1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
RenoRanes007
For whatever reason the focus for the first 3 went on the packaging rather than the cars so they are a bit blury:

Because the details on the print are sharper than the details on the car. Next time it focuses in something behind your subject, hold the focus and move the camera back.

Basic Physics 101 [/dbag hand gestures lol]

When does the Gran Turismo, Euro, and Japan Historics come out? Last series I got was BMW and my stores have been empty ever since with no new stock. Every now and then there's a new basics case dumped but that's been it. At least it's saving me some money while I wait.

Got 7 in my local Smyths on Saturday £2.50 each. Just the Viper #5 to get, but I did get a GTS race car in another haul last week. I'll upload those. Got the Gulf Ford GT the other week also but this Test Car II one is the best.

They currently have this lovely VW 5 pack in Smyths as well that I periodically put at the back of a peg because I inevitably strike some gold on 4-5 individuals that I want.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Bought the Gran Turismo set earlier today on eBay for $35 shipped. Just sold some things on eBay as well so if I don't find the Japan Historics next weekend up in Phoenix, I'll get them off eBay as well.

Costs almost $40 shipped, but I must say, when you finally see it up close, it's impressive.

More pics in my blogpost if anybody's interested. It's by Bugzees64
00.JPG

000000000000000.JPG

View attachment 549020
Very tempted to crack open... lol
I'd have to buy online, but I'm opening them when I finally order a set. :D
Super Wowzer in my trouser.

The Jagermeister 155 ends at $55 USD

The Secret McLaren F1 ends at $41 USD
I kinda want the red one. Thankfully, much cheaper(but more than Spacejarrod's white one).

Yeah red cars sure attract more attention. Just like red lingerie.

I'm eager to hear about amiami emailing me about the BugZee NSXs being in stock... At this point, I wouldn't mind if it gets delayed later. If it releases in the same month as the Ignition NSX, that would be ideal.

@AOS- Combined shipping is teh win.
@R1600Turbo I really don't know what they were thinking with the price tag. It's kinda like with the 1/43 makers. Unbelievably beautiful products, but what the 🤬 is up with the prices!? :crazy:

Bonus shot I added to the post. It's easy to overlook the amount of detail these guys actually are able to pack in 1/64 scale.

0000000000000000.JPG

Remarkable.

Edit:

Fixed.

When it comes to Alfa 155's Shinji. There's no "kinda" about it. :P:tup:

After this Bugzees GT-R & NSX next, where do I find that kind of money!!!

I did notice the lack of sharpness around the edges as well as a thick rear wing. I'm guessing the wing is diecast and not plastic. I'm guessing it doesn't have brake disc/calipers?

After this Bugzees GT-R & NSX next, where do I find that kind of money!!!

Yeah, fair point. :lol:

Don't forget a certain Silhouette being released next month, that thing ain't cheap either. :nervous:

Last edited:
I did notice the lack of sharpness around the edges as well as a thick rear wing. I'm guessing the wing is diecast and not plastic. I'm guessing it doesn't have brake disc/calipers?
You are right, pretty sure wing's metal. I don't know if I'd call it thick though. Couple more pics on that + the wheel. It's blacked out I think inside the wheel, can't see nothing.

00000000000000000.JPG 000000000000000000.JPG
Yeah, fair point. :lol:

Don't forget a certain Silhouette being released next month, that thing ain't cheap either. :nervous:
Great. At least it should be awesome.

Costs almost $40 shipped, but I must say, when you finally see it up close, it's impressive.

More pics in my blogpost if anybody's interested. It's by Bugzees64
View attachment 549291

View attachment 549292

I'd have to buy online, but I'm opening them when I finally order a set. :D

I kinda want the red one. Thankfully, much cheaper(but more than Spacejarrod's white one).
I need to get one of these... But it won't be cheap. SCREW YOU EXCHANGE RATES:mad::P:lol:

Just found a bunch (around 15) of loose Matchbox, Hot Wheels etc that I'd been looking for for a couple of years. Most of them are 70s/80s.

I can't wait to look through them. Nothing rare like Redlines or Mexican Redlines, but still, old is (generally) good.

I heard that the GT Hot Wheels sets are only available in hobby dealers. Does that mean that I have to go to Hobby Lobby or something? Although I'm getting the feeling that GameStop will have them soon, too.

After over a year of waiting, what a let down it'll be if it's not though. :lol:
Step away from your new Koala Statham gif, Spacegoat! :lol:
I need to get one of these... But it won't be cheap. SCREW YOU EXCHANGE RATES:mad::P:lol:
According to your upside down Spacegoat, it hasn't been favorable to you guys in awhile. It's starting to turn back on me little bit, too. :nervous:
I heard that the GT Hot Wheels sets are only available in hobby dealers. Does that mean that I have to go to Hobby Lobby or something? Although I'm getting the feeling that GameStop will have them soon, too.
In my area, I don't know of any specialty store that would carry "hobby exclusive" items. If I don't buy it online, I'll never see them.

However, I thought I remember reading in this thread before(maybe Lamley blog?) how this series was made available to any Mattel retailers? Of course, all I see locally are cars that targets toddlers & garbage that nobody wants stores use to keep the pegs from floating around, so I never see anything good, GT series hot wheels are no exception. :(

No, online hobby dealers. Wheelcollectors on eBay is one example, though they tent to overcharge for popular models. Right now the best I found (and purchased) was a complete set of 8 for $35 shipped. You won't find these locally unless you have a hobby store that is a Mattel dealer.

Step away from your new Koala Statham gif, Spacegoat! :lol:

Party pooper. :lol:
According to your upside down Spacegoat, it hasn't been favorable to you guys in awhile.

It's dropped beneath 80 yen lately. It was mid to high nineties just over a year and half ago. Stupid exchange rates. :(

Last edited:
Well, darn... I don't do much online purchases, and $35 for all 8 cars? It kills me to say this, but I don't think it's worth it.

Wow we got some new mainlines and we also restocked on the Euro Style!

This isn't excellent news because now we've got peg warmers! You'd never think a Fiat, a Porsche or a BMW would be a peg warmer, but seeing how saturated those pegs are, they just might become warmers.

Back