1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
When it comes to hats, I prefer the black one you have as your avatar picture. Red hats are like red shoulders, they're dangerous landmines... :lol:
It's navy!

sketch-1497991012599.png

I'm on my lunchbreak walk right now. And the red hat was Donald Trump joke. His "Make America Great Again" hat is red, I think Jarrod has one.

Edit: I forgot I saw this on the way home(Toys R Us). Surprisingly neat quality. I'd have bought it if it was Dale's:

DSC_0249.JPG

I'm going to have to look for one online.
My first ever HW purchase! Its so beautiful. The most beautiful box ever.

View attachment 655312
I've never bought the entire case. What's it like? I've bought case of basketball cards before & I couldn't stop smiling as I opened each pack. :P
Wheels not official as usual on these factory photos featuring stolen goods. :P
I just wish they made few more Skylines.... Listen. You can hear @yabiggoose barfing down under.....

Seriously though, I thought I was looking at the Tomica Premium version. Is this really a dollar casting?

It's navy!

View attachment 655265

I'm on my lunchbreak walk right now. And the red hat was Donald Trump joke. His "Make America Great Again" hat is red, I think Jarrod has one.

For a second I thought you mean it's from the Navy and not navy-colored, haha.

And I know the red hat was a Trump reference, that's why I said I prefer to steer clear from them... Since they're a living meme and whatnot. :lol:

But keeping the topic where it matters, it's a shame the two Nissans I posted aren't 1/64s, because they would be good companions to the Century casting. Maybe a future 1/64 idea...

@a6m5 I'm really digging the R30 and Honda City tbh lol. The more obscure JDM cars I have nothing against.

It's the typical R32-35 GTR/MKIV Supra/FD RX-7 I'm sick of everyone doing lol
I get you. R35 situation is out of hand!
It's a race day case
Ah, okay. I have one set on the way from Jason(R1600turbo) myself. 👍
But keeping the topic where it matters, it's a shame the two Nissans I posted aren't 1/64s, because they would be good companions to the Century casting. Maybe a future 1/64 idea..
Lot of those Nissans looks the same to me. They do look nice though, at least in the larger scale.
Here's the much-maligned-earlier-in-the-thread Autech R33. Looks pretty good to me.
One thing I do have to mention though--it's a b i g car. Almost made me wonder if Tomica was slipping on their strict scale when I first opened the box.
It's caught my interest again after reading your post. I ordered one so I can see for myself! :D

Lot of those Nissans looks the same to me. They do look nice though, at least in the larger scale.

Is that your inner Century fan speaking...? :sly:

I kid, I kid. :lol: But they do look elegant, if anything. I just don't get why aren't they part of TLV's 1/64 lineup when there are so many examples of sedans in that range...

Is that your inner Century fan speaking...? :sly:

I kid, I kid. :lol: But they do look elegant, if anything. I just don't get why aren't they part of TLV's 1/64 lineup when there are so many examples of sedans in that range...
That's probably why, because they already have so many similar vehicles in the lineup!

That's probably why, because they already have so many similar vehicles in the lineup!

Well it's not as bad as the R35 situation if you ask me... But yes, I guess there are plenty of Nissans already. But Tomica keeps making more (remember the Gazelle TLV?), so maybe they're in a love affair with the brand...? :lol:

Well it's not as bad as the R35 situation if you ask me... But yes, I guess there are plenty of Nissans already. But Tomica keeps making more (remember the Gazelle TLV?), so maybe they're in a love affair with the brand...? :lol:
I've definitely noticed it. I want to see more old Toyotas.

Found the Race Day car at my Walmart. Literally one car. I didn't check for one day & it's one car left on the peg. :crazy:
I have to agree, for once the wrong wheels actually look right. Just change the color of the rim lip and you'd have a good car/wheel combo...
Love the orange accent.

I have an AmiAmi payment due for the following:

1/64 Nissan GT-R LM Nismo No.21 LMP1 Le Mans 2015 T. Matsuda - M. Shulzhitskiy - L. Ordonez
1/64 Nissan GT-R LM Nismo No.23 LMP1 Le Mans 2015 O. Pla - J. Mardenborough - M. Chilton
1/64 Porsche 919 Hybrid No.18 5th LMP1 Le Mans 2015 R. Dumas - N. Jani - M. Lieb
1/64 Audi R18 No.2 Winner Le Mans 2014 A. Lotterer - M. Fassler - B. Treluyer
1/64 Toyota TS030 Hybrid No.8 2nd Le Mans 2013 S. Buemi - A. Davidson - S. Sarrazin
1/64 DeltaWing-Nissan No.0 Le Mans 2012 M. Franchitti - M. Krumm - S. Motoyama

$83 total shipped. Hopefully they're worth it.

I have an AmiAmi payment due for the following:

1/64 Nissan GT-R LM Nismo No.21 LMP1 Le Mans 2015 T. Matsuda - M. Shulzhitskiy - L. Ordonez
1/64 Nissan GT-R LM Nismo No.23 LMP1 Le Mans 2015 O. Pla - J. Mardenborough - M. Chilton
1/64 Porsche 919 Hybrid No.18 5th LMP1 Le Mans 2015 R. Dumas - N. Jani - M. Lieb
1/64 Audi R18 No.2 Winner Le Mans 2014 A. Lotterer - M. Fassler - B. Treluyer
1/64 Toyota TS030 Hybrid No.8 2nd Le Mans 2013 S. Buemi - A. Davidson - S. Sarrazin
1/64 DeltaWing-Nissan No.0 Le Mans 2012 M. Franchitti - M. Krumm - S. Motoyama

$83 total shipped. Hopefully they're worth it.
I almost forgot about the Spark 1:64's...

Back