1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
@Johnny1996 doesn't really live in Pittsburgh guys. I didn't hear any 9mm in the background. :P

I wish they also skipped the opening hood!
Those photos are of the first prototype, I expect it to smooth out for production. But I do agree.

Edit: Racing Champions has me interested in this. Hopefully the car comes out looking OK.

RCNewsApr0013.jpg

RCNewsApr0016.jpg

Technically you're actually right since I'm about 45 minutes east. But I still consider it my hometown. Its close enough after all.
I'm just kidding. Yeah, 45 minutes sounds like it's within the same metro area. 👍

Those photos are of the first prototype, I expect it to smooth out for production. But I do agree.
It's personal taste, but I'd rather seem them price the car cheaper without the opening hood, or just add the detail elsewhere. 240Z/Fairlady's been done to death, so I hope that M2 version will be something special!
AAAARGH I NEED THESE.
I haven't bought any Racing Champions since the rebirth, but if I could find these, they'll be the first. 👍

A few weeks ago was held the Diecast Convention over here in Mexico City. Here is some of the loot.

First up these 100% Hot Wheels that thankfully had their rubber bands in decent shape so they could be remover without damaging the paint. Both great representations of Mopar drag racing legends. $5 each:
20170401_234615.jpg

20170401_234641.jpg
20170401_234747.jpg

And a random Pop Culture Falcon that has already been stripped of its stupid paint. $2.50 bucks well spent.
20170402_001629.jpg

More later on 👍

My work sprouted a dump bin with 3 HW for £3. They're normally £1.30 each so a modest saving. Managed to find 3 I'd been on the fence about. They weren't essential, but any kind of Hot Wheels in my workplace tend to tempt me.

rsz_1dsc_0326-01.jpg

Edited to add; another Panamera error has been spotted.

Last edited:
Moar from the convention, this time some old stuff. First up this well preserved Impy Ford Zephyr, in fire dept livery, that cost me all of $5.
20170401_235104.jpg
20170401_235130.jpg

That same stand yielded this very decent Husky Aston Martin, the steal of the day at... $2.
20170402_001656.jpg

Another steal was this Japan-made Choro-Q Ferrari, again $2
20170402_001011.jpg

More of this later on, uncluding Nendos.

Moar from the convention, this time some old stuff. First up this well preserved Impy Ford Zephyr, in fire dept livery, that cost me all of $5.View attachment 644028View attachment 644029

That same stand yielded this very decent Husky Aston Martin, the steal of the day at... $2.
View attachment 644030

Another steal was this Japan-made Choro-Q Ferrari, again $2
View attachment 644031

More of this later on, uncluding Nendos.

Dammit Cano... You're making me want to scout for old stuff at markets again...

Again? what do you mean again? kinda like... you... stopped doing it?

Who are you, dude? wtf is up with you.

I stopped collecting 1/64 awhile ago to focus on other hobbies. Now, I want to root through markets all over again to find those coverted rare cars.

Who am I? I know who I am. Who are you? Do you know who you are?

Hoping someone gets the reference!

uncluding Nendos.

I don't know what's worse. The exclusion of Nendos, or the grade-school spelling. :mad:

I didn't know that many Ferraris existed:lol:

Kyosho's released at least 10 Ferrari sets if my memory serves me right. So yeah. There's plenty out there!

Seriously awesome display. 👍

Seriously thanks. But seriously, I only put out all the Ferraris just so I could have a Facebook cover photo. Seriously? Seriously!

8718b.jpg

Edit: oh wait you can click on that.

Back