1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Did you hear about the Volkswagen van that does 0-60 in 1.0 second? You guessed it, the vehicle's only about 3" long & is powered by Cano's two legs.

Where can I get myself a set of these? I'd like that to power my future project car.

Where can I get myself a set of these? I'd like that to power my future project car.
I'm sorry, but it's a one-off built in Mexico. Very elusive, apparently. In contrast to it's hyper duper super speed it displays on Walmart floor, unbelievably slow with the presentation of the favorite top ten Desert Island list(you know I love you, Cano lol), and doesn't seem to visit this thread often enough.

So we stay on-topic :lol:

00.JPG

Tomica Premium Subaru Impreza 22B STi - Love this casting. All the curves of this 1/61 casting represent those of the real life Imprezas really well IMO. We don't say this a while lot, but amazing job by Tomica Premium. 👍

Meanwhile none of the Walmart stores in a 50 mile radius from me (there's 7 of them) have yet to have anything past release 3 on pegs. :rolleyes:

Auto World Release 5

13581963_10154213935870281_680707178865826517_o.jpg

13576687_10154213935880281_4062326640207255831_o.jpg

I love this thing!

13620365_10154213935570281_8065405736991198154_n.jpg

Not a green kind of guy, but this is nice.

13612110_10154213935795281_8635734510984923007_n.jpg

The Galaxie is a fine piece of work, that's for sure, but I also like that purple Dart Swinger (haha, what a name, only in 'Murica indeed). It gives me "mini-Challenger" vibes, plus it's a rather unique car choice for the 1/64 American muscle class.

But the Ford is the real highlight, there's no mistaking it there. White or black, it's still a great detailed casting...

You have very different approach to our other brother. "Outrun" Cano. :lol:

No one can beat Cano in a 100m Walmart sprint.

Did you hear about the Volkswagen van that does 0-60 in 1.0 second? You guessed it, the vehicle's only about 3" long & is powered by Cano's two legs.

I'm sorry, but it's a one-off built in Mexico. Very elusive, apparently. In contrast to it's hyper duper super speed it displays on Walmart floor, unbelievably slow with the presentation of the favorite top ten Desert Island list(you know I love you, Cano lol), and doesn't seem to visit this thread often enough.

So that's six posts about me (ahem) and not a single tag. Come on people.

Also WTF dudes. I love being remembered.

And yes, I know I'm slow. Have been hindered by work for as long as I can remember, sorry dude. Will revisit my list and see if I can get something done this weekend.

Finally uncarded the Japan Historics I got from @Speedracer8218 today. I've been very bored by Mattel's premium retail cars for sometime(this includes Matchbox), and I'm very happy to say, Japan Historics are pretty cool.... and I found the RX-3's to be a Sub Zero. Love these new real riders, too. 👍
000000.JPG

So that's six posts about me (ahem) and not a single tag. Come on people.
It was more fun that way, @Cano :P

And yes, I know I'm slow. Have been hindered by work for as long as I can remember, sorry dude. Will revisit my list and see if I can get something done this weekend.
You know I'm just teasing. Take your time. Work, life, then hot wheels. 👍

Edit: One of my favorite seller's listing batch of mainline to low premium cars. Lot's of hot wheels, etc.

Last edited:
^ Love that Camaro :drool:

As for my new cars, here they are. Full set of Japan Historics with a second RX3 (more on this at the end of this post), and a 2002 Jeff Gordon RCCA car which I believe is/was a members-only product.

Snapchat-6656849882302330839.jpg Snapchat-1520589650850911333.jpg

20160709_184628.jpg

And back to the second RX3:

I picked up the first one because both that one and the only other one on the pegs had a crack in the blister. With as much as these JH series cars seem to be going for on the secondary market, I didn't want to take the chance of leaving it behind and have it end up being the only RX3 I ever found. Luckily I was able to find a replacement, free of any issues, when I found the 510. The first RX3, the one with the blister cracks, serves me no purpose now so if anyone wants it I'd be willing to part with it, as long as whoever it is that takes it off my hands pays shipping and is willing to do so via check (check is the only payment method I can accept right now). I'd charge you just for shipping and the car would be left carded to try to help protect it a little more. If anyone wants it, send me a PM and we'll go from there. If no one wants it, then I'll just hang onto it or see if anyone outside of GTP wants it. The RX3 in question is the one alone, in its own pic, with no other cars in the picture. Other than the blister cracks, this car is in pretty great shape save for maybe a slight bend in the card; one of the RX3s has one but I can't remember which. However I'll be sure to make note of this is in any and all PMs I may get.

You should just return it, @Johnny1996 Don't forget to take the car out, then switch it with undesirable mainline casting before you take it back. If you have 79 cents Maisto, mo better. j/k
Found the 510! :D:bowdown:
Unbelievable. You rule. 👍
M2 Auto Drivers '69 Camaro Z/28 RS
You probably remember me posting one. It's $2.99 here, Andy. Love M2 Machines. Great pics as usual btw. 👍

You should just return it, @Johnny1996 Don't forget to take the car out, then switch it with undesirable mainline casting before you take it back. If you have 79 cents Maisto, mo better. j/k
I've thought about that too. I know there's gotta be at least someone somewhere out there looking for one if they want it loose.

And that seriously makes me wonder if anyone's ever tried that. :lol:
Unbelievable. You rule. 👍
They had two of them by the way, obviously left the second one behind.

I've thought about that too. I know there's gotta be at least someone somewhere out there looking for one if they want it loose.
I was thinking just get your money back, but that's a good point. It'd help another collector for sure.
And that seriously makes me wonder if anyone's ever tried that. :lol:
I wish that was a made-up joke, but we post one from time to time in this very thread. There are people who do stuff like that. :crazy:
They had two of them by the way, obviously left the second one behind.
I have just one set so far. If I see them in stores, I would take another 510 & RX-3 to keep them carded. By the way, what is the Walmart price on those cars?

@a6m5, I figure trying to help in some way is better than scalping everything. Especially since I've been on the receiving end of that. Very frustrating. It's crazy the stuff people will do to get certain cars. As for the prices, it's $4 at Kmart and a little under ($3.75 I think) at Walmart.

What's this supposed to mean, huh? Does this mean I have to return mine? It was $5.97!
Why would you pay double, Andy. Please stop throwing the money away. j/k :P
@a6m5, I figure trying to help in some way is better than scalping everything. Especially since I've been on the receiving end of that. Very frustrating. It's crazy the stuff people will do to get certain cars. As for the prices, it's $4 at Kmart and a little under ($3.75 I think) at Walmart.
For little stuff, I wouldn't buy to resell? If it's a Super Treasure Hunt, or some other chase going $20+ though..... I'm only a man. :P

For little stuff, I wouldn't buy to resell? If it's a Super Treasure Hunt, or some other chase going $20+ though..... I'm only a man. :P
I'll figure out something to do with it. It's definitely not going for a custom though, that's for sure.

I find it hard to believe that there are NO Japan Historics to be seen anywhere in my city. I've looked in about 3 Kmarts, 2 Toys R Us's, a few hobby stores, 1 Target and 3 Big W's (I think) during the school holidays. I've turned up with absolutely nothing and it looks as though I will have to get some from eBay... However, it does beg the question, will Australia get the Japan Historics?

I find it hard to believe that there are NO Japan Historics to be seen anywhere in my city. I've looked in about 3 Kmarts, 2 Toys R Us's, a few hobby stores, 1 Target and 3 Big W's (I think) during the school holidays. I've turned up with absolutely nothing and it looks as though I will have to get some from eBay... However, it does beg the question, will Australia get the Japan Historics?
I don't know, but that's been my experience right here in the U.S.
I'll figure out something to do with it. It's definitely not going for a custom though, that's for sure.
It's cool as it is.

Back