1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,421 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
What shipping service do you usually use from AmiAmi?
I use the "air pacel" or whatever is between the EMS & registered mail. This service seems to be at least a week faster than the registered mail service I used to use & it's usually just $3, $4 more.

My order ballooned for the month of June. Grand total was $124 & change. :crazy:

I use the "air pacel" or whatever is between the EMS & registered mail. This service seems to be at least a week faster than the registered mail service I used to use & it's usually just $3, $4 more.

My order ballooned for the month of June. Grand total was $124 & change. :crazy:
Air Small Packet?

Tarmac doesn't give any fraps about what you think about their decals. They're giving you more:

19260703_680401832144953_7811538122325751831_n.jpg

edit: oh god I just promoted an R35.

So I will be in the Los Angeles area for a week next month? Does anyone know of any decent diecast stores? Specifically any that sell TLVs? I've been searching online and coming up empty. I'd imagine Little Tokyo may have a store that does, but Google searching has yielded zilch.

Picked this up last night too.
Oversteer?
So I will be in the Los Angeles area for a week next month? Does anyone know of any decent diecast stores? Specifically any that sell TLVs? I've been searching online and coming up empty. I'd imagine Little Tokyo may have a store that does, but Google searching has yielded zilch.
I've been told that Kinokuniya book store chain carry TLVs in Asia. There is one in Japan Town(S.F.), but I don't know if there's one in Little Tokyo. One in my town doesn't carry one, but it's a small store.

Haven't found anything after the J case cars. My stores haven't been updating their stock including dumpbins. Hopefully I'll be able to get some Majorette cars when they start hitting Toys R US in July.

So thanks to a friend giving me a few 1/64's he had (all Hot Wheels), I ended up buying a handful myself:
IMG_0194s.jpg

And the ones said friend gave me:
IMG_0193s.jpg

Also found these 1/64's at my mom's house last time I went:
IMG_0195s.jpg

(Porsche and Lambo are AUTOart, the Superbird is Hot Wheels)

AY! WELCOME TO THE LITTLE BOYS CLUB!

caps.

So the TLV bus I bought from eBay seller in Russia finally arrived yesterday(ordered 4/23 :crazy:). In a bubble mailer. :banghead: I mean, it was bubblewrapped inside, but come on. Bus was in perfect condition, except the mirrors on both sides were busted off:

g.jpg

Completely gone on the left, just head broke off on the right. Seller also taped the TLV box directly shut, which takes away from the value of the bus(condition of the packaging affects value of the car). I just sent a request in for a full refund. I hope he insured it. :crazy:

What is up with the rear window in the green Camper though? :crazy:
Classic GrrenLight amirite.
lol, what is funny is the last 1/64's I bought were probably those two AUTOarts in the last pic. I have had them for maybe 15 years or so lol...
Are those headlights resin/plastic, or tampo/decals? They really do look nice. 👍

Are those headlights resin/plastic, or tampo/decals? They really do look nice. 👍
Tampo printed. I think later 1/64 AA's had actual plastic lenses, but I don't have any newer ones. I think they stopped making their 1/64 line in fact.

Tampo printed. I think later 1/64 AA's had actual plastic lenses, but I don't have any newer ones. I think they stopped making their 1/64 line in fact.
Yes, they did. I liked their 1/64's, too. :guilty: Thanks for the info. 👍

So the TLV bus I bought from eBay seller in Russia finally arrived yesterday(ordered 4/23 :crazy:). In a bubble mailer. :banghead: I mean, it was bubblewrapped inside, but come on. Bus was in perfect condition, except the mirrors on both sides were busted off:

View attachment 656130

Completely gone on the left, just head broke off on the right. Seller also taped the TLV box directly shut, which takes away from the value of the bus(condition of the packaging affects value of the car). I just sent a request in for a full refund. I hope he insured it. :crazy:

Was it in the description that the mirrors had been installed? That detracts from the value in and of itself.
Those are from the days when TLV DIY made sense. The mirrors are too fragile for transport, so there are no other options except to ship them separate from the vehicle.

Was it in the description that the mirrors had been installed? That detracts from the value in and of itself.
Those are from the days when TLV DIY made sense. The mirrors are too fragile for transport, so there are no other options except to ship them separate from the vehicle.
It was, right in the pictures. From the buses I have, I knew that Tomytec actually put holes where the mirrors attach? I thought maybe the mirrors just snap in/out those holes, or the sellers will package it in the way to protect the mirrors(I cut holes in blisters around installed parts).

Even in domestic shipping situation, you pretty much have to package to protect, like it'll get kicked around, but so many seasoned sellers online package stuff like they've never shipped anything before, or that they are shipping something that are impossible to get damaged. To me, that's crazy, but I've worked in shipping department before:

Incredible the lack of luck you have with some of these sellers. :crazy:
Probably because I buy so much online. You buy enough, you run into all sorts of sellers. Almost all of them are good though.

I did get a reply from the Russian seller. He suggested it's a 5-minute repair, but I think he's missing the point. There are differences between used toys & collectibles. We are now trying to figure out return postage, but I also suggested I'd take partial refund. Not looking forward to international shipping to Russia(it did take 2 months for it to arrive :crazy:).
Yep. Typical GL hit or miss quality.
It is a big miss. I think it's the same diorama I saw at my local Toys R Us? Three of them? All three had VW bus body coming off the chassis? :nervous:

Tomica D1 Professional Drift Grand Prix Series

IMG_4491a.JPG

Finally able to get this highly coveted golden oldie set. Now I can understand why. The tampo on these are astounding. The detail, resolution, accuracy, is really something.

IIado Custom Tomica Renault 5

IMG_4496a.JPG

Another oldie customised car.

Hot Wheels 1990 Honda Civic EF Pearl Aqua

IMG_4508a.JPG

This was actually my first HW purchase but I forgot about it until I was cataloging the other HW purchase.

Hot Wheels Car Culture Series 2017 Race Day

IMG_4564a.JPG

Don't think anyone can get bored of seeing more of these beauties.

Probably because I buy so much online. You buy enough, you run into all sorts of sellers. Almost all of them are good though.

That's true. Just some of the stories about things you've bought and the way they've been packaged. Boggles the mind as to way they'd send them that way in the first place. :crazy:
Tomica D1 Professional Drift Grand Prix Series

What a cool looking set. Nice score. :drool:👍

Back