car I like it. And a quick research led me to the information that it is a 2012 Track Stars car, apparently it's the right car to whip around a HW track...

Oh boy, was it hard to pick it... The shop from where I bought it also had a 1/18 Lamborghini Estoque, and I was torn between the both. Not to mention that there were also other Corgi Vanguard cars, including an Austin Allegro and even Gene Hunt's Audi Quattro! (You should recognize this last car Doc, since you are British...) But eventually I settled for the 309, perhaps because it was a cool Peugeot, perhaps because it was smaller (and therefore easier to store) than the Estoque. But man, was I ever confused when it came to picking one...

Funny you should mention Austin Allegro. I nearly picked up this Oxford diecast (1/76 scale) Allegro estate, the other day. :lol:

76ALL002_1592088_Qty1_1.jpg

Haha, oh man, that looks ungainly as all heck. :lol: Why do I still feel that I'd buy one regardless? Probably because it's also pretty unique, didn't really know until now that there was such a thing as an Austin Allegro estate...

RSR RSR RSR RSR

That is all.

It's tempting to get all 3, but given that I don't have the silver, that's the best reason I can come up with to not get the white one. The red and black are too dope to pass on though.

930s are tempting too, but I've already got 934s that look really similar.

So after an interview downtown, I stopped by Dufferin Mall again and found TRU with a few of these:

29800groupwebsiteimage_zps19bb082e.jpg

I myself am not interested, but the details on these Country Road Series Greenlights were pretty good!

Last edited:
Well consider me surprised, actually, very surprised. I was browsing in the Hot Wheels Newsletter group on Facebook this morning, and I came across this:

10533054_10200550755088120_1038782398265091231_n.jpg

11078139_10200550755448129_8016589847212550988_n.jpg

11102712_10200550755248124_3807140607152632431_n.jpg

Yea that's right, a Rear Loading Beach Bomb. Someone in the group had seen this thing in person and said it was being sold for $20,000! Wether or not this is the "real deal" or not, I don't know for sure, but still, it is a very interesting vehicle and I just thought I would share. :)

Last edited:
oh em geez

http://lamleydlm.blogspot.ca/2015/03/just-released-hot-wheels-porsche-series.html

The card art and bold colour schemes are very attractive at first, but the fact only a small number of them are castings without some sort of flaw is a big deal breaker for me.

That 918 has most of my attention, but only the 935 and 993 are the only ones not on up on the wall.
I'll snap up the 917 and 959 in a jiffy.

Alfa 4C, anyone?

image014.jpg

image015.jpg

From Lamley.
You know what I find annoying about Matchboxes? They aren't sold in my local K-Mart or Target! I genuinely want this model
That's all very tempting, especially with the prices.

.............................Yea that's right, a Rear Loading Beach Bomb. Someone in the group had seen this thing in person and said it was being sold for $20,000! Wether or not this is the "real deal" or not, I don't know for sure, but still, it is a very interesting vehicle and I just thought I would share. :)

Great catch. ;) 👍

IMG_5238_zpsjkjvke9l.jpg

IMG_5239_zpsl8xl5fmg.jpg

IMG_5221_zpsxenzsx0b.jpg

That's the whole idea. When you score like that is when it really kicks the whole collecting schtick up a notch. If you actually bought it for $50.00 - Oh! well, no big deal. That would be just a purchase.

See - collecting has changed because of the internet, and the access and ready availability of pretty much anything - whether Jesus' face on toast or the pink RLBB. Enough cash - and most anything is yours. Getting it the way you did was what makes the heart sing with the thrill of the hunt, and the final kill.

To me that's the real joy of the hobby.

That's the whole idea. When you score like that is when it really kicks the whole collecting schtick up a notch. If you actually bought it for $50.00 - Oh! well, no big deal. That would be just a purchase.

See - collecting has changed because of the internet, and the access and ready availability of pretty much anything - whether Jesus' face on toast or the pink RLBB. Enough cash - and most anything is yours. Getting it the way you did was what makes the heart sing with the thrill of the hunt, and the final kill.

To me that's the real joy of the hobby.

I couldn't agree with you more, my friend 👍

Props for being able to find it for such a low price! What did you trade off for it?

The purple flamed '69 Vette from a year ago, the red Focus from 2 or 3 years ago, and a Rat Bomb that I've had since whenever that thing came out.

Back