1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
DSC_0067.JPG

Who's lying here? *1970 vs 1974

And you wanted me to open mine. Not happening. :P

You should still open that.
Wow. Cash in on that Silverado! You can get yourself a high-end AutoART. :drool:
Spoken like a collector that jumped ship from 1/64. :grumpy:

Last edited:
Alright, time to reveal what I bought from pallaszg this time. Many $ worth of stuff as you all know.

No slouching today, starting right off with CM's

this 240RS

this other 240RS

Lancia Delta S4

This thing looks really good. :drool:

TLV Galant!

Yes, the front end is yellowed, no I can't do anything about it, no I'm not very happy about it.
Rear looks nice though.

And a lone Kyosho in this lot.

It's slightly crooked, but it's not that bad in person. I might be able to fix it.

AAH you thought that there were no more CM's in this lot. Well Pallaszg sent me one as a gift this time. No doubt to make up for the yellow Galant. :P
It is damaged though, looks like the wing came off at some point (that's why it's a little off). Can fix it no problem though.

And finally the secret car that I completely blurred out last time. Oooh.
It's by Real X which I've never heard of. Though I bet someone else in this thread has.
Anyway, it's really nice. And it was the cheapest of all the cars I bought this time.

It's 1/72 as well, which means I can do this and it's in scale.

DISCLAIMER: Not an actual wartime photo. No Nissans were harmed in the making of this image.

EDIT: Don't know why some of the pictures are broken. :odd:

Maybe you need to reupload the pictures through some other source, @Apok? I could be wrong, but maybe something like that can fix such an issue.

As for the cars, no, I had never heard about Real X, but they seem to have a rather interestingly good level of quality for cars that are apparently cheaper than your average CM's model. Their choice of a Z32 Fairlady Z pace car helps their case, the car itself looks very nice. The front head lights seem to "sunk" (so to speak) a little too much inside the casting's body, and the front bumper blinkers seem to be a bit too large, but other than that I'd say it was money well spent.

The CM's are their ususal selves, good castings of great rally cars. I love the Marlboro-esque factory livery on the Safari Rally 240, but I have a question; why does the other 240RS's numberplate read "Londres"? Because's that certainly not the English spelling of the name... It is the Portuguese way of spelling London, or maybe it's French in this case. Care to clarify my doubts?

apok
It's by Real X which I've never heard of. Though I bet someone else in this thread has.

EDIT: Don't know why some of the pictures are broken. :odd:

*raises hand* I have I have!

Your pictures are broken because you crushed the Z.

Also, I think at this point, you can come grab the rest of my CM's off me. I'll even pitch some Norevs. Down for it? Up for it?

God, some amazing haul guys. 👍👍​
I'm happy to say that I found a blue NSX and a Shelby GT350R.
I'm unhappy because I haven't.
I finally found them at TRU other day. I was too lazy to buy them for just two mainlines, so I passed. :P It's TRU's fault. "Would you like to apply for the Toys R Us blah blah card?" "Would you like to sign up for the Rewards Card?" Every. Frigging. Time.

I avoid Subway, too. Their competitors see all my money.

P.S. I saw the new Jeep line at my Walmart today? I didn't see any of those Jeeps, and I check there almost everyday! I've been sensing this store has become collector heavy recently. :(
The really surprising thing is that it has taken you this long to realize.
I've been uncarding for over a year!
As for Jarrod, out of hope.
I haven't given up on Jarrod yet. Harassing each other has become a hobby, really.
Maybe just the Vintage Racing 510. It's cool now, but it's literally ten times cooler loose. It's amazing when you finally meet it in person!

Edit: I should drop this here, too.

0.JPG

Finally. :embarrassed:

That moment when you're at your local Walmart checking for Japan Historics and an employee walks up and starts browsing through the Hot Wheels like a collector.

I won't find the Historics at this store.

I just started working on this for my blog:

000.JPG

Not my favorite casting, but not bad. *shrug*

That, or this?

17.jpg
Why must I choose!? AUTOart, duh... lol
Pretty much. :lol:

And congrats on the GT. Looks good. 👍
Thanks! Yeah, it's pretty nice. Until Andy posted the 1/18, I didn't realize how accurate the tampos were. Display case at work has been hijacked by the owner, but as soon as it returns to normal, I have to display the hot wheels with the 1/18 AUTOart!

Managed to find them all in my local ASDA.

For whatever reason the focus for the first 3 went on the packaging rather than the cars so they are a bit blury:

26212318994_2133974f7d_c.jpg

26213298303_dc29c802f1_c.jpg

26750364321_b496b5faa0_c.jpg

26224727983_69795131d5_c.jpg

26735462792_5f6d91f3ac_c.jpg

26761801041_df80c3e340_c.jpg

26794997396_42f5480fa3_c.jpg

27124296286_ae097ac08e_c.jpg

Yes the plastic packaging on the R32 GTR is damaged, was the only one I could find at the time anywhere, I have since found an undamaged one though.

I gave in and bought them today. The 2000GT's hood tampo sucks.
Funny I just did a search on eBay and the cheapest set listed is actually in Scottsdale AZ, so they may be in the area. I may go to Phoenix next weekend so I'll wait.

Gran Turismo cars on the other hand...

Back