1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,425 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
So the Astons are sold. Used the money to grab some Cool Ones and T-Birds I missed out on from some years ago.

I actually forgotten all about the T-Birds for YEARS, but I was scrolling through TTP and I noticed one I didn't recognize, doubled check the blog and see they were in fact the empty the slots. Definitely did not hesitate. 👍

I just glanced at TTP, noticed how RLC Nova Gassers are going for lot of money($70, $80). Checked eBay & it's pushing $100 now. I always liked it ever since Jason posted his on here years ago, so I got one back when it was $20-something. So glad, and stoked to see it rise in value like that. :embarrassed:

I've recently bought some 1/64 Schucos. Some of you may remember the 2CV I bought and wasn't very pleased with.

Ferrari458Italiaf2.png

Ferrari458Italiar2.png

LamborghiniHuracanf2.png

LamborghiniHuracanr2.png

They look quite nice, but just further prove that Schuco 1/64 models are not worth the money they're sold for. I elaborate more on this on my blog.

Dang son I would not do 10 EUR for those. They used too thick of a plastic for the Huracan's headlamp. It bulges out more than it ought to. And those wheels too.

Are they true 1:64 or are they closer to 1:57/1:58 like Siku?

This is cool
http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/minicars-hot-wheels-mazda-repu-prototype/
Posted on October 27, 2016 by Ben Hsu
01_Hot-Wheels-Mazda-REPU-prototype-640x427.jpg

Those who stopped by our booth last Sunday may have noticed a few sneak peeks from our friends at Hot Wheels, hand-delivered in a nondescript plastic bag by designer Jun Imai himself. The first of them is a brand new casting for 2017, the Mazda REPU.

05_Hot-Wheels-Mazda-REPU-prototype-640x427.jpg

The Mazda Rotary Engine Pick Up, or REPU for short, is sure to please Mazdafarians and truck lovers alike. In real life it has the distinction of being the only rotary-powered pickup ever built and enjoys a strong cult following from enthusiasts of Mazda’s unique pistonless engine.

04_Hot-Wheels-Mazda-REPU-prototype-640x427.jpg

The specific example seen here is a very early prototype, developed much earlier in the process than the factory samples we usually feature. 3D-printed in four distinct pieces (body, grille and chassis, bed and interior, and glass), it shows how the final model in metal and plastic will fit together.

03_Hot-Wheels-Mazda-REPU-prototype-640x427.jpg
02_Hot-Wheels-Mazda-REPU-prototype-640x427.jpg

Lovingly rendered in mostly stock form, the detail is amazing. Trademark design aspects like the grille within a grille, rotor-shaped emblem, factory fender flares, and bedside battery box are all captured with incredible accuracy.

06_Hot-Wheels-Mazda-REPU-prototype-640x427.jpg

Only a slight lowering and sport exhaust reveal the possibility of some go-fast goodies under the hood. We expect the final version to proclaim ROTARY POWER in large letter on its tailgate, just like the real thing.

08_Hot-Wheels-Mazda-REPU-prototype-640x427.jpg
07_Hot-Wheels-Mazda-REPU-prototype-640x427.jpg

This is only the third Japanese nostalgic truck of Hot Wheels’ Imai Era, following in the footsteps of the Datsun 620 and Toyota Pickup. Designed by the talented and prolific Jun Imai, it will join the basic line in 2017. In the end, it’s no surprise that Hot Wheels brought a 1:64 REPU to the world. After all, he 1:1 version was only sold in North America.

It's kinda neat, but too obscure for me. I'd have preferred something more notable, or mainstream. Just my preference. *shrug*

The REPU is one of those unusual Japanese vehicles that wasn't sold in Japan. US market only. I actually owned a '76, fun truck. I'll post a pic if I can find one.

I'd like to thank my crappy internet for only loading half the pictures on this page.

Anyway, went to a Target tonight looking for Star Wars stuff and what do you know, a peg full of fresh Track Day cars. Picked up the Chevelle and the Datsun 510. Seeing lots of Truck series around too, minus a popular Datsun Pickup as usual.

Acquisitions from yesterday. Have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the tampo quality on the front of the Volvo, but I have plans to fix it. And the Ford Explorer never really interested me, but this one is money. Tampos are super crisp too.

DSCN8335.JPG

If it was the Gran Turismo set, maybe...... Any perk/bonus exclusive to this box set, or is it just five cars in a box?

Just the five cars and a cool box. The GT cars are way better than the Forza ones. I wish they had a box set.

Just the five cars and a cool box. The GT cars are way better than the Forza ones. I wish they had a box set.

At least all of the Forza branded cars have been in the series. I found it very odd that the GT sets have had cars not featured in a GT game and especially so when there's been so many iconic Gran Turismo cars.

Last edited:
My latest additions that a got from a recent trip to the grocery store along with going to target. The Charger was the only car I got from target, the other 7 were from the grocery store.
20161030_164328.jpg 20161030_164355.jpg 20161030_164436.jpg 20161030_164526.jpg

If anybody's interested, couple of posts:

RLC/Japan Phil Riehlman VW 2-Car Set
0000000000000.JPG

Hot Wheels Gran Turismo Nissan VGT, GT-R + Ford GT(all uncarded).
000000.JPG

How did you get yours so quickly? I'm still waiting for mine. :( :lol:
I'm still using that cheap small air packet or whatever it's called. It's like $3 more, but cuts transit time from 2.5 weeks to one week. It's fantabulous.
Colour looks great, love the interior too.
Color is good, I'm kinda burned out on CR-X now though. I could use more older car castings, too.

Back