1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,412 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Do you want me to grab any for you? There was also a quite a few blue P1s, black 356s, blue 993 GT2s, and Greenwood Corvettes I left behind.

For the Euro stuff, only looking for the black 993, Fiat and the Golf. If you also have access to a full set of the Japan cars then I would really be interested.

Let me get back to you on the Japan Historics. I know a guy that bought too many sets. If anyone else wants a set, you know where to hollar.

Let me get back to you on the Japan Historics. I know a guy that bought too many sets. If anyone else wants a set, you know where to hollar.
Come to think about it, I may want multiples of a couple for work desk display. The list:
  • MK7 Golf x1
  • 993 GT2 x1
  • Fiat 500 x1
  • RX-3 x1
  • 2000GT x1
  • Datsun Wagon x2
  • 2000GT-R x1
  • 2000GT-X x2

eBay link just goes to plain homepage for me, but I would pass on international shipping anyway. :crazy:

My local stores continue to suck. Garbage cars that they can't sell, they are literally multiplying in numbers. They are not moving, but they keep adding to the stock. I don't really get it.

I did finally find more than one mainline I wouldn't mind having at Toys R Us today, so I bothered checking out for these two cars:

0.JPG

Hmm, can get them a little cheaper than that. Thought if I could just grab everything at once it would be easier. Thanks though. 👍

Let me talk to him to see if I can work something out.

eBay link just goes to plain homepage for me, but I would pass on international shipping anyway. :crazy:

Hey now, let's be open-minded. You have an opportunity to do a split-order with another dude right now. Find more people to join in and the costs just keep on going down.

My local stores continue to suck.

*finds an NSX*

YEAH OKAY THERE BUDDY :lol:

I was not happy I found just one, as I check this store 2, 3 times a week. I put it on the cashier conveyor belt, but there is an idiot in front of me who is turning debit card payment into rocket science. While waiting, I took another look at the car? Defective front end. Likely why it was the only one left behind. I put it back, and walked out crying. :(

Safeway was a bust. I hate looking for cars at grocery stores because they could literally put them anywhere in the store. So it requires you to practically walk down every isle.

You did better than me. After seeing that one during lunch break, I decided to hit other stores on the way home. I shop mostly in the town where I work, because I hate the town I live in, which is known as the "ticket town". Police we have are ticketing Nazis putting every cities in the State to shame. They've even violated rules on red light camera before(rigging yellow light timing, etc.).

For this reason, I spend my money shopping in the town I work in, not the town I live in. Except when it comes to Japanese groceries, it's in the town I hate. Town I like have Korean market, but it's not the same.

Today, I had to drive around the town I actually live in, and I think red light camera did get me. On a yellow.

It's not supposed to go off on a yellow, but nothing would surprise me with these guys & I did see flashes(camera lights), didn't see anybody running a red behind me. I almost always drive out of my town, not in it, so I didn't even realize that they had a red light camera installed in the particular intersection. :lol:

Anyway, on this trip that cost me probably about $300 in tickets + time & gas, I netted this:

000.JPG
00.JPG

I stopped "hunts" long time ago, because I could save so much more time, gas & money by paying a scalper online. I've broken a rule for the Japan Historics, but instead of the brilliant idea paying off, it's a lesson learned. :crazy:

I went to a Walmart I haven't been to in a while to check to see if they had anything new. It did, well to me. Though, I just noticed I screwed up again and bought yet another car that I already collected; that black Aston Martin DB5.
20160527_134939.jpg 20160527_135055.jpg 20160527_135119.jpg 20160527_135208.jpg

Not me..... Except when it's the fantasy / track cars for my nephews. I don't pay as much attention. Good thing mistake only costs a dollar. :crazy:

Can't wait to find the Honda Monkey/Gorilla bike. Also bit interested in the whatever taxi casting. Looks interesting. I've only seen one CRX, but need one, or two more.

There's like, what, 10 in a box? Not a bad price at all.

Yup 10 in a box

A friend of mine asked me to grab him a case too so I'll be going there again next weekend, so if anybody is interested I'm willing to get a few cases and split them into sets at cost plus shipping

Back